Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: OFFICIAL TRAXXAS RALLY VXL THREAD!!!!!

Thanks for the info. My wife has it hiding until xmas, wish shed let me size up tires haha.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm at the office so I don't know specific measurements, but just take a ruler with you and go down to your local hobby shop and measure the outside diameter on one of the wheels. Then just use that as your reference when considering others. They are 0-degrees offset, which is pretty standard, so other than that you just need to do some looking so you can have so goodies hidden away from yourself and wrapped up under the tree with a "FromSanta" tag on them so you are all set up on Xmas morning.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: brianjskora

Thanks for the info. My wife has it hiding until xmas, wish shed let me size up tires haha.
    That is to long of a wait to get to play with it....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Skora,

I agree with them, that's way too long to wait to play with the rally. As for tires/wheels that fit; Robbie is right - anything 12mm hex with comparable tire width and diamter will do fine. I sold my dettas, so know way to tell, but I still have my foam racing tires, which, due to the offset stick out just a tad - they look sweet!

I'm going to look for some BBS style rims or Enkie rims to put on the rally. The stock rims look similar to BBS, but there's alot of sweet looking rims out there.

Joe
    I reject your reality and substitute my own - Adam Savage

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i cant wait to see one hit triple digits!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Guru,

It can happen, but probably not with the VXL motor. May have to install the tenbol motor mount and slap a bigger brushless motor with a high KV. Gear it High and run it on a smooth surface/pavement. It will hit 100, I've seen 1/18 scales on you tube supposedly hit the mark, unless it's forged.

I think my goal will be able to hit 60 to 70 on a straighaway, but not any faster. I'm not sure its really needed in this little car, and not too many tracks allow for speeds higher than 50, i'm told. Though, we're all men who are attracted to big b00bs, beer, & fast cars... so, someone's gonna keep trying to go faster and faster.

Speaking of going fast, I gave another speed run with the 3S lipos, i don't think its quite hitting 50, though, I never changed the pinion (bad on me right ) and it probably would take me running 2 x 2S lipos in series. The two stock Nihms in series is what they say gets you to speeds of 50... based on the volts, 2 x 2S lipos would be a shy more than 2 x Nihms. I know the VXL motor can handle 4S, i've done in the MERV with a different ESC (Castle Mamba Max) But i've never run 4S on the stock VXL 3M ESC. We'll see though.

Oh, i ran the Foam Racing tires... Grip great, too much actually! I flipped it over into a nice 3 to 4 tumble roll! Uh-Oh i'm thinking... But wait, it IS A MINI E-REVO, right??? Yep, survived just fine, and the car always landed back on its wheels, but now my precious body looks like it ran 50 laps at Martinsville

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: J0EC00L

Skora,

I agree with them, that's way too long to wait to play with the rally. As for tires/wheels that fit; Robbie is right - anything 12mm hex with comparable tire width and diamter will do fine. I sold my dettas, so know way to tell, but I still have my foam racing tires, which, due to the offset stick out just a tad - they look sweet!

I'm going to look for some BBS style rims or Enkie rims to put on the rally. The stock rims look similar to BBS, but there's alot of sweet looking rims out there.

Joe
    HPIs will look cool
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jh17020.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	1523182  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Awesome! I like those rims. Skora, I should have kept a set of the duratrax road rims and tires. Do you have an extra set by chance?

I may have to order some from eBay or something similar online.

Joe

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That fiesta body is something else [:'(]
    "Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results."
    Slash 1/16 - DB-01 - TT-01 - RC18B and a Super Cub!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

its pretty ugly, but did u see that 550 motor under the hood? that almost makes me want to buy one
    this is not \"Bring Your Problems to Work\" Day. This is just \"Work\" Day. -scrubs
    www.youtube.com/user/hasek1616

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Almost.. I already have a traxxas mini. To bad a season pass to bear has put me back a little bit. It will be worth it come thanksgiving. But really I dont think this can handle the roads around here. They are horrid.
    "Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results."

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Saw this photo posted on another forum of othertires possibilities for the Rally, all mounted on standard TCrims- allowing one to have something "more viable," than the stock plasticized tires,whether they plan on running on pavement or in the dirt. Always good to have "options".

