Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

tamiya tamtech gb01 ?

hey guys a friend wants to know if this car has good handling compared to a 4wd. He want the tamtech gb01 frog but is not sure if the 2wd will just spin every time he makes a small mistake or will be nice and forgiving like my 1/10 df02. how do RWD minitamiyas handle,i never driven one? can somone explain to me how they are driven, how forgiving they are?
    Keep in mind this car is for a newb and if u have to bea experienced driver to keep it straight this might not be for him. He wants to drives on concrete, tarmac, tiles, gravel, dirt.
    thanks
    Thunder Tiger MT4 G3- Tamiya TA06 Pro

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: tamiya tamtech gb01 ?

Stock motor is slow and stock suspension is very bouncy. Compact but bigger than the typical 1/18 mini. Drives similar to a 1/10 stadium truck with lots of understeer or push. Stock form keep it to the driveway or paved street.

Fun little car once upgraded to a brushless motor and oil-filled shocks. With these upgrades it runs good out on a street or dirt/gravel road, but the size plus the 2WD makes it difficult to handle off-road. Wheel/tire selection is limited. Differential is a bit weak

At this point I would be concerned about parts availability because I don't think this was a very popular buggy...too bad though because it is a nice kit and is fun to run with a few upgrades.
    Savage Flux 2200Kv | E-Savage Trophy Truck 3100Kv | EX-1 Buggy 2200Kv | E-Firestorm Baja Bug 5700Kv | GB-01 Buggy 5400Kv

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

how about the associated rc18b? how is the parts avalibilty in thi car? Good on gravel? People said its fast.
    Thanks for the help
    Thunder Tiger MT4 G3- Tamiya TA06 Pro

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The tamtech is really nice. Durable, but hard to handle with a fast motor. From what iv heard the rc18 is a nice car, its probly better handling then the tamiya but not as strong. Muchhobby.com has a lot of tamtech parts. More then ul need.