Let’s start with Tamiya’s releases this year’s Nuremburg Toy Fair:
This R/C assembly kit depicts the Ferrari F12tdf first introduced at the end of 2015. It’s a road car that pays homage to the Tour de France, just not the Tour you may be thinking of. Before cyclists pre-empted the phrase and then copyrighted it, there was an epic automotive competition on French circuits and streets. And Ferrari won it seven times. The tdf is a tribute to Ferrari’s success in those historic events, an era when road and race cars were often one and the same with such epic classics as the 250 GT Berlinetta. The tdf is not a new model; it is a whole new concept. It is not a track car; rather, it was constructed in the spirit of a competition car for the street. Its 6.3-liter V12 puts out 780hp and generates massive torque. Only 799 of the actual F12tdf were made and it’s available to you to build and drive in the form of a high-performance radio control car.
Tamiya has faithfully reproduced this sleek road racing machine in 1/10 scale on the TT-02 entry-level on-road chassis. The TT-02 chassis incorporates many features to make it easy for the new R/C kit builder to assemble and learn from. The TT-02 chassis performs well as cornering and overall speed has been enhanced to take advantage of current electronics available on the market. In addition to the TT-02 being an ideal platform to start from, R/C
47347 1/10 R/C Racing Fighter Chrome Metallic (DT-03) LIMITED EDITION
This is a Limited-Edition version of the Racing Fighter off-road buggy, which sits atop the easy to build DT-03 chassis.
The DT-03 off-road buggy assembly kit is intended as an easy-to-get-started model to encourage young drivers to enter the world of R/C. Its intuitive yet tough design allows hassle-free assembly and gives less experienced users the opportunity to get to grips with R/C model composition and construction.
Furthermore, the kit features a polycarbonate body and wing that has chrome metallic plating applied, and are pre-cut. The kit includes an added bonus! It features a torque-tuned motor and CVA oil dampers to make it faster out of the box. The CVA oil dampers allow the chassis to better handle the rugged terrain of any park or dirt field.
- 1/10 scale R/C model assembly kit. Length: 400mm, width: 244mm, height: 134mm
- Finished polycarbonate body and wing have chrome metallic plating applied, and the body is pre-cut.
- Chrome-plated wheels included.
- The DT-03 uses a tough monocoque type frame. Big wheelbase (288mm) and tread (front: 221mm, rear: 208mm) measurements give it great performance on- and off-road!
- Front arms are at a 25-degree angle for great off-road driving.
- CVA oil dampers and a torque-tuned motor are included.
- Features a sealed rear gearbox with internal gear differential unit, plus a dust cover for R/C equipment.
- A wide range of option parts is available to tune and customize your DT-03 chassis car.
- Note: This model requires a receiver with an external antenna cable, as the radio signals will be interfered with by the metal-plated body if using a receiver with an internal antenna.
- Includes Tamiya TBLE-02 S ESC (May be used for brushed and brushless motor applications)
- Requires 2-channel radio, & 7.2volt battery with charger.
56352 1/14 R/C Mercedes-Benz Arocs 3363 6×4 ClassicSpace
This 1/14 scale tractor truck recreates the Mercedes-Benz Arocs 3363 3-axle truck, which is the first narrow bodied European tractor model in the Tamiya Tractor Truck Series. The full-size subject is the German company’s heavy duty tractor head that debuted in 2013. Powered by a 630hp 15.6-liter inline-6, the actual Arocs is capable of hauling massive loads of up to 250 tons.
The Tamiya rendition faithfully captures the truck’s modern form with the use of ABS plastic body parts and a number of metal chassis components. One look at the detailed interior and auxiliary equipment, such as air tanks, will confirm that the body features replica-quality realism, which is further enhanced with metal transfers depicting emblems and numerous metal-plated parts. The chassis is built for durability as it uses aluminum side channels with resin cross members. Drivability is accomplished by power from the front-mounted motor and is transmitted via a propeller shaft to the rear axle; built-in differential gears guarantee smooth cornering. Gear changes can be made via a separately-sold Tamiya 4-channel transmitter.
