Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Cox engines coming to Hobby King.

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Cox engines coming to Hobby King.

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 04:49 PM
HellcatAce
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Diesel Bee!
Old 10-24-2013, 04:59 PM
skaliwag
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get one of Bernies Diesel heads and put it on one of his Skymasters. Plop in one of the diesel cranks at the same time.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:39 PM
hsukaria

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cox International
Had a really bad run in with Mecoa some years ago (they still owe us money and product) so dealing with them is completely out of question.

Our main market is the USA (40%), followed by the UK (20%), Canada (5%) and then lots of European countries, Central and South America and a bit all over the world. No customers in Iceland so far but we have some in French Guyana, Vanvatu, Fiji, Mauritius, Indonesia etc

Bernie
In the early to mid 70's, I used to buy Cox engines, control line models, and fuel from local toy stores in Beirut, Lebanon. They were actually reasonably priced, I thought.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:50 AM
danilo-2
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Diesel,really?
I bought one of Davis's first prod run Diesel head gizmos for 049's. Still have it, still not reliably usable.in my hands at least.
Desite owning an assortment of Diesels for at least 3 decades
Currently I have a drawer full of Diesels and NO fuel.
Seemingly no volume supplier still makes it. Unless willing to pay for a 45 gallon drum ~$4000
Some diy the swill: but chemical components are increasingly difficult to source. Some virtually impossible.
Food for thought.
Old 10-26-2013, 10:56 AM
Andrew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by danilo-2
Currently I have a drawer full of Diesels and NO fuel.
Seemingly no volume supplier still makes it. Unless willing to pay for a 45 gallon drum ~$4000
Dr. Diesel to the rescue.
Old 10-26-2013, 10:15 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I've had decent results with 1/3 lamp oil, 1/3 castor oil & 1/3 John Deere starting fluid for non throttled engines. The weak link with dieselized COX and Norvel engines is the rod. A beefy crank just means that you wont snap any cranks....just rods. The mathematic difference between buying glow plugs and more [glow] fuel vs buying less [diesel] fuel but replacing more broken engine parts, I've never weighed the differences over an extended period, like 200 flights or so.
Old 10-27-2013, 10:43 AM
AMB

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

danilo-2 you should be able to Get John Deere starter fluid up there mainly ether castor oil and kerosene should not be an issue
thats what a lot of the guys use. here (USA) Davis diesel has fuel 1/2 A and regular for the bigger ones

cheers martin