Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

The Edgeling (HalfWit variant)

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

The Edgeling (HalfWit variant)

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 06:43 AM
matchlessaero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: The Edgeling (HalfWit variant)

Thanks guys, I had a great time at your event and plan to come to the next one.

And yes, it definitely was fun beating the .40 size guys.
Old 05-05-2004, 03:16 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

WAY to GO! It's very impressive that you and the EDGELING did so well because those .25, .32 & .40 machines are VERY good at what they are designed for. The practice accident points out how we take the extreme level of concentration for granted. 12 oz planes crash better than their big brothers do, those bigger fun fly planes have to be built so light they don't forgive you much if you land them a little bit sideways. Too bad DBs' BEERCAT couldn't make a showing, if he couldn't make the trip at least you could have offered to fly his plane for him[ for a small fee of course]!
Old 05-08-2004, 02:52 AM
crashawk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very nice plane Matchless.
I haven't flown my halfwit in a couple of months, last time was at the local gathering field and I had radio problems. I let a friend fly it and he kept getting hit, funny thing was when it got hit it did some pretty cool stuff, everyone thought he was a really good flyer . I'm using a gws reciever and was wondering if maybe it can't handle the vibration, I may just have to test it here at home and make sure it just wasn't the field, that field does seem to gobble up a lot of planes to suppossed interferance.
it looks like you have another winner.

Jason
Old 05-08-2004, 06:35 AM
rrragmanliam
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: crashawk

I'm using a gws reciever
Jason ,This is your problem. The gws is a single conversion RX. Frankly I wouldnt put one of these in a plane that I wanted to keep in one piece for a long time. Use a quality duel conversion rx and these problems will go away(short of someone turning on a TX on the same channel in the near vicinity). Most people I speak with are using the Hitec 555 and electron 6 recieviers. I have both and have yet to get hit. FMA direct also makes an excellent, light, duel conversion rx I think it's called the M5.

Rrragman
Old 05-09-2004, 01:28 AM
crashawk

thanks Rrragman, that is pretty much what I suspected but circumstances really didn't support it at the time. I fly several planes on the gws recievers, my halfwit is the only one that has taken any real hits, all the others are electric though and it supported my excess vibration theory. one plane was taking little glitches with a full length antenna but became rock solid after wrapping the antena tightly around a dowel, that reciever was getting swamped at an indoor site and the wrapping was an attempt to fix the problem and it worked great. I fly most of my electrics away from the "field" and have never had a problem (including the halfwit until flown at the "field"). btw, I do have some full size am recievers that are single conversion that have never had a problem anywhere, they are controlled with an Ace Micropro 8000 and I'm always looking for more narrow band am recievers for it (channel 48 ). thanks.

Jason
Old 05-09-2004, 02:45 AM
ChuckAuger
My Feedback: (12)

The Berg 4,5 II, and 6 are single conversion, but have a digital signal processor front end. They are solid performers even in crowded situations (like 10 other planes up at the same time) and the 5 II is only $50 w/crystal and weighs 10 grams without the case, 13.5 with the case. I used to like the Hitec 555, but now when I buy a new RX, it's a Berg, they are the best IMHO.
Old 05-15-2004, 08:11 PM
tashley
My Feedback: (9)

Chuck,who has the best price on Berg?