Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

WTB Mint Cox Sky Rally Ultralight

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

WTB Mint Cox Sky Rally Ultralight

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 09:34 AM
btomlinson
My Feedback: (58)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB Mint Cox Sky Rally Ultralight

Im looking for a NIB Cox Sky Rally Ultralite.Must be mint and untouched...

Im 31 and can remember the days of drooling in the hobby shop over this plane. Teaching my five year old to fly has re kindeld some great memories
Old 06-22-2007, 10:15 AM
Mattholew

Default RE: WTB Mint Cox Sky Rally Ultralight

Yeah, thats such a cool plane, I also used to drool over getting one, they had it in the Sears Wishbook at Christmas in probably 1984 or so. I just had to have one, but never got it.

A couple years later my Dad finally popped for a Cox EZ Bee, we had a lot of fun building it together and running it in, then crashing it time after time. Pops used to chunk the hell out of it and usually nearly straight up which would make for a roller coaster ride of stalls there after. I busted it up so many times that the plane ended weighing probably twice or more times as it did when we first built it thanks to my handy epoxy repairs! LOL I was 12 years old then.

Now 19 years later, I am looking for a new in box Original EZ Bee with the Cox Sanwa two stick radio (what I had) and for any other EZ Bee made then or there after. Reason being, I want to keep the NIB Bee in my collection and the other to update with modern RC gear to fly in order to finally have that wonderful flying experience with a Cox .049 powered EZ Bee that I never got to have.

So good luck in locating your kit and reliving your childhood, sounds like a lot of fun.

-Matt
Old 06-22-2007, 12:07 PM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Matt Chester

Yeah, thats such a cool plane, I also used to drool over getting one, they had it in the Sears Wishbook at Christmas in probably 1984 or so. I just had to have one, but never got it.

A couple years later my Dad finally popped for a Cox EZ Bee, we had a lot of fun building it together and running it in, then crashing it time after time. Pops used to chunk the hell out of it and usually nearly straight up which would make for a roller coaster ride of stalls there after. I busted it up so many times that the plane ended weighing probably twice or more times as it did when we first built it thanks to my handy epoxy repairs! LOL I was 12 years old then.

Now 19 years later, I am looking for a new in box Original EZ Bee with the Cox Sanwa two stick radio (what I had) and for any other EZ Bee made then or there after. Reason being, I want to keep the NIB Bee in my collection and the other to update with modern RC gear to fly in order to finally have that wonderful flying experience with a Cox .049 powered EZ Bee that I never got to have.

So good luck in locating your kit and reliving your childhood, sounds like a lot of fun.

-Matt
They actually fly very well, I messed with someone's push button Failsafe version a while ago and thought the aircraft itself well done. The control system worked "okay".

MJD
Old 10-22-2007, 10:44 AM
fairtrade1234
My Feedback: (14)

Cox 049 Sky Rally Found...Yes: Its Mint In Box Never Assembled....I do sell on R/C Universe every once in awhile and have excellent ratings and feedback ....The box is also pristine.....Has you probably know the Sky Rally was sold with no Radio...I don't have a radio with sale either. Any of the new R/C micro systems will work this model fine.........I'm asking $200.00 + Shipping...E-mail [email protected] or Phone: (831) 479-0212
Old 10-22-2007, 11:31 AM
btomlinson
My Feedback: (58)

PM Sent