Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Official Traxxas 1/16 Summit VXL

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 09:25 AM
SRVoodoo
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Traxxas 1/16 Summit VXL

Now I've got a broken rear A-arm & friggin' RPM doesn't make the replacement parts!!!!
have to go with the stock (****ty) Traxxas parts that will undoubtedly break again.
oh well bashing is fun!
Old 04-16-2011, 12:12 PM
Krazy Chicken

didn't look that hard?

http://www.rpmrcproducts.com/products/traxxas/16th.htm
Old 04-16-2011, 07:29 PM
SRVoodoo

thanks but that link has nothing to do with
RPM a-arms for the REAR of the 1/16th Summit VXL
...only the erevo.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:03 PM
dacaur

ORIGINAL: SRVoodoo

thanks but that link has nothing to do with
RPM a-arms for the REAR of the 1/16th Summit VXL
...only the erevo.
They are the same part... Well, the traxxas summit arms give it a 10mm longer wheelbase than an e-revo, but you can swap the summit arms directly to the e-revo so it stands to reason you can swap the e-revo arms onto the summit.... especially considering both vehicles use the same bulkheads...
Old 05-08-2011, 07:41 PM
Jefferson1964

well I couldnt decide the 1/16 revo or summit so ordered both, ive got the 1/10 summit, revo and tmaxx but sure i will enjoy this more compact size for easy carrying to parks, camping etc...and the speed in these is amazing....cya on the field........
Old 05-26-2011, 07:50 PM
hound54

I LOVE MY NEW SUMMIT!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-26-2011, 11:50 PM
moezer

hey guys, i picked one up today but there is something messed up about my summit

The problems im having are.

When i charged the battery i put it in to test the truck out, i was doing rounds in my basement all of a sudden when i trun and i press the throttel the truck dead stops and the motor just beeps. I looked at my remote and i saw that the throttel trim was all the way to the left so i centered it and tryed the truck around a bit and it jerked once and then was normal then i stoped paying to it.

I charged the 2 batts that i got on the side and put them in the truck in a sires connection and i held the truck in the hand and gave it slow to open throttel and the truck cuts out at open throttel im using 2 duratrax 1600 batts its funny how it cuts out tho, its at full speed then its like vum vum vum vum but still going at full speed it acts as if the power is getting cut off from the engine then it connectes again bit does it really fast.

what could my problem be?

could it be doing that cuz i was holding it in my hand and not having weight on it?
Old 05-30-2011, 09:06 AM
Rcforme...

Problem 1. Well known 1/16 Summit ESC problem, go to the LHS, demonstrate it and they will return it to TRAXXAS and you'll get a new one for free.

Problem 2. That is a speed limiter on the ESC, nothing to worry about.
Old 05-30-2011, 10:59 AM
moezer

ORIGINAL: Rcforme...

Problem 1. Well known 1/16 Summit ESC problem, go to the LHS, demonstrate it and they will return it to TRAXXAS and you'll get a new one for free.

Problem 2. That is a speed limiter on the ESC, nothing to worry about.
ok problem 2 is out the window the truck still sometimes dead stops as if it brakes on its own i then have to let go of the throttel and press it again to work is this a esc problem?
Old 05-30-2011, 11:09 AM
Rcforme...

Yup, that's prob 1. I don't know why, but this only seems to happen at the Summit's.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:16 AM
SRVoodoo

My mini summit had a bad ESC which was replaced under factory warranty.
Just go to where you bought it & see if they'll swap one out for you.
That's what I did & now she runs great!
...just remember to upgrade to the RPM A-arms & regular E-revo 1/16 driveshafts!!!
You'll thank yourself after your next bash session!!!
Rock on!
\m/
Old 06-01-2011, 07:47 AM
Rcforme...

Oh yeah, forgot to post. I've got a 'SUMV'. I like it, except for four things: 
1. The A-arms, I broke two stockers doing a cartwheel at 10 MP/H. I have RPM's now. 

2. The battery, bleh, I hate those (Under)Power(ed) Cell batteries. I've got a custom 9.6V pack from www.promatchracing.com. Now it's fun, it goes 35+ MP/H now. 

3. The axles, I broke mine just from accelerating. Waiting on some MERV axles now. 

4. The rear shock mount, mine teared apart doing small jumps. I'm waiting on an aluminum version of it (no Integy!), I don't see aluminum tearing that easy. 

