Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

project "punisher" summit 1/16 A-ARM? swap

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 05:58 PM
Bighairblaze

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default project "punisher" summit 1/16 A-ARM? swap

Just picked up the the summit vxl 1/16 "project "Punisher" and love it. I come from rc of old complete with rc10, frog, grasshopper, clod buster, double dare, and serveral other construct your own rc's. This out of the box up and ripping as soon as thebatteries chargeis new to me, but nice!Ihave broken theA-armon theupper frontmainly due to my rookie skills, but i also think the stock set up is not right. When the suspension is all the way out(non-compressed) the axles shafts rub on the top a-arm. Is this common? anyway. i just bought the 1/16 E-REVO front upper & lower a-arm set part# 80692. and the rear upper & lower a-arm set. Not knowung is I would need them for the e-revo arm swap I also bought the axle carriers part #73162. My question is Has anyone put the E-REVO A-arm set on the mini Summit? and what can I exspect?
THANKS
BLAZE-

Old 03-03-2011, 09:54 PM
dacaur

Default RE: project

its the exact same part... But, If you bought the traxxas a-arms... I would see if you can take them back and get RPM arms... they are about the same price, and way tougher....
Old 03-04-2011, 05:49 AM
Bighairblaze

i got the RPM one's and your right they are nice. i installed them last nice pretty easy swap, but i looks like i am going to need some adjustable tie-rods to get the cant right. i will post some pics later. anything else i must upgrade ??? how about rocker suspension upgrades? bigger tires? light kits, etc.
thanks
blaze-

Old 03-04-2011, 02:38 PM
dacaur

I have the mini e-revo so im not sure on the summit... I dont know how that thing is for wheelies, but on the e-revo a wheely bar is a MUST!, body clip retainers too!.... I dont think I would go bigger tires, as for the rockers, that part is differnt from the revo too, I think the summit has more progressive rockers, which are better for low speed with more wheel action, the regular ones that come on the e-revo are better for high speed stuff....

I wish the summit had come out at the same time as the e-revo... would much rather have that one.... as it is im going to just have to upgrade mine.... as soon as the tires on my e-revo wear out, im getting some summit tires and rockers, and maybe the body too, but im pretty happy with my raminator body....