Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

1/16th E-REVO Brushless

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 03:06 PM
101cabral

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/16th E-REVO Brushless

Hey guys, i just recently got into rc cars and picked up a 1/16th E-Revo brand new. it has worked perfectly ever since i got it. all of a sudden i was messin around with it today, trying to figure out how stuff works, didn't do much else other then tighten a few loose screws. The only thing i really touched was the case over the receiver, loosened the screws to take a look inside but i put it right back on.

Anyway, after this i noticed the wheels were not spinning like they should be.i can only spin one at a time, if i try to roll it on the ground they all lock up. if i turn a back tire the opposite back tire spins the opposite way, and the same for the front.

I have no idea what's going on or how i could fix it, so any help would be great and feel free to ask what ever u want.

P.S when spinning each wheel individually with my hand, there seems to be no resistance what so ever, almost like their should be gears meshing that arn't.

Thanks,
Darren
Old 01-15-2011, 03:50 PM
cooldriver385

Default RE: 1/16th E-REVO Brushless

When one wheel spins in opposite direction, it's supposed to happen. That's the differentials doing their job[8D]. Now with the wheels locking up, I had the same problem as well. More than likely you have trashed the rear differential ring/pinion gear. To test this, remove the motor and ESC. Then flip the truck over and remove the 8 screws to remove the cover in between the two battery boxes (The first Picture). Then remove the two tiny little grub screws that hold the two half shafts to the transmission (The second Picture). The little grub screws are 1.5mm hexes. Once you've removed those, try spinning the shafts individually. It's more than likely that the half shaft for the rear (The longer one) will have some binding. If that's the case, I'll tell you in another post if it ends up being that. Hope all this helps.
Old 01-15-2011, 03:54 PM
cooldriver385

Whoops, forgot the pics, here ya go:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77126.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	1548438   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu65557.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	185.3 KB
ID:	1548439  
Old 01-15-2011, 04:53 PM
101cabral

i tried to put up some pics but i cant figure out how, anyway i got of the motor and the esc, and now there is the gear box of transmission im not sure what it is that was connected to the motor. i cant get it off because im not sure what little grub screws your talking about.
Old 01-15-2011, 04:56 PM
101cabral

looks that black box is connected to i guess u could call the axel underneath? im pretty new to rc cars so not sure the names of the parts yet lol but i cant pull out the black box because its connected to the rod underneath.
Old 01-15-2011, 05:08 PM
cooldriver385

Exactly, the little rods, or axles, are connected to the black box. The black box is the transmission. Did you take off the little cover I showed you in the pics? If you did, then the transmission is no longer connected to the chassis. Now you need to take the axles off. The grub screws I was talking about are little tiny screws that hold the shafts to the transmission box. So, flip the car over, and turn the axles until you see what kinda looks like a screw. Take your little 1.5mm hex wrench that came with the car, (it's the really small one that is shaped like an L), and unscrew it until it seems like it won't unscrew anymore. Then you can just pull the little screw out (Make sure you don't lose them!), and then you should be able to just pull the little transmission box right out. Now, let's do a little diagnosis. On the little black box (The transmission) and spin the spur gear (The black plastic gear) to make sure that it spins freely. If it does, then the transmission is fine. Then, spin the two axles that used to be connected to the transmission. Make sure they both spin freely. Most likely, the axle for the rear differential (The axle that is longer than the other) will have some binding. Post back after your findings, and again, if you have questions, please ask.
Old 01-15-2011, 05:58 PM
101cabral

ahh finally, i got it all out, i think i found the problem. the transmission spins but not freely, it clicks clacks and clanks with every turn. and the wheels all spin freely and individually once i took out the transmission.

Would you say its now safe to put in an order for a new transmission?

Darren
Old 01-15-2011, 10:08 PM
dacaur

A transmission gear set is only $10, open the transmission and find our which gear needs to be replaced... its probably just one, maybe two... a whole new transmission would be a waste... this way you get to learn more about your truck! the manual has exploded views of everything with part numbers... figure out whats bad, and order new parts.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:03 AM
101cabral

Dacaur: I like the idea of learning more, thats why i decided to take the car apart in the first place and not just to the hobby shop, as it is my first car im gonna go take apart the transmishion now to, and try to fine the manual.

Thanks for the Advice,

Darren