Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Miniquake gets new shoes and goes BL

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 02:09 PM
Mike St.Clair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Miniquake gets new shoes and goes BL

Thanks to Gozilla!! I finally ordered a Hobbywing/Turnigy 35A esc from Hobbypartz and the program card. I'll be using the Hyperion Y22L-5000 with my nimh packs for now. I'll try my 12T pinion, but I definitely will need some smaller tires, probably buy some more of the original tires/wheels as these big ones don't do well on pavement for obvious reasons. Ithought Ihad a bent cvd and let it sit for quite a while until IrealizedI had a couple of wheel screws that were too long causing the cvd to bind when it hit it. Next will be a lipo charger to see how a 2S performs! Hopefully I'll keep it in one piece and find a better place to try it out. I also recently installed a ball diff in the rear and small bearings in the steering shafts. Upgraded to a Duratrax 7550 esc which is eons better than that stock pos.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu62308.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	168.8 KB
ID:	1528861   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu65869.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	216.8 KB
ID:	1528862  
Old 12-09-2010, 06:24 PM
Mike St.Clair

Default RE: Miniquake gets new shoes and goes BL

Just received my Hobbywing 35A esc and program card from Hobbypartz. Time to get it together this weekend!!! Looking forward to seeing the difference.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:54 AM
mc4798
My Feedback: (8)

ORIGINAL: Mike St.Clair

Just received my Hobbywing 35A esc and program card from Hobbypartz. Time to get it together this weekend!!! Looking forward to seeing the difference.
So how did it go ?

Get any video of it ?
Old 12-20-2010, 07:39 AM
Mike St.Clair

I suck. Istill need a male dean's to get it going and my work hours make it tough to get to the LHS. I may just order it along with some other stuff today. I definitely know Ineed some of the OEtires and wheels as these big ones aren't good on pavement, duh, like they would be.

Old 12-20-2010, 09:41 AM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

I have a mini quake as well. I have owned it since 2003. It is my longest running RC. It is a good platform for sure. Glad to see you are enjoying yours!

Old 12-20-2010, 09:47 AM
Mike St.Clair

OMG, that is one sweet body!! Where did you get that? Yea, I've had mine forever. I have replaced some control arms, etc, but what car wouldn't in a parking lot with curbs! You have the same tires I'm running.. Love that body!!

Old 12-20-2010, 10:52 AM
Dale Gribble

HPI used to have a platform called the Micro RS4. The body was made by HPI Racing for that platform. They also made a really cool Durango body too-

My MQ still has the upgraded 380, stock ESC and stock servo still... It has Al axleshafts, custom shock towers for Mini LST shocks, DTX Al knuckles and a few more odds and ends.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:12 AM
Mike St.Clair

Yea, the VR3 motor is awesome. We'll see how the Hyperion BL motor compares soon. Another cool body. Are those bodies still available?
How much better is it with the single shock setup and are those towers available?
Old 12-20-2010, 01:34 PM
Dale Gribble

The bodies are not available anymore. Best you can do is search for micro rs4 bodies on eBay. I think some Losi 1/18 crawler bodies will fit it probably though.

I hate the Duratrax shocks. There are 8 of them, they leak easily and they do an average job at best. The Mini LST shocks are the opposite. Plenty of damping, easier to work on and they don't leak. I made the shock towers out of some spare aluminum. Here is a picture.