Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > 1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars
Reload this Page >

Associated RC18T2 or DuraTrax 1/18 Vendetta ST

Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Associated RC18T2 or DuraTrax 1/18 Vendetta ST

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 02:51 AM
kamipalms

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Associated RC18T2 or DuraTrax 1/18 Vendetta ST

Hi all,
Looking for some advice on what to buy.
I'm looking at either the Duratrax 1/18 Vendetta ST or the Associted RC18T2. Looing to buy 5 of these for the family so what would you guys recomend ?
The Duratrax or the Associated....
Asshttp://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXZXU4WW&P= www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p

www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p

ociated RC18T2 or DuraTrax 1/18 Vendetta STA aaaggggssociated RC18T2 or DuraTrax 1/18 Vendetta STD
DuraTrax 1/18 Vendetta STuraTrax 1/18 Vendetta ST
Old 12-14-2010, 11:08 AM
Raguvian

Default RE: Associated RC18T2 or DuraTrax 1/18 Vendetta ST

I would go with the T2. They seem to be really nice, plus with the 2.4GHZ system, your family could run all 5 at once and not worry about interfering with bands.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:48 AM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

How and where do you intend to run them? These platforms are both super on carpet tracks, pavement, asphalt or tame offroad terrain. Neither one will suffice in a moderate offroad environment (e.g. bmx track) or in grass. They just don't have the suspension for moderate off road activity or the clearance for grass. Each truck has its pros and cons. The 2.4GHz radio is a big deal in the Associated, but the Vendetta is a more robust platform with shaft drive (Associated has more complex 2 belt system) and a standard steering servo. The shocks are bigger and the Vendetta is just easier to work in IMO.

I apologize if I am overstepping here, but If I was going to go for a five pack of family fun, I would consider a larger 1/10 scale entry design (less complex and stronger)? I would get a few Traxxas Stampedes @ 184/ea (http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=LXNJJ0**&P=ML) or a few Traxxas Rustlers @ 184/ea (http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=LXNJH9**&P=ML), or a few HPI Brama 10Bs @ 175(http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXVZB2&P=SM) or any combination of the above. Maybe get each family member their own model.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:31 PM
burnineyes

I agree that they both have their pros and cons. I would suggest the Associated because replacement parts and upgrade parts are very cheap compared to Duratrax's, and they both will need a few upgrades within the first few hours of running. But running in rougher terrain the Detta is certainly bigger and better, and the Associated is more challenging to work on.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:08 PM
Mike St.Clair

I just looked at the AE cars on Tower and they're $200 with brushless and 2.4g, but they're belt driven. Not a fan of that and I've read quite a bit of issues in that system. I'm sure they can be modified though. You can get the Duratrax SC with 2.4g for $129 less $20 if you're a member. That leaves plenty of money for an EZrun bl setup. You are right about AE's parts being cheaper and more widely available though. I just bought my son a Detta SC and am considering one for myself as well. Until they drop the Detta ST dramatically, I wouldn't be interested in it.