Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

losi 1/24 scale sct 4wd lipo batts

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 07:42 PM
Aircraftfreak15

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default losi 1/24 scale sct 4wd lipo batts

wondering if anyone knows if there are any other lipos than the horizon ones that will work in the cars cus a 45$ for one there is no way iam buying one. I know of some on hobbyking 350 mha dose any one know how thouse work? ther only 3$
Old 01-10-2011, 10:13 PM
Aircraftfreak15

Default RE: losi 1/24 scale sct 4wd lipo batts

here is a link to a 350 mha and a 250 mha thunderpower battery i just found.

http://www.cheapbatterypacks.com/?ap...733&bc_menuid=

http://www.cheapbatterypacks.com/?ap...733&bc_menuid=

here is the link to the hobbyking battery

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...idProduct=9028

wich would you guys recomend if any? any one plz help me here.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:37 AM
BuzzBomber
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't find a link for which Losi battery you are referring to, but I think I know where part of the inflated price comes from. If it is configured the same as the 180mah and 300mah 2S batteries Losi sells for the 1/36 trucks, it has an integrated low voltage cutoff (LVC). If you are not used to running LiPo without a cutoff or not careful about watching runtime to avoid over draining the pack, the cutoff is worth the extra money.

FWIW, I've been using LiPos since before any ESC came with a LVC, so I had to learn how to look for the voltage drop on my own to avoid killing packs. Based on my experience with lipos in general, and the two vendors listed, I would probably go with the 350mah TP pack; it's pretty close to the dimensions of a 1/2 AAA double stick pack. Just be careful not to over-discharge it. HobbyKing has been hit or miss for me, and the shipping cost often kills any real savings. OTOH, CheapBatteryPacks has been good to me over the past few years.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:41 PM
Aircraftfreak15

ok yea hobby king dose kill your saving with the shiping. i think ill go with the tp batts. I have lipos in all my planes so i hvae an idea when lipos are about to go i usaly land before the lvc becaus when the lvc starts the planes rarly have enuph power to fly with out a stall. Iam going to only run the batts for around 10 maby 15 min or when the lack in power comes if there is going to be one. thanks for the help.

and this is the link to the HH sugested lipo.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=LOSB9825
Old 01-18-2011, 07:17 AM
Allistair

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: BuzzBomber

I can't find a link for which Losi battery you are referring to, but I think I know where part of the inflated price comes from. If it is configured the same as the 180mah and 300mah 2S batteries Losi sells for the 1/36 trucks, it has an integrated low voltage cutoff (LVC). If you are not used to running LiPo without a cutoff or not careful about watching runtime to avoid over draining the pack, the cutoff is worth the extra money.

FWIW, I've been using LiPos since before any ESC came with a LVC, so I had to learn how to look for the voltage drop on my own to avoid killing packs. Based on my experience with lipos in general, and the two vendors listed, I would probably go with the 350mah TP pack; it's pretty close to the dimensions of a 1/2 AAA double stick pack. Just be careful not to over-discharge it. HobbyKing has been hit or miss for me, and the shipping cost often kills any real savings. OTOH, CheapBatteryPacks has been good to me over the past few years.
You can buy a cheap ($4) Low volt alarm off Ebay. They hook into the balance plug and an alarm sounds and lights flash red when the battery gets to a certain point.
I use one on my Brushless Mini T and it works great. The alarm is loud enough that you can hear it from the other side of the parking lot.

I use Velcro to hold it on the RC and it can be moved from car to car. A great, inexpensive way to help protect your batteries.
cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Low-Voltage-Buzzer-2s-3s-4s-Lipo-Battery-Alarm-/180582306356
Old 01-18-2011, 08:40 PM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: Aircraftfreak15

ok yea hobby king dose kill your saving with the shiping. i think ill go with the tp batts. I have lipos in all my planes so i hvae an idea when lipos are about to go i usaly land before the lvc becaus when the lvc starts the planes rarly have enuph power to fly with out a stall. Iam going to only run the batts for around 10 maby 15 min or when the lack in power comes if there is going to be one. thanks for the help.

and this is the link to the HH sugested lipo.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=LOSB9825
shipping for 5 small packs from Hobbyking would only be about 5bucks [:-]
not much over kill when your saving about 75%
Old 01-20-2011, 09:39 PM
Aircraftfreak15

that is a good piont hummm iam not shur what to do or wich to get still though the hobby king ones could take mounths to get her though.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:46 PM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: Aircraftfreak15

that is a good piont hummm iam not shur what to do or wich to get still though the hobby king ones could take mounths to get her though.
I need to keep looking through HK.
I just picked up one of these cars for my friends 12 year old for his birthday today