Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

This Ken Block Fiesta.

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 02:41 PM
Ian78

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This Ken Block Fiesta.

Ken Block Fiesta Traxxs.... is it realy that good? That's all my boy has been talking about, it's not cheap, have seen a few videos.
Anyone got one? or what do you think of it?
Old 03-09-2011, 02:53 PM
blademan6
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: This Ken Block Fiesta.

yes it is amazing!
Old 03-09-2011, 04:07 PM
sloppyG

http://www.youtube.com/UltimateRCnet...25/ZvHpn9wuQLI

not very highly rated, the drifting they show in the videos is apparently not easy to do at all and it's not a great road racing RC since it's based on a monster truck

just keep in mind, it's a mini revo hacked on to make it lower....... it's not a purpose built road RC

I'd spend my money on something else, this one has a cool body and that's about it
Old 03-15-2011, 12:12 PM
Ian78

Have looked at one at a model shop and it doesn't look very strong.
I think better to put the £320 retail price elsewhere.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:58 PM
9five9

it's not made to drift. It's made for gymkhana, which is grip and slip. If you search for "Gymkhana Grid", you'll find the real life version of what this RC car is made to do. Obviously it's not marketed as an on-road race car, so don't try to throw this guy off by bashing its on-road capabilities.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:13 PM
sloppyG

if it's not for on road driving, why does it have slick tires and almost no suspension travel?

did you see how bad it was on dirt in the video? if it's bad on pavement and bad on dirt, where are you supposed to use it?
Old 03-26-2011, 07:18 PM
electricrc68
Banned

ORIGINAL: sloppyG

if it's not for on road driving, why does it have slick tires and almost no suspension travel?

did you see how bad it was on dirt in the video? if it's bad on pavement and bad on dirt, where are you supposed to use it?
water.

Old 03-26-2011, 10:09 PM
ozzy9039
My Feedback: (6)

I have one of these & IMO they are pretty bad !@@. The suspension is actually F1 style suspension, so the smaller travel on the rocker arms is plenty.... as INSIDEout stated, it is set up for gymkhana driving (as Ken Block does - see videos of him to understand better), so more of a "trick driving" I guess you could call it. I think the slicks on it do it justice.....if they had more grip it would just roll over when you turned at high speeds.....this way, she slides/drifts... the key or "idea" is to attempt to steer from the rear end of the car (so to speak) as to drift/slide around objects etc. A simple tire change would allow it to be closer to the rally style for off road...possibly a height change would help as well.... a different tire would help for more grip for on-road if thats what someone wants... but out of the box, its for gymkhana. Long rant short..... I love mine! Hope this helps
Old 03-27-2011, 07:51 AM
gforce2448
My Feedback: (12)

True...it is waterproof, that is what Traxxas does well. Maybe it's a great hydroplaning car??
Old 03-27-2011, 11:51 AM
sloppyG

ORIGINAL: ozzy9039

I have one of these & IMO they are pretty bad !@@. The suspension is actually F1 style suspension, so the smaller travel on the rocker arms is plenty.... as INSIDEout stated, it is set up for gymkhana driving (as Ken Block does - see videos of him to understand better), so more of a ''trick driving'' I guess you could call it. I think the slicks on it do it justice.....if they had more grip it would just roll over when you turned at high speeds.....this way, she slides/drifts... the key or ''idea'' is to attempt to steer from the rear end of the car (so to speak) as to drift/slide around objects etc. A simple tire change would allow it to be closer to the rally style for off road...possibly a height change would help as well.... a different tire would help for more grip for on-road if thats what someone wants... but out of the box, its for gymkhana. Long rant short..... I love mine! Hope this helps
yeah, but it doesn't even drift right....

did you see the video? it'll slide for a corner, but you can't string a couple turns drifting together, not even if you put drift tires on it

when you try and make a road car out of a monster truck, it's going to turn out poorly
Old 03-27-2011, 11:53 AM
electricrc68
Banned

ORIGINAL: gforce2448

True...it is waterproof, that is what Traxxas does well. Maybe it's a great hydroplaning car??
yessss!!!!!

Old 03-27-2011, 03:02 PM
Brainanator
My Feedback: (1)

I don't like it....sure, it looks really cool, I'll give them that! But the performance seems lacking for what it's is supposed to do.
I think it'd get boring quickly.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:12 AM
sloppyG

I think it's pretty bad too how traxxas is charging $30-40 extra because this one has green plastic instead of red plastic, and also some added monster energy stickers....
Old 03-28-2011, 09:31 AM
gforce2448
My Feedback: (12)

Yeah, I've considered getting one and if I do I might just get the $199 version. I have an extra 2.4ghz receiver so I can use the same radio as my Mini Revo. Plus, most likely I'd upgrade the motor/ESC anyways so why spend $300??

You should see how much people want the rare 1/16 "1969 Camaro Monster Energy" car. It's going for $400-500 on Ebay/CL. There are less than 100 made and were only given to Monster Energy distributors I guess. Which unless you plan to collect and not open the box, it would be worth less than half that as soon as you ran the thing. lol