1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

tamiya tamtech gb01 ?

Old 12-03-2010, 09:35 PM
Haddi Taha

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default tamiya tamtech gb01 ?

hey guys a friend wants to know if this car has good handling compared to a 4wd. He want the tamtech gb01 frog but is not sure if the 2wd will just spin every time he makes a small mistake or will be nice and forgiving like my 1/10 df02. how do RWD minitamiyas handle,i never driven one? can somone explain to me how they are driven, how forgiving they are?
Keep in mind this car is for a newb and if u have to bea experienced driver to keep it straight this might not be for him. He wants to drives on concrete, tarmac, tiles, gravel, dirt.
thanks
Old 12-04-2010, 01:25 AM
DARKWAV

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: tamiya tamtech gb01 ?

Stock motor is slow and stock suspension is very bouncy. Compact but bigger than the typical 1/18 mini. Drives similar to a 1/10 stadium truck with lots of understeer or push. Stock form keep it to the driveway or paved street.

Fun little car once upgraded to a brushless motor and oil-filled shocks. With these upgrades it runs good out on a street or dirt/gravel road, but the size plus the 2WD makes it difficult to handle off-road. Wheel/tire selection is limited. Differential is a bit weak

At this point I would be concerned about parts availability because I don't think this was a very popular buggy...too bad though because it is a nice kit and is fun to run with a few upgrades.
Old 12-04-2010, 01:24 PM
Haddi Taha

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

how about the associated rc18b? how is the parts avalibilty in thi car? Good on gravel? People said its fast.
Thanks for the help
Old 12-08-2010, 01:56 PM
FeoTT

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The tamtech is really nice. Durable, but hard to handle with a fast motor. From what iv heard the rc18 is a nice car, its probly better handling then the tamiya but not as strong. Muchhobby.com has a lot of tamtech parts. More then ul need.

Search this Thread