Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

NEED HELP- Losi Micro

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 12:42 PM
minimadster
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELP- Losi Micro

Hey, i just bought a slightly used micro t, at first i noticed it had a slight glitch problem, then i put fresh batteries in the controller and that fixed it. Then i realized that the differentials dont work because the were to tight. So i went back and reajusted everything. Then i bought the dt tires and a losi micro high power motor, not realizeing it was for the sct, so it didnt work very good because it was meant to run on more voltage. So then i put the stock one back in, but i cant get it to stay in place, no matter how tight i get it, ill set it down and 25 secs into it, you can hear the transmission getting louder, then it start glitching again. I will punch it, and it will putter up to speed. That is one problem, the next problem is that it the tires start spinning when ever they please, no matter what i have it tuned to on the controller. If you guys got any solution other that replacing all the electronics, that would be great!!!!
Old 03-21-2011, 11:42 AM
nitroairplane

Default RE: NEED HELP- Losi Micro

have you had a close look at the reciever/speed controler ? because i had a micro t that had this problem once and it was just a loose wire in the reciever when i soldered it back in place it worked just fine
Old 03-22-2011, 11:09 AM
minimadster

No i havent, i only checked the crystals and the batteries, ill have to give that a look
Old 03-28-2011, 07:43 AM
BKoz559
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Also, while you're poking around looking for loose wires inspect the antenna wire. I had a similar glitching problem on my Micro T and I ended up un-soldering the wire, snipping a fresh end then re-soldering it back onto the board. No glitching since then.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:41 AM
minimadster

hey, that might just be it, i did end up tearin the whole thing apart, i did notice that the entenna has been bent around the hole on the circuit board
Old 03-28-2011, 12:31 PM
BKoz559
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The antenna wire fits through the board first then it 'kinks' and is soldered on the bottom side. With my car, it really didn't look that bad, however, after I resoldered the wire all my glitching problems appeared to be solved.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:32 PM
minimadster

Well i did exactly as you said and it works perfectly now, thanks a lot=)