Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Gorilla glue for foam wings advice

Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Gorilla glue for foam wings advice

Old 08-24-2010, 08:50 AM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Gorilla glue for foam wings advice

You're probably right, I was just thinking about the consequences of any residual is all.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:11 AM
Andrew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: MJD

You're probably right, I was just thinking about the consequences of any residual is all.
It was just a guess. However, down here where the humidity frequently is 90% or higher, I'm willing to try anything to extend the lifetime a little. Open a bottle once and the next time I try to use it, the top of the glue is hard - and I try to keep the exposure to an absolute minimum by capping as soon as it's applied.

BTW, I prefer ProBond too. I seems to be a little less viscous than Gorilla PU and spreads more easily.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:31 PM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If only it came in Ambroid tubes with no air required to displace material used.

Hmm..

Maybe the trick is to buy a can of nitrogen (for gas blanketing wine) from the liquor store, then purge and blanket the air space with that. [sm=50_50.gif]

Save one bottle of adhesive from an early demise and that would pretty much pay off.