- 1/14 scale R/C model assembly kit. Length: 529mm, width: 190mm, height: 267mm.
- The narrow body of the ClassicSpace variant Arocs 3363 is recreated accurately using newly-molded parts, complete with the distinctive “bucket-tooth” grille. Photo-etched parts recreate cab rear platform.
- Interior details include: seat and dashboard.
- 3-axle chassis utilizes a tough ladder frame with aluminum side channels and resin cross members.
- A realistic drivetrain setup sees the front mounted motor powering twin rear axles.
- 3-speed transmission can be controlled via a 4ch R/C transmitter.
- Highly realistic suspension employs metal leaf spring dampers and friction dampers.
- Coupler is included to enable connection with any currently available Tamiya 1/14 scale trailers.
- Compatible with the tractor truck option parts (TROP) Items 56531, 56532, 56536 and 56538. Use with Multi- Function Control Unit MFC-03 (Item 56523) (or MFC-01, Item 56511) for realistic LED lights and sounds.
- Requires: 4-Channel radio, One Servo, ESC, 7.2volt battery with charger, and Tamiya TS-Paint.
58643 1/10 R/C The Grasshopper II (2017)
The Grasshopper II is one of Tamiya’s iconic radio control car kits from the late 1980’s. It was an enhanced follow up release to the original Grasshopper kit. This re-release (2017) kit features a number of updates while keeping largely faithful to the original model. Its streamlined construction process makes this kit perfect for less experienced users and R/C veterans alike, while separately sold option parts can be used to enhance the model.
- 1/10 scale R/C 2WD buggy model assembly kit. Length: 400mm, width: 221mm, height: 139mm.
- The Grasshopper II body is molded in durable polystyrene resin, and has a driver figure for attachment.
- Features a rugged ABS resin bathtub chassis.
- Front swing axle and rear rolling rigid suspension setups are actuated by coil-sprung friction dampers.
- Fully enclosed rear gearbox contains a differential gear to aid smooth cornering.
- Front ribbed tires give great straight-ahead grip, and rear spike tires provide powerful drive. They are matched with 8-spoke one-piece lightweight wheels.
- Includes 380-type motor.
- Compatible with tune-up parts such as standard Type 540 motors (requires nine 1150 ball bearings & one 850 ball bearing) and CVA mini oil dampers.
- Includes Tamiya TBLE-02 S ESC (May be used for brushed and brushless motor applications)
- Requires 2-channel radio, 7.2volt battery with charger, and Tamiya TS paint.
58642 1/14 R/C Team Reinert Racing MAN TGS (TT-01 Type-E)
Availability: Feb 1, 2017
Weighing in at a colossal 5,400kg, the trucks in the European Truck Racing Championship are truly the heavyweights of motorsport. But size isn’t the only thing that’s extreme about these incredible machines. The Team Reinert Racing MAN TGS truck is powered by a huge 1,100hp turbocharged diesel engine. To get that phenomenal power from the engine to the tarmac is no easy task, which is why the truck takes advantage of a Mechanical 16-speed ZF gearbox to get it up to speed.
This Tamiya radio control replica faithfully captures the giant race truck of the Team Reinert Racing Team. It competed in the 2016 running of the FIA European Truck Racing Championship. The polycarbonate body sits atop the TT-01 E chassis, which is designed for easy assembly and maintenance.
- 1/14 scale R/C model assembly kit.
- 4-piece durable and lightweight polycarbonate body.
- Details such as engine, turbocharger and frame are faithfully reproduced on the polycarbonate body.
- Separately molded ABS plastic parts recreate side mirror, coupler and rear bumper.
- Included marking stickers recreate the sponsor livery of the #77 Team Reinert Racing truck from the 2016 FIA season.
- Wheels and 70mm diameter radial tires are specifically designed for racing truck models.
- Features molded parts to make the model compatible with LED lights. (Tamiya LED Light Unit sold separately)
- The TT-01 Type-E chassis features shaft-driven 4WD with easy handling characteristics.
