Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

cheap fuel tanks

Old 07-22-2008, 11:28 PM
ebeneezer3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cheap fuel tanks

I am taking part in a medical study that has me drinking free fruit juice every day. The stuff comes in 8 ounce polyethelene bottles.
Thinking quickly, I found that Sullivan diesel conversion kit stoppers fit the bottle. I hate to throw these things away but I can use only so many fuel tanks and I get one a day.

I know thats some of the people on this site sometimes run larger than 1/2A aircraft. It would not be particularly cost effective to mail one somewhere. But I did think of Rog's do where several guys in the south east gather. If I mailed some to him, how many would be enough? Or is it worth doing?

Ted
Old 07-23-2008, 04:37 AM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: cheap fuel tanks

Nice of you to offer, if anyone chimes in I'll be happy to distribute, the smallest one I made was out of a visine bottle, I have a couple old metal ones that are much smaller than that...does any other kind of cap fit on it?,,Is it a snap on cap or screw on or just a foil cover?...Rog
Old 07-23-2008, 10:51 AM
KidEpoxy

oy,
I'm getting my Pollys mixed up again-
is that the Milk Jug plastic or the 2LiterSoda plastic?
Old 07-23-2008, 09:12 PM
ebeneezer3

Rog,

The bottle has a screw on cap. It's about 5" tall and 2 1/4" in diameter. I'm sure that the threads could be cut off and save 1/2 inch or so if need be. The Sullivan tanks just have an opening to stick the stopper into.

KE

These things are the 'milky cann't see thru it' kind of plastic.