Name:	Qo39184.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	1524402  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The upside to getting the 1/16 Fiesta is that it would have the big block mount, since it comes with the Titan 550 motor. Meaning you could later install a nice 1/10 Mamba system or whatever. And it's $100 cheaper than the VXL/2.4ghz version.
    Axial Wraith, SCX10 Rubicon and Twin Hammers Buggy.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Downside would be that it'd have even more power, and it doesn't need whattheVXLalready has.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

YEah, I can see that being the upside if someone didn't want to go with the VXL system in the first place; however, if that were the true case, you could always purchase the VXL system, sell the Motor and ESC for approx 125 and then use that towards your motor upgrade system. I have the tenbol motor mount for the 1/16 traxxas R/C's. I plan on installing a bigger motor in the MERV if i come across a decent deal on a 1/10 brushless motor. MY only hesitation is which KV to go with? Do i stick around the 5000 range or go higher into the 7 or 8 range? I know the ESC - MMP, can hanlde the bigger cans, since they are specifically designed for that market.

I actually like the VXL system for a stock racer... I don't drag race my RC's like some people do nowadays. If that were the case, I'd probably stick with a 1/10 scale R/C and stuff a Big motor and 6S Lipo in it and let it ripppppppp.

I have some rims and tires coming in, so i'll let ya'll know how they fit and perform on the rally.

Joe

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Check this out.............

Found the following information on RC Car Action

Traxxas brought their Ken Block Gymkhana car to iHobby to show to select dealers and distributors, and photos have since leaked to the web. Expect the car to be based on the 1/16 Rally VXL, with brushless power and a 2.4GHz radio system. According to Traxxas, the car is set to make its official debut at the SEMA show November 2 - 5. RC Car Action will be there, we’ll get you the scoop from the show.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ugh - after all the "monster energy specific paintjobs" seemingly everybody on the planet did when the slash came out I'm SOoooooo over the paint scheme. I saw spy pics on another forum that, inaddition to the green rims, they'll have some gawd-awful color coordinated pushrods as well.
    Otherwise, the car will by like all the other VXL Rallys.

I wish they came with clear bodies, as an option.

Name:	jh14819.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	1524452  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I see Amainhobbies and probably others have the 1/16 Traxxas Fiesta and Mustang 302 available for pre-orders. But man this Fiesta is even uglier!

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...cer-w-AM-Radio

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...y-Wall-Charger

I am looking to eventually go with a big block setup in one of my Mervs or in a future Rally build. Haven't decided yet.

Name:	Wu61235.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	14.7 KB 
ID:	1524488  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: gforce2448

I see Amainhobbies and probably others have the 1/16 Traxxas Fiesta and Mustang 302 available for pre-orders. But man this Fiesta is even uglier!

Baby-poop green !

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Bread makes me pooooop. - special Ed

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

All bodys on this car are going to look smashed [:'(]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Everyone is going to be waiting for someone to make some clear aftermarket bodies!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

There are some bodies out there that will fit, you just have to search for them. I thought there was a mini cooper that was designed for the Mini kyosho.

There are many possibilities with the rally that aftrmarket companies can jump on board with. Here's some ideas: VW Golf and VW Beetle, Audi Quattro T, Cvic Si Hatchback, Subaru Outback rally and WRX, Mitsubishi Evo, BMW M roadster.

I'm Trying to picture cars that have either hatchbacks or high back ends to them.

The possibilities are endless now, they just won't be available until Traxxas starts selling more of these rally's

Joe

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It looks like the toyz has a clear fiesta body in stock

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: J0EC00L

There are some bodies out there that will fit, you just have to search for them. I thought there was a mini cooper that was designed for the Mini kyosho.

There are many possibilities with the rally that aftrmarket companies can jump on board with. Here's some ideas: VW Golf and VW Beetle, Audi Quattro T, Cvic Si Hatchback, Subaru Outback rally and WRX, Mitsubishi Evo, BMW M roadster.

I'm Trying to picture cars that have either hatchbacks or high back ends to them.

The possibilities are endless now, they just won't be available until Traxxas starts selling more of these rally's

Joe

Precisely - the aftermarket parts industry doesn't make goodies and doo-dads and whatnots (and bodies) for cars that don't sell, and that's why I've been telling everyone "put your money where your mouth is, buy a car and the parts will come."

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast