Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Clancy Stagger Bee

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 04:13 PM
WEBB1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Clancy Stagger Bee

DID YOU EVER COME UP WITH A SET OF PLANS FOR THE STAGGER BEE?I'M INTERESTED MYSELF,AND HAVE COME UP WITH NADDA SO FAR!
Old 09-27-2006, 06:05 PM
Bipe Flyer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I've partially drawn up plans. I can send you a gif if you think it's enough for you to build from.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96776.gif
Views:	200
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	531416  
Old 09-27-2006, 07:14 PM
imsofaman
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No....I sold all my plans also. I will give you a hint.....the Yard Bee wing is the top wing and the Baby Bee wing is the bottom. Scratch build the rest.

Dave
Old 10-02-2006, 11:40 AM
WEBB1

I GREATLY APPRECIATE ANYTHING YOU HAVE ON THIS PLANE!THANKS FOR WHAt YOU'VE SENT ALREADY!
Old 12-23-2008, 12:59 AM
loverofyahshua

If anyone wants a copy of the Stagger Bee Plans, they are here,
[email protected]
Call 559 776 1725,
Cheer's,
dj
Old 04-27-2009, 12:52 PM
build light

ORIGINAL: Bipe Flyer

OK, I did a 2-view drawing that I can make a plan from. Does this look about right?
Bump!

Robert
Old 04-27-2009, 03:39 PM
PeterC

Instead of wingerons has anybody thought of using tailerons? The span of the tail is long enough that they should be very effective.
Peter
Old 04-27-2009, 04:11 PM
imsofaman

All you need is rudder.....just make the wings normal. There is more than enough dihedral in the wing tips. Trust me. Been there done that with this model. It is a novelty with the wingerons....I found they are just a pain.

The Stagger Bee is really tail heavy. This is why you see so many with large motors in the front. As much as I love Clancy designs....that plane made me almost loose my religion!!!! LOL! Good luck!

Dave
Old 04-27-2009, 05:38 PM
Bipe Flyer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Here you go.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Ec88666.txt (31.5 KB, 56 views)
Old 04-28-2009, 09:45 AM
OzMo
My Feedback: (3)

Hey
Irecently bought a lazy bee long wing maiden today I hope. I was wondering how much nose weight the Stagger Bee was needing. If I scratch one I would extend the nose some.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:39 PM
imsofaman

The problem is that the rear of the fuselage is all sheeted, some of it doubled up. The elevator and rudder, all solid. I would try to do a stick fuse from the rear of wings-back to the tail feathers with top formers and make the tail feathers in a stick method also.

I will say this about the Stagger Bee.... my model was beautiful....I was so excited....I had the wingerons. The plans says to have a nose down attitude which I found impossible with electric hardware as the brushless motors and lipos weigh so much left than the old school stuff. It flew so tail heavy and the wingerons were sensitive. I rolled and crashed......destroyed my lipos..messed up the wingerons badly...rebuilt it again. Still again it tail heavy. Same thing as before and ended up rebuilding and repairing for the 2nd time. Last try was with an AXI 2820!!!! That was the only thing I had for weight in the nose. Large lipos on the wing inside the fuselage. It flew way too fast....I did not enjoy it at all. I ended up giving it away....minus all the elctronics. Sad story....but that little plane really worked my nerves. I also was too impatient and should have just slowed things down a bit and thought about it more. If so....I would probably still have it.

I want to make a new one one day....but larger. One day...........

Dave
Old 05-06-2009, 09:24 AM
planeman40

I have most of Clancy's "Bees" plans including the "Stagger Bee". All are part of my private collection, are restored, in high resolution, and are in digitized .PDF format. Should you need a "Bee" plan, e-mail me at [email protected] and be sure to mention the plan you are looking for. I will e-mail it back. No charge.

Planeman