Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Hypercolor 074 turbo heads

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Hypercolor 074 turbo heads

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 03:44 PM
Digger-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hypercolor 074 turbo heads

Greetings all.

I have heard the difficulties that Tim has had recently and I certainly am pulling for him. These questions are stricly business related questions though.

Is hypercolor shipping anything?

When was the last time that anyone here knows they shipped something?

Does anyone here have direct hands on experience with their 074 turboplug head?
What was the performance verses a standard Norvel plug.

Thanks.

Digger
Old 12-05-2007, 03:56 PM
dieFluggeister

Default RE: Hypercolor 074 turbo heads

Strictly business speaking, I have had an order in for at least several weeks now and have not gotten product or a reply to my inquiries. On the bright side my account hasn't been charged either.

Old 12-05-2007, 09:10 PM
catracer343

I ordered a head from him on September 23rd. I sent him a bank check for $20.00, and I have not heard a single thing. No phone call, no e-mail, no letter, no smoke signal, NOTHING![:@] I have tried to get in touch with him in every way, shape and form, and have gotten nowhere. Perhaps I can pick it up in person on my way down to Daytona Bike Week next year...[>:]
Old 12-05-2007, 09:49 PM
skaliwag
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does any of us live near Tim, know where his shop is and can go by and check to see if he is OK?
BTW Catracer ... Nice Radio.
Old 12-06-2007, 03:51 AM
flyinrog

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He's a couple of hours south of me and probably that far southeast of Vicman, but I dont know where his shop is?...and I had to ride my motorcycle to work tonight cause the van is down and I cant get the miata inspected.....Bsarge is down that way, but I'm not sure they ever actually met.....I know he has family in NY upstate...maybe he went there for a while????.....Rog
Does seem like he would at least check in[]...but he was MIA last time for awhile before he checked back in too...
Old 12-06-2007, 08:51 AM
eroc144

I ordered and paid for 2 turbo heads back in Sept but haven't received or heard anything. I've also tried all reasonable communication methods with no response.

Based on all the prior about his situation I'm sure things are rough for him right now, but he's bound to resurface at some point.

EG
Old 12-06-2007, 08:59 AM
SGC

I'm still waiting on 2 heads payed for in June!!!!
Old 12-06-2007, 01:29 PM
Digger-RCU

I want to order a few heads, but if it is pointless at this time, I will wait.

Any reports on performance?

Surely someone out there has one in hand to tell us how well they work on the 074.

("Yes someone does, but dont call me Shirley!")

Digger

Old 12-06-2007, 01:56 PM
BSARGE

ORIGINAL: flyinrog

He's a couple of hours south of me and probably that far southeast of Vicman, but I dont know where his shop is?...and I had to ride my motorcycle to work tonight cause the van is down and I cant get the miata inspected.....Bsarge is down that way, but I'm not sure they ever actually met.....I know he has family in NY upstate...maybe he went there for a while????.....Rog
Does seem like he would at least check in[]...but he was MIA last time for awhile before he checked back in too...
I think he lives in Concord which is only about 20 mins from me...I met him last year at the reedie race, if someone can tell me where he lives, I would be glad to go check on him!!

-Bill
Old 12-06-2007, 04:18 PM
Raymond LeFlyr
My Feedback: (2)

Radio? There's a radio in there? Oh yeah, must be one of those hidden picture things where you look at it one way and you see a skull then look closer and you see a woman in front of a mirror. Pretty clever to slip a transmitter in there.

On a less frivolous note, Tim is one of the good guys. I can't believe he would be ignoring us if he had any choice at all. Small models and their engines is his passion like it is ours. I'd be more inclined to say a prayer for him and his family.
Old 12-06-2007, 05:16 PM
skaliwag

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you do that (Name your Teddy Bear Norvell or Cox) I would Yell...."Off with His Head"
Old 12-06-2007, 06:26 PM
Raymond LeFlyr
My Feedback: (2)

So Steve, you think I'm some sort of raving lunatic!? Is that what's bothering you Bunky? Well, leave your funny hats and bruised knees behind, raise your head up and face the sky - and never, no never let anyone call your Teddy Bear "Cox"!!!

