Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > 1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars
Reload this Page >

1/16 Traxxas Slash vs 1/18 Duratrax Vendetta Sc vs 1/18 Associated Sc18 vs 1/16 Losi Mini SCT

1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum
View Poll Results: A poll
1/16 Traxxas Slash
43.24%
1/16 Losi Mini SCT
5.41%
1/18 Associated Sc18
21.62%
1/18 Duratrax Vendetta Sc
29.73%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

1/16 Traxxas Slash vs 1/18 Duratrax Vendetta Sc vs 1/18 Associated Sc18 vs 1/16 Losi Mini SCT

Old 11-19-2010, 06:19 PM
Radiner

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default 1/16 Traxxas Slash vs 1/18 Duratrax Vendetta Sc vs 1/18 Associated Sc18 vs 1/16 Losi Mini SCT

I really love mini scales Rc truck. Now, which in these 4 do YOU think is better then the other and tell me why?
Old 11-20-2010, 12:49 AM
burnineyes

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: 1/16 Traxxas Slash vs 1/18 Duratrax Vendetta Sc vs 1/18 Associated Sc18 vs 1/16 Losi Mini SCT

I didnt vote because these trucks all have different strengths and weaknesses. I have not played with the Losi so any opinions are based on the other three.
The Slash is big and tough as nails, but on a tight track or with good traction it will suffer big time compared to the others. In open bashing sessions or on a larger track the SLash will easily handle the other two trucks. With the heavier weight, upgrade parts are more expensive.

The SC18 is not very good off road, but with a set of street tires and a body you have an RC18R2. Other mods are cheap and readily available to make it handle better off-road, but it will never be as good on larger bumps and track imperfections as a larger size truck would. For a small smooth track though it would easily take the Slash, and should have an edge up on the Detta. Upgrade and replacement parts are very cheap compared with the other trucks.

My favorite of these three is the Vendetta SC. Not quite as smooth as the big truck on a big track, and not quite as nimble on a tight track as the little SC18. But for everything else in between it is the perfect size I think. Replacement parts are pretty cheap, but upgrade parts can be a bit steep, luckily it does not need many upgrades.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:44 PM
mercerbeef

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: 1/16 Traxxas Slash vs 1/18 Duratrax Vendetta Sc vs 1/18 Associated Sc18 vs 1/16 Losi Mini SCT

I race the rtr vendetta in an open class against revos and slashs, vxl and brushed, and do pretty good. we race on carpet with a few jumps. and the only problem I've had was the motor getting hot after 5min and the esc thermaling during the summer. its fine now that its colder out. The slashs run good on carpet, awesome traction until the tires wear a little. we use the slashs for the rental class. as for the sc18 I've never seen one run. i've only seen the older 18r and 18t/18b run at a different track a few years ago, and they looked good.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:59 AM
Kloft

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I voted for the Losi because it has the coolest body and best scale look. Also, the stock electronics on the mini sct are really good. Oh ya and the price is great!
Old 12-25-2010, 05:14 AM
RCTHANG

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i chose the sc18 brushless because for 200 bucks to your door its a great sc thats completly designed after theese trucks it has a great brushless motor and it can be set up for off road or on road depending the body set up i heard these run pretty well with lipo i just bought one today and havent got it yet i can post once i better know and run the truck.

Old 01-23-2011, 10:31 AM
rickcallender

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I own duratrax vendetta sc, I put mini slash motor and esc,cvds,ball diffs. Now its dependable. The mini slash and sc18 can't keep up, vendetta sc it superior in handling. The stock motor is very fast, but only last 20 to 30 runs.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:16 PM
john01374

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Voted for the Slash. I've owned the Vendetta and the Slash. I have not had the SC18 or Losi Mini SCT but I have seen a few of them run.

My decision was based on strength. The Slash is just a tough little truck. I've run a hundred or so packs through it and it's still as good today as when i bought it. The Detta on the other hand was in bad shape after 3 packs. The front diff was making a ton of noise and a ton of parts where showing premature wear. I felt it should have lasted longer.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:07 PM
gokemidoro

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

heheh!

I just ordered an Associated brushless 18SC today. Got on-road wheels and an RJ Speed Stinger body.

Going to set it up for on-road to look like a roadrace truck.

I've had Losi minis (bulletproofed) and Associated 18R's (VERYbulletproof, no mods), but can't fault Traxxas, as I've had their 1/10th scale stuff, and it was very durable, also. Duratrax, I've never had, but the stress-tech guarantee is a good one, from what I can see, and their price point is hard to pass up, but I still prefer Associated.

When I get the little roadracer finished, I'll post a link to pics here, at RCU!