Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Rc18t stock ESC Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 08:07 AM
matt_mahoney
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rc18t stock ESC Question

hey,
so i'm just starting into rc trucks andpicked up a used rc18t and i'm loving it! i decided to start waterproofing it since its spring time and found some awesome videos on how to do it. for the esc it says to watch out to not cover your heatsink or the vents so the esc can breathe and not cook. my question is... does the stock esc have a heatsink inside of it or does it just have fins somewhere? i watch a video and the guy was using one and he said there was fins on the top where all the writing is. mine does not...maybe its an older one. just wanted to make sure so i dont cook my esc.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:19 PM
moezer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rc18t stock ESC Question

there are small fins inside the ESC but for the 18t its so small i wont think its going to over heat to a limit that it will burn out, also im sure that there is a heat cut off in the esc when the esc heats up to a limit it will go in to safe mode and wont let the RC move untell it cools back down.