Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

JK Aerotech

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 06:00 PM
LoneRanger
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JK Aerotech

have any of ya'll tried them out? I have built 2 or 3 of thier 1/12th scale combat planes and they are GREAT inexpensive fliers. realy fun, and handle wonderful.

I am thinking of getting the 1/20th "pocket" P-51 for my .049 norvell they list it as being 11oz ready to fly and I think* I can get that down to just 9 or 10 oz.

the kit is only 30 bucks it is foam anc coroplast construction with packing tape to finish it off. at first I was turned off by it but man does it make for one durable plane! I fiberglassed a Mig3 that was reeeealy nice but ummmmmm not as "durable" lol

L.R. [8D]
Old 06-21-2007, 07:00 PM
flyinrog

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: JK Aerotech

I had one of their trainer planes, I beat that poor thing to death..I also bought one of the little rocket mustangs and figured it was more than I could handle, Deadstick Dan checked it over for me but he couldnt fly it either, too squirrely.....Rog
Old 06-21-2007, 08:53 PM
LoneRanger

squirrley? LOL just like me!

I havent been on the sticks in 3 or 4 years (about the amount of time I have been absent here on RCU!) but I think I'll give it a go!

L.R. [8D]
Old 06-21-2007, 09:21 PM
Raymond LeFlyr
My Feedback: (2)

All the guys I fly combat with - and that's 8 or 9 - ALL have one or more JKA 1/12 scale models. Eventually we started "kitting" our own but still kept to their basic construction scheme. I can recommend them with no hesitation.
Old 06-22-2007, 02:49 AM
Bipe Flyer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

First things first; where the heck have you been, LoneRanger? I haven't seen you around here in ages.

The guys who started JK Aerotech are cousins of a guy in our club. He has one of their Corsairs, and it flies really nice. He rounded the fuse and made a fibreglass cowl, so it looks great too.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61274.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	708634  
Old 06-22-2007, 07:29 AM
flyinrog

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there you go LR go ahead and order one...Bipe what size is that GeeBee? I have a .15 size one I got off the bay years ago, mine is red and white and I doubt I'll ever have the nerve to fly it so I havent bothered to put it together....Rog
Old 06-22-2007, 08:05 AM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have built a dozen or so of the combat planes. I liked the Foke Wolf the best. The corsair was a hoot with a .46 on the nose[sm=spinnyeyes.gif] The guys who run the company are very nice too.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:15 PM
Bipe Flyer

ORIGINAL: flyinrog

there you go LR go ahead and order one...Bipe what size is that GeeBee? I have a .15 size one I got off the bay years ago, mine is red and white and I doubt I'll ever have the nerve to fly it so I havent bothered to put it together....Rog
The GeeBee is a .46 size model from Page Aviation. It was the plan in the August 1998 issue of RCM.
http://www.adrianpage.com/
Old 06-23-2007, 02:01 AM
Sneasle

hehe, I love that Gee Bee z.

Too bad Adrian won't be around much longer.

Glad I bought a kit off the 'bay... gonna get hard to find real quick.

I didn't' realize how many different versions of his plane there are. I think there are at least 3 different version of the plans, with each set having a few slightly different wood parts and some having more plastic parts then others.

I can just see a group of guys gettign together and flying combat with 1/5scale Gee Bee's. That would be a hoot.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:22 AM
LoneRanger

Bipe, I've been hiding- job took the wife and I up to Jacksonville and I havnt flown in 4 years or so- moved back "home" to ocala and unearthed all my "stuff" I have my favorite aircraft and Ace simple series corsair with a .074 norvel that is ready to fly, and I have a .40 sized trainer that is also ready to fly. I have a .25 size motor dang near brand new that needs an airframe, and my .049 norvel that needs an airframe.

I am also restoring a 1973 ford bronco which is hoggin most of my funding for "other things".

I'm glad to see all the old hats doing well on here!

L.R. [8D]
Old 06-23-2007, 08:22 PM
Bipe Flyer

Glad to have you back.