Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Sig 4* 20 EP; anybody convert one yet?

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Sig 4* 20 EP; anybody convert one yet?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 08:57 PM
SBOT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sig 4* 20 EP; anybody convert one yet?

I have had one completed for about 8 months, but only had one short flight on it. I took it out today for several flights, and like you really enjoyed the way it flies. I haven't touched a transmitter for about 6 months so my thumbs were very rusty, but I was comfortable with the Fourstar 20. Mine has an Enya 25SS in the nose. I also used an aftermarket tailwheel; the one supplied with the kit was just too cheesy. I don't remember what it ended up weighing, but it is primarly designed for electric and builds very light. Just a great little plane.

Edit: My local hobby shop has one in stock. You can't pay, order on line; but contact him by e-mail he ships worldwide. He stocks lots of 1/2a and control line stuff, also Enya engines, he's a real good guy to deal with and a flier. www.wingsandwheelshobbies.com
Old 11-02-2011, 03:53 AM
mikeh251

thanks for the info. If the source I'm working with now doesn't pull thru, I will definately give this guy a call. The website here has been very helpful to meThanks again!

Old 11-02-2011, 11:53 AM
mikeh251

Took the plane out for another 2 tankfuls today. Still pretty windy where I fly but this thing doesn't seem to mind too much. I like this plane, it is so easy to throw into the car and go out and enjoy a nice day flying. It is very responsive but also easy to see and control. I also got word that a backup kit is on its way, so I should be able to utilize this combo for quite some time. Thanks again to all here who have helped me with the project. I am very pleased with the results and appreciative of all of your efforts.