Jeeze! The nerve of some people.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:27 PM
OzMo
My Feedback: (3)

You guys need to unplug your Cool-Aid.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:47 PM
catracer343

ORIGINAL: skaliwag

Does any of us live near Tim, know where his shop is and can go by and check to see if he is OK?
I have to keep the dust off from them somehow...(My radios you pervs!)
Old 12-06-2007, 11:04 PM
catracer343

ORIGINAL: Digger-RCU

I want to order a few heads, but if it is pointless at this time, I will wait.

Any reports on performance?

Surely someone out there has one in hand to tell us how well they work on the 074.

("Yes someone does, but dont call me Shirley!")

Digger

Roger-Digger, surely we wont call you Shirley...we have clearance Clarance- I love that movie!
Old 12-06-2007, 11:16 PM
catracer343

ORIGINAL: skaliwag

I have to keep the dust off from them somehow...(My radios you pervs!)
Old 12-07-2007, 07:20 AM
flyinrog

ORIGINAL: BSARGE

ORIGINAL: flyinrog

I think he lives in Concord which is only about 20 mins from me...I met him last year at the reedie race, if someone can tell me where he lives, I would be glad to go check on him!!

-Bill
Tim Wiltse
1039 Castlerock Court
Concord,NC
Old 12-07-2007, 02:54 PM
Digger-RCU

I want to stress that this is not a TIM-centric post. Whether Tim is a good guy or not, whether he is alright or not is not the reason I posted.

I am keenly interested in keeping my 6 norvel 074's running. I do not do machining myself, and want to find a replacement head. If the one posted by Hypercolor is available and a quality product, I would love to have one.

Having said that, from the responses here it seems that:
- right now the head is not available.
- No-one here can comment on performance because no-one has one of these heads, or they have not run the engine with the head if they have one.

Do I have it right?

I am not trying to be harsh, but does anyone have any pertinant information about the head?

On a side note, I will comment concerning who is a good guy and who is not by saying that I have met in person a few of the folks on this board. Only a few. Without meeting people directly or having direct interaction with them, there is no way to tell from what is given to us on the internet. People on the internet are only words on a page until proven otherwise.

Does anyone remember this "Good Guy"

"Well, the $$$ is sitting in an envelope above my desk, I have been putzing around with designs for the back. Will probably keep the front the same, maybe change to colors to match the new grey shirts but not much else.

I have ordered the shirts and put down a deposit on the job....

but I would love to hear some ideas on the back side of the shirt. I am at work right now but when I get home Ill post some of the stuff ive drawn up.

|the prole|

AMA 776580 "

Old 12-07-2007, 03:46 PM
rainedave

Digger-RCU, I would also like to get some performance reports on .074 replacement heads. I only have one and sooner or later it's going to fry.

So, someone with some experience, please speak up.

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________

So, who was the Prole? His last post was 6/29/04. Was it Ryan Gadow?! I used to know him. I had him restore a '72 Custom Tele for me about four years ago. He did excellent guitar repairs. My office was a couple of hundred yards from his shop right next to Duke's campus. Or, was the Prole someone who worked for Ryan?

David
Old 12-07-2007, 04:19 PM
smoknDave

I'm interested in the Hypercolor 074 turbo heads as well. But, in the meantime I may try the buttons from here [link]http://www.mecoa.com/acc/adaptors/index.htm[/link]. Hopefully it will at least keep me running...

Dave
Old 12-07-2007, 06:34 PM
flyinrog

I want to stress that this is not a TIM-centric post. Whether Tim is a good guy or not, whether he is alright or not is not the reason I posted.

I am keenly interested in keeping my 6 norvel 074's running. I do not do machining myself, and want to find a replacement head. If the one posted by Hypercolor is available and a quality product, I would love to have one.

Having said that, from the responses here it seems that:
- right now the head is not available.
- No-one here can comment on performance because no-one has one of these heads, or they have not run the engine with the head if they have one.

Do I have it right?

I am not trying to be harsh, but does anyone have any pertinant information about the head?

