Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

My New Mini E-Revo Arriving today

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 08:46 AM
trickle007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My New Mini E-Revo Arriving today

Well just checked the tracking on my Merv and it is on the truck out for delivery. When I get home from work I going to charge up my 2 lipos and unbox my truck and take it on its maiden ride. I cant wait to see this Merv on 3s but atm I dont have a 3s cause every where I looked there out of stock.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:05 AM
Chucksolo69

Default RE: My New Mini E-Revo Arriving today

Dude, you are gonna love it. I have run mine on a 2s 2200 Lipo and the thing is scary fast; heck, the thing is fast on one NiMH battery, especially in the dirt. It is fun to  do a wide sweeping turn at full throttle with the standard battery and watch the powerslide! I tried that with the Lipo and and ended up in a nasty roll. I found I can do the same powerslide with the lipo, but I have to only give the MERV 1/2 to 3/4 throttle. Enjoy!!

Old 05-20-2011, 02:28 PM
trickle007

Chuck what Pinion you using? Right now my batts are charging and i have (2) 2s 2200mah lipos running in parallel and i am going to run the stock pinion with this set up. I going to a track this weekend to run it so i want to make sure i have the right pinion in for a 2s set up, Reason i am leaving the stock pinion is the manual says only swap to high speed pinion only if you running speed runs on pavement which i am not going to be lol. If someone knows better for a 2s set up let me know if not I will just run what the manual says
Old 05-20-2011, 06:53 PM
gforce2448
My Feedback: (12)

I recommend picking up a pinion set for your Merv if you plan to run on different surfaces and tracks. You can pick up a even or odd set fairly cheap. I did that with my Merv to be able to adjust the gearing when I needed to, which help eliminate any heat issues. I have my Merv setup for the local track here...finally settled on a 20t pinion, which gives it plenty of torque for cornering and jumping but still has the top speed for the longest straights as I could never get up to full speed with a larger pinion and lost out on the low end power. I am also running 2.2 wheels so that makes a difference. I also run my Merv on the beach with sand paddles which I gear lower because of the added resistance of the sand and the paddles are even larger diameter. Then gear it higher when Iput the street tires on for speed runs.

Good luck and enjoy your new Merv!!!
Old 05-21-2011, 04:59 PM
Chucksolo69

Actually I am running the stock pinion as these things are really fast and I don't think I need any more speed. Make sure you don't run the LIPO batteries in series. You can run them in parallel for extended run time, but you need to watch the temperature of the motor and ESC. I would say that there is a 5-10% increase in speed just by using the LIPO batteries instead of the NiMH. Also, I get about 15-20 minutes on the NiMH if I take it easy on the throttle and about 12 if I run it hard. I ran my Mini Slash yesterday on one 2200 mAH LIPO for about 30 minutes and have no doubt it could have run for 45. I stopped because I was on my lunch hour and had to get back to the office. I ran mine against my buddy's 1/10th Slash, and his 5000 mAH LIPO battery dumped before mine did. Mine was still going strong when we stopped. I am telling you, with a LIPO in them, these things are SCARY fast.