Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

a little big for 1/2A but 15 size

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

a little big for 1/2A but 15 size

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 07:55 AM
airraptor
My Feedback: (66)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: a little big for 1/2A but 15 size

JETPACK .......[]

I saw that in the for sale section. I thought it would be a cool plane to have but i have many projects and figured if i wasnt going to buy some one else that doesnt go to the for sale section might like the plane.

Jetpack and all the other haters have hurt this 1/2A section because i will never post another cool plane again. Like they say if you dont like what you see dont read it.
I know what 1/2A is and some of those 1/2A engines have glow plugs instead of glow heads. You are tired of those "ads" showing up in here yet you have made some long post wasting your keystrokes.

most 1/2A size kits can have a larger .09-.18 size engine installed in them. this is pretty common now days because of no real production of 1/2A engines like there used to be in the late 80's to early 90's.
Old 12-09-2011, 10:44 AM
DeviousDave

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys are really going to palp-out when I show up to SMALL with an OS .30 Wankle.....
Old 12-09-2011, 11:38 AM
skaliwag
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It will be fine if you don't let it Run on all cylinders.[:@]
Old 12-09-2011, 11:55 AM
buzzard bait

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The "little big for 1/2A but 15 size" in the title was perhaps a side issue to the mention of an advertisement (which I thought was a non-issue).

It's clear from responses that "1/2A" means many different things to different people. It can mean .0504 and below, it can mean .09, it can mean .15, or it can mean an airplane that once was flown with an .049. Apparently it can even mean glow plugs. Who knew?

I think "1/2A" will become more and more marginal and will not attract the attention of new people in the hobby. For every person who posts here saying "maybe not really 1/2A, but..." there are probably a couple others who just didn't post because they didn't want be considered inappropriate. It will become very ingrown. Maybe it already is.

There are people on other forums wondering what to do with their small engines whom we might attract. But I seem to be alone in thinking it would be better to put a clear definition on this forum.

Jim

p.s. I didn't think there was anything wrong with Airraptor's post.
Old 12-09-2011, 02:08 PM
Max_Power

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You're not alone Jim, I think some sort of formal classification of what is and isnt appropriate would help lots, And I think IMHO that needs to be up to 25 size models. I'm sure there are a lot of posts we miss out on because people are afraid someone will say its too big.
I'm not in favor of all the for sale posts..I like them about as much as all the "FWD:fwd"FWD:FWD chain mails that fill my inbox...But I honestly think that my (perhaps too simple) suggestion of putting "for sale" in the title Ex: "FOR SALE-little big for 1/2A but 15 size" would be fine.
I've honestly never understood the comment "If you don't like it don't read it"...seems absolutely illogical to me when the title doesn't convey what the contents are? It would be like me starting a thread titled "Hot Chicks and cool planes" and then just putting pictures of bunnies in it and telling folks they shouldn't have looked if they don't like rabbits It would be nice to hear what the Mod(s) think about the possibility of the forum being "1/2a and Small Glow" as its not like this forum is overcrowded with threads lately and although flying a .25 definitely isn't like running a Cox .049 I think it is likely what %75 percent of the modelers here are into.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:35 AM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

This one happened while I was away and it's obviously exploded as big as one of the volcanoes on the island I was at for the past two weeks.

It's certainly run it's course and we all need to get on to better things.

.... Locked.....