Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Whats da stupidest thing u'v done building?

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Whats da stupidest thing u'v done building?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 05:43 AM
SquirlNutZipper
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Whats da stupidest thing u'v done building?

I once turned on an ep sailplane, minus the transmitter, in my sisters living room while showing it to my brother-in-law. Not that this would be a problem usually and not that I haven't done it a few times in the past other than the fact that her living room is filled with artifacts from Ireland, other bits of the UK, Africa, Central America, NZ, Austraila, etc...

I'm the black sheep "little" brother by the way and excused from the wooping I would have received at her hands as a child and man she can really kick some back side.

Managed to glue all my fingers together working on a guillows plane when the super glue commercials came out. Not that that would be a problem really but previously I also managed to glue a bunch of my fathers wood working tools to the top of his shop to see if the commercials were indeed true. None of my friends would try out the hard hat and his Subaru was out of the question...

Lets not forget the time I buzzed a sheriff's car and had some explaning to do. Thank you dad!
Old 09-28-2006, 10:03 AM
fritzke
My Feedback: (1)

Ah, paint thinner on the workbench! I had some in a glass to clean brushes, but a little bit to near my glass
of iced tea. Luckily I realized I had taken a big swig of turpentine before I swollowed it. Ugh.
Dave
Old 09-28-2006, 10:25 AM
1/2Aandbeyond

I had run out of contact cement so I tried Elmers white glue for the fuse doublers on my HOB Mustang, the next morning I had balsa soup spoons.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:20 AM
lukesp

Was trying to Xacto chop a 1/16 sqr balsa, was just mashing the wood so I pushed down on the blade itself with my index finger- just then noticed I was holding the knive sharp side up and pushed the #11 into my finger. Still have no idea how I managed to try to cut with the back of the blade, and hasn't happend since.

Yeeeow, man ! Too graphic!!
Old 09-28-2006, 11:51 AM
KidEpoxy

just then noticed I was holding the knive sharp side up and
well, IIR the blade had slid crooked so the back was at an angle and the blade was straight along the handle... still cant figure how I got into that situation other than changing the blade & putting it in entirely wrong.

These weren't as bad:
Think a hardwood TE would make the wing stronger, then try to #11 slit it for a hinge.
Sand the LE while holding a semisemetric wing upsidedown.
Cover, then remember the TE mini-doublers for the hinges.
Forget to flip the wing and build a straight-bottom taper-top wing with anhedral.
Try to use a Thin CA bottle with WAY too much tip cut off.... I think I got 1/3oz on that one joint...and the rest of the sheet, and my hand, and the table, and some on the carpet[:@]
Old 09-28-2006, 05:51 PM
1/2Aandbeyond

Well when the post for dumb***** things you did with a #11 blade comes to town I'll tell ya about a unique day in my childhood my cousin wittnessed.