- A wide range of option parts is available to tune the TT-01 Type-E chassis.
- Includes a Tamiya TBLE-02S ESC and Torque Tuned motor. ESC features brushless motor mode for easy expandability for brushless motor power. Note: Do not exceed a 21.5 turn motor when upgrading to a brushless motor.
- Requires 2-channel radio, 7.2volt battery and charger, and PS paint to finish.
47350 1/10 R/C Top-Force (2017) LIMITED EDITION
Availability: May 2017
The Top-Force is back! This is a limited-edition re-issue of the Top-Force (2005) model, with one minor change – different tires are now included.
The 4WD buggy Top Force was initially released in 1991, to celebrate the release of Tamiya’s 100th R/C car. Designers incorporated feedback and experience gained over the years to produce a purebred racer like no other! Designed to possess an ultra-low center of gravity, the Top Force sports a body that is both aerodynamic and cool to look at! The Top Force features front and rear sealed gearboxes, sandwiched between 2mm FRP plates for dependable durability. That style would later become a standard for R/C touring cars, demonstrating just how revolutionary Top Force was. Transmission system features a hard propeller shaft and front/ rear ball diff. Double wishbone suspension comes with 4 CVA shock dampers, and is designed for ultimate adjustability.
- 1/10 scale shaft-driven 4WD R/C model assembly kit. Length: 400mm.
- The distinctive Top-Force body and wing are molded in lightweight and durable polycarbonate. Marking stickers are included to decorate the body.
- FRP double-deck chassis.
- Shock damper stays are made from FRP and are used in conjunction with oil shock dampers and the 4-wheel independent double-wishbone suspension for superior handling.
- White nylon star dish wheels are paired with square spike tires (Items 53084/53088).
- Front and rear ball differentials, plus a rigid propeller shaft ensure that power from the rear-mounted transverse motor is transmitted smoothly to the wheels.
- Includes 540-type brushed motor.
- Requires 2-channel radio with ESC, 7.2volt battery with compatible charger, and PS paint to complete.
42311 1/10 R/C TRF419X WS Chassis Kit
MSRP: $ TBA
The TRF (Tamiya Racing Factory) 419X is the pinnacle touring car race machine from Tamiya’s top tier designers. It is a vehicle that can be raced at your local track or at official Tamiya TCS races. This variant of the TRF419X (original Item: 42301) gives the hi-spec racing chassis kit a boost, with new
thickness upper (carbon fiber) and lower (aluminum) deck parts included in the kit to further enhance its
performance on carpet and other high-grip surfaces. The rest of the kits’ features remain the same as the regular 419X.
Key Design Features:
- Front and rear shock towers sit lower than previous model TRF machines. This feature reduces the center of gravity and allows Tamiya fans to use Tamiya low nose sports car body sets.
- Separate front and rear bulkheads have detachable inner camber link mounts for precise adjustment of the camber linkage length. You are no longer limited to predetermined holes from the previous mounting system.
- Sway Bar mount are fitted with a stabilizer stopper.
- Aluminum battery mounts are slotted to easily use strapping tape to secure the battery in place.
- Carbon fiber shock towers are secured to the aluminum bulkhead using only two screws as opposed to four as seen in previous models. This allows for more flex of the chassis.
- Servo mount is made of two pieces: carbon fiber and aluminum.
- Precision 1/10 scale R/C model assembly kit. Length: 370mm
- Includes both a new 2mm thickness aluminum chassis, and the original 2.15mm thickness carbon fiber lower deck, letting the driver switch according to the surface conditions they are running on.
- Both the new 1.75mm thick carbon fiber and the original 2mm thick carbon fiber upper decks are included.
- Super short TRF dampers are combined with TRF419X suspension arms.
- Front and rear lower bulkhead parts have 3 attachment points, allowing alteration of chassis rigidity and flex. Bulkhead parts can be fitted with upper arm spacers for a greater range of setup options.
- 2 types of ballast weight are included.
- Requires: 2-Channel radio, servo, ESC, 7.4V racing battery with charger, 190mm body, wheels, and tires.