On a side note, I will comment concerning who is a good guy and who is not by saying that I have met in person a few of the folks on this board. Only a few. Without meeting people directly or having direct interaction with them, there is no way to tell from what is given to us on the internet. People on the internet are only words on a page until proven otherwise.

Does anyone remember this "Good Guy"

"Well, the $$$ is sitting in an envelope above my desk, I have been putzing around with designs for the back. Will probably keep the front the same, maybe change to colors to match the new grey shirts but not much else.

I have ordered the shirts and put down a deposit on the job....

but I would love to hear some ideas on the back side of the shirt. I am at work right now but when I get home Ill post some of the stuff ive drawn up.

|the prole|

AMA 776580 "

Prole was in a car accident, and was injured pretty badly, he sold all his rc stuff on the bay to help pay his medical bills...Rog
Old 12-07-2007, 07:32 PM
Digger-RCU

Prole promised to produce the t-shirts from the 2004 design contest. He received the money that we all sent him, and promptly got into the wind.

The quote I posted is the last time he communicated on this board.

ROG has been around this board for a long time, and I hold his word with a good degree of respect. But, car accident or no car accident, if Prole had the opportunity to sell his RC stuff, he had ample opportunity to came back to the board and explain the situation to the folks who sent him money and make things right.

Digger

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rainedave, if you get into a serious situation where you cant run your engine because of a total lack of a glow-plug, let me know, I will be able to help you out if the situation is dire, (Normally I would say that you can have my extra 074 glow-plug when you pry it from my cold dead fingers) But, you give lots of stuff to all of us in the form of designs and plans. If you need it, you let me know.

SmokinDave, I also have one of the glow plug buttons from MECOA on order. I dont really know what to expect, but I will post my findings here when it arrives.
Old 12-08-2007, 01:07 AM
gws1
My Feedback: (13)

Digger,
I know there was a thread in June that we talked about this. I made a turbo plug head for the .074 with my lathe at that time. I've included a couple of pics of it. It was my first and only try at it. The results were pretty good. The stock Norvel head and plug run a little stronger then my version, but I didn't work with it too much. I know I wrote more about it then and I don't remember too much about it now. I'm sure there needs to be more work done on the combustion chamber. Also I used the 1/4 inch 60 degree angle center drill to get the surface that the bottom of the turbo plug seals against. I've read that on the Nelson plug adapters they have that angle a degree or 2 off from the exact angle on the Nelson plug. Better seal that way apparently. I bought a few of the lite machines .074 engines, and they come without head or plug, so I will need to get this figured out to put them to use.

Greg

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88865.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	820822   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ok29082.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	820823   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91793.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	820824   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf12230.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	820825  
Old 12-08-2007, 08:33 AM
049flyer
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I ordered Norvel heads Sept 7th and have not heard a word since. Paid with Paypal.
Old 12-08-2007, 08:51 AM
flyinrog

Prole promised to produce the t-shirts from the 2004 design contest. He received the money that we all sent him, and promptly got into the wind.

The quote I posted is the last time he communicated on this board.

ROG has been around this board for a long time, and I hold his word with a good degree of respect. But, car accident or no car accident, if Prole had the opportunity to sell his RC stuff, he had ample opportunity to came back to the board and explain the situation to the folks who sent him money and make things right.

Digger

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rainedave, if you get into a serious situation where you cant run your engine because of a total lack of a glow-plug, let me know, I will be able to help you out if the situation is dire, (Normally I would say that you can have my extra 074 glow-plug when you pry it from my cold dead fingers) But, you give lots of stuff to all of us in the form of designs and plans. If you need it, you let me know.

SmokinDave, I also have one of the glow plug buttons from MECOA on order. I dont really know what to expect, but I will post my findings here when it arrives.
Digger, I didnt mean to sound as if I was defending Prole..just putting info out there , that there was a situation...I do know his medical bills were in the 5 figure range..still as you say, no excuse...Dave,,in 4 .074's that I have only lost one plug and that was on my LMH heli...I probably have an extra plug if you really need it...Dig let us know about the mecoa head...the 74 is such a sweet engine...it wasnt really that long ago that Tim started to make the .074 heads,,he came here and asked to borrow an engine to make the head and I offered him one of mine , but someone else lent him theirs...Rog

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.