The motor also likes to get warm, so I've ordered an aluminum heatsink with fan.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:13 PM
getta grip racing

New to Hobbie. I just came in from using my new 1/16 summit. Its awesome.  I have 5 acres and goes everywhere.  I would like to put street tire on it too. Any suggestion.  Any weak polint on the truck that I should watch out for?  Who has the best light kit.  Is there a class to race this truck?
Thanks,
Old 07-21-2011, 06:39 PM
getta grip racing

New to Hobby. Just came in from driving my new summit vx..  I have 5 acres and it handle all the property with no problem.  I would like to put street tire on it.   Any recommendations. Any weak points that I should look for. What is the best light kit for it. Is there a race class for it.
Thank you for any suggestions.

Old 07-25-2011, 07:27 PM
getta grip racing

Thanks for the help Rcforme, At times I would like to put street tires i them at time. Any tires for my needs? Is there any other body I can put on it that looks more like a race truck?

Old 07-25-2011, 08:58 PM
Rcforme...

I would buy some MERV rockers, Pro Line Road Rage tires on Titus 1.9 beadlock wheels and a 22t pinion. If you also want it to look like a street truck, you should remove the stock body and posts, remove the stock rear bumper and mount, remove the stock front bumper (don't remove the mount) and buy a MERV wing mount, wing, front bumper, rear bumper, body posts and body.
Old 09-24-2011, 07:24 PM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

Hey guys, I just read this whole thread and I'm just about to go get two of these. I was looking at the new HPI Flux XS but I think I like this better. The two main reasions I like the 1/16 Summit better is because it's a little older and a lot of after market parts are already out, and I like the looks better. Does anyone know if it has a wider and taller stance than the Flux XS?
Why does this thread end here?? is there another thread that I don't know about?
Old 09-25-2011, 05:39 AM
thehuntingterminator

i don't know the exact meaurements, but no the Savage is taller and wider becuase its 1/12th scale. if your gonna get 2, then just get 1 mini Summit and 1 Flux. thats my opinion.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:05 AM
Wheelnut

ORIGINAL: thehuntingterminator

i don't know the exact meaurements, but no the Savage is taller and wider becuase its 1/12th scale. if your gonna get 2, then just get 1 mini Summit and 1 Flux. thats my opinion.
Thanks for the info.
Usually I get two identical trucks so it's more fair when my son and I bash/race around. I do however like the idea of getting both so we can have fun with the different experiences. There are ups and downs for doing it either way. I will have to give this some more serious thought and research. It would probably be best to wait for HPI to work out the bugs also. Not that there are many bugs, but still it is pretty new.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:18 AM
thehuntingterminator

here are reviews of both by the same knowledgable guy:
Flux: www.youtube.com/watch
1/16 Summit:www.youtube.com/watch
Old 09-25-2011, 07:24 AM
SRVoodoo

imho...the mini eRevo is alot more fun because of it's lower center of gravity.
my mini summit rolls over alot & the huge wheels on it keep breaking my driveshafts.
not a bad little truck but i have a better time bashing with the mini eRevo

Old 09-25-2011, 07:28 AM
thehuntingterminator

yeah i've heard the mini Summit flips alot! but the driveshaft problem can always be fixed by upgrading them to aftermarket stuff.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:18 AM
Wheelnut

ORIGINAL: thehuntingterminator

here are reviews of both by the same knowledgable guy:
Flux: www.youtube.com/watch
1/16 Summit: www.youtube.com/watch
Thanks very much for the post. VERY good reviews.
The first thing I learned was that the Flux XS has a full 540 size brushless motor and the 1/16 Summit has a smaller 380 size brushless motor. The Flux XS looks faster. But as the guy said in the video, it's a good bit harder to work on. Like having to cut the wheel hexes to replace the shaft.
I'm the type of driver that likes more ground clearance and will sacrifice a little stability for it. But I really don't like the fact that the Summit has a smaller motor. That means it will wear out faster because it's having to work harder. It also has a smaller size steering servo which is not good for a truck with big wheels like that.
Man this is a tough one for me. [:@] but I am leaning towards the 1/16 Summit
Old 09-25-2011, 08:23 AM
thehuntingterminator

well, thats what's good about the Flux. it uses normal 1/10 scale electronics so they are very easy to upgrade/replace. but even though the Summit uses a 380 size motor, it still has more than enough power. on 3s, enough to do standing backflips i've heard, so i wouldn't let that scare you away. honestly, i'm a huge Traxxas fan, but if your gonna bash hard, then the Flux is gonna hold up. the Summit may too, but probably will be a little more fragile and harder to upgrade due to mini size electronics.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:49 AM
Wheelnut

Thanks again for the quick and nice replies.
So I guess I have one question. Does the Summit motor get on the hot side when running on 2s? I will be only running on 2s and just moderately hard.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.