Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Turnigy 1/16 Monster Beetle??

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 03:45 PM
ozzy9039
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turnigy 1/16 Monster Beetle??

I saw this in an RC Magazine.... Has anyone had any experience with these? Price is great for a brushless setup.

[link=http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=13449]Hobby King Ternigy M. Beetle[/link]

Old 03-21-2011, 01:37 AM
HSVXU6

Default RE: Turnigy 1/16 Monster Beetle??

Got their Kart, "AWESOME" having said that, if you want to have some fun, buy it, if you want to race it, look elsewhere. I have used Turnigy motors in my boats and 1/10 and 1/8 off road, 9 out of 10 motors are good you get the odd bad one, value for money though
Old 03-21-2011, 09:01 AM
ozzy9039

Cool...good to hear.... No, this would not be for racing.... I was just unsure how good these were...its always a little worrying when you see something like this because I'm always worried about "parts". The price is definitely right! I emailed them asking if it can run on NimH batteries as well.... Looks like a Deans Connector but they call it an XT-60 (Never heard of that). If they run on Nimh's ... all I would need is a RX & I can link it to my 2.4 ... possibly an adaptor for the batter as well. Prob get away for about $100 total
Old 03-21-2011, 12:40 PM
HSVXU6

By the sounds of it you have Tamiya style connectors? Tamiya connectors are a bit average in these days of high current draw, it would pay not to use an adapter but to change over to all Deans. The less wire you have and the less joins/connections the better. What sort of 2.4 do you have?
Old 03-21-2011, 07:35 PM
rubber_junkie

XT-60 connectors are good their 3.5mm gold bullets, most of hobbyking small lipos have those plugs. It run nimhs but you may suffer cogging, buy 2 so have spares to hand
Old 03-22-2011, 07:01 AM
ozzy9039

I do have standard connector adapters, but I use the Traxxas high c. connectors. I have both a Traxxas 2.4 & a Tactic 2.4 ....no lipos though
Old 04-08-2011, 04:20 AM
Andyjk

Hey guys, I just bought the Turnigy 1/18 brushless stadium truck. Tought I'd give the smaller scale vehicles a go. Plus I couldn't go past the price ($49.99).

Anyway, just trying to find a thread on it so I can see if anyone has done any mods or anything. I've had a look around here and on some other websites but have't had any luck.

Here's the truck:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=13450

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26599.jpg
Views:	711
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	1590947  
Old 04-08-2011, 09:24 AM
ozzy9039

Can't wait to hear your reviews on it!
Old 04-08-2011, 05:51 PM
Andyjk

I started another thread in case there is anyone else out there wanting to know about this car. So once I get it, I'll put my review in there. Cheers!
Old 06-30-2013, 07:54 AM
fishycomics

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hate dying threads.

Digging up a ton of info, the killer is limitation, I like to see readily available parts. I love to get one, I hesitate so bad. I look at my Emax. all it needs is some juice. maybe if I am smarts I get two lipo's and be done.

the stadium truck is the same, just a shell I guess. so I shall look into that. beetle or stadium. just to kill time, have fun goofing no racing for me.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:58 PM
taj

i have this one and would like to ask what other truck is based on this chassis? im looking for parts
Old 07-07-2013, 10:58 PM
taj

nobody has something similar to this truck or might have used some parts to use on this
Old 07-17-2013, 10:56 AM
fishycomics

I just got my Monster beetle. all I can say is WOW!
Batterries are charging, rx and ll that good stuff I have but no spare parts., LOL
Old 07-18-2013, 03:44 PM
fishycomics

I could not resist. I have a lot to say to a thread that people are out and about.....

1. video's I watched, I chose to go with what I felt was right, not to destroy things......

2. Battery Listen to Hobbyking, if they say 17oo mah 2s 7.2 are the one's to use, use them. I gotten 2200 mah and they do DO NOT fit correctly the propeller shaft and diff hits it. I turn the bat side ways. Modification needed.

3. Run time in a relaxed mode down the road at 50% throttle and off, turn around and repeat. 1 hour, still going, Power decreased for top speed,

4. full throttle runs. not for me at this time.

5 looks. AWESOME, size AWESOME. proformance. AWESOME

Anything I do to the car, if I can control it nad not cause damage I upgrade parts, like shock tower, better body, mod for a camera, and look into fpv. Clean up, make neater, and waterproof all the parts, making sure the esc can breath. you do not have to cover it to run in snow, build a wall to prevent damage.

I am happy, well worth the money spent.
Old 07-19-2013, 04:34 PM
fishycomics

Today the Monster beetle went with me, with what I had I made the Rx snug with a tie wrap, perfect job, for the bat I will replace back the pieces, and Velcro in, will be perfect, for sure? Where I was at we were going to ask a person with a radar gun to clock the speed of this badboy. SUPER FAST for its size I can say 40 plus, positively sure of it. I can think it, and say it but the choice is all yours on it?

One bad ass roll, and she was twisting, tumbeling. because the heat of the tar road, and grip of the tires. not a bone broken. On the grass All we can do is laugh. on the tar with leaves, all I can do is laugh man she can peal. I was even lucky I got some not long wheelies but front tire lifts, knowing to be in control, not to let it get away, from me.
heck I will start my own thread, b/c of the info found this is a new Monster beetle version 2 do not need to do this, that and everything people say, Lol
Old 07-24-2013, 11:52 AM
fishycomics

a nice big open lot, and tires are now worn in, no grip action, and, it's time to inspect the beetle. goes to the left, the wheel is loose, so on. 5 hours of run time. and I think more I keep her tamed, the better I am in ordering parts soon, and keeping her maintained. I feel the battery tends to wear some after a few minutes but, that is because I am used to the top speed already, Lol. I get a good 1 hour on the 2200mah. sh will not give you any slow down till all of a sudden at the near end of LVC. That I am 100% happy. The beetle is nose heavy, the small jumps the nose wants DOWN. any ways of correcting, don't Jump. better to keep the paws grounded. The fun really got started when laps were made at higher end speeds. let me tell you, that is why no one here is around............................................
Old 08-09-2013, 11:46 AM
fishycomics

Been some time, cannot skip a line, that is an issue with the website Lol, so I type it as I go, SORRY. For those who lose the E-clips, they are a 1/8th at a home depot In the hardware, the drawers... 40 cents for two. expensive. while 40779 at hobbyking for 10@38cents and a few dollars shipped, add it up. the car is awesome, for those who are just getting into this, it's worth the investment, take your time, keep it way under control, and many years of fun..........