Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

RC18R problem

Old 08-28-2012, 09:14 AM
racerxcali

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC18R problem

Since i changed over to the new radio system GT-3B I put it in a 1/18th Associated 18r with there stock micro esc and it will go out of control move a 1/2in studder then do it again any one else having problems with this System ???

i put a new esc they said was the problem $50.00 and a new receiver in and a recharged a cpl nimh full Batts reprogrammed esc and radio here's what it doing anyone else please tell me your thoughts ???

so whats causing it now ???
http://www.rcdiscuss.com/showthread....ering&p=330200
http://www.rcdiscuss.com/showthread....ering&p=330200

Old 08-28-2012, 09:40 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: RC18R problem

I changed your title to something less confusing for others, since this isn't a review.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:54 AM
Foxy

I hate to say it, cos you will then have replaced everything, but I think the motor is shot. Do you have access to another motor just to try? From a friend, another vehicle or a local hobby shop? Don't buy a motor until you're sure, find one just to try.

Come to think of it, there's an easy test, can you not put the AM system back in? If it works fine, then the motor and esc are ok.
Old 08-28-2012, 05:05 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: Foxy

I hate to say it, cos you will then have replaced everything, but I think the motor is shot. Do you have access to another motor just to try? From a friend, another vehicle or a local hobby shop? Don't buy a motor until you're sure, find one just to try.

Come to think of it, there's an easy test, can you not put the AM system back in? If it works fine, then the motor and esc are ok.
could also just plug the wires from the motor directly to the battery to see if that is the issue
looking at that other forum he linked I don't know WHY no one suggested that even associated.