Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Hpi Savage Flux XS

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 03:08 PM
micro guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hpi Savage Flux XS

Horizon's release date was "Late July" yesterday... and today they pushed it back to "Early August". I saw that coming.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:44 PM
RRHobbyDepot
My Feedback: (1)

Product delays are very commonplace.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:10 PM
micro guy

ya i know especially with horizon. I already pre-ordered one so hopefully they will get a shipment in, in early august.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:26 PM
RRHobbyDepot

we don't deal with Horizon for reasons I'm not gonna name. that means no team Losi. Not a big deal as there are many many other great brands.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:10 PM
micro guy

Ya. I would of ordered it through like amainhobbies but i got it from the lhs. Ok, not lhs, its just one guy that has a little hobby shop in his garage. He only does business with horizon so i just give him my business when i can. He doesn't have any land rc's either. He just has airplanes and a couple helicopters. So he never has any land rc's or parts for that matter.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:18 PM
RRHobbyDepot

The minimums are pretty high with Horizon. How do you get a setup in your garage? Pictures of your shop are one of the requirements with all hobbydistributors. I had to submit some of mine to everyone along with copies of my lease etc etc.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:39 PM
micro guy

Not too sure. But im sure he had to do that too, it's just like a mini hobby shop.
Old 07-07-2011, 07:14 PM
RRHobbyDepot

id say he's a very lucky guy then.
Old 07-10-2011, 05:16 AM
crazy nick
My Feedback: (29)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been looking long and hard at this one. It totally answers the call. I love the e-revo , but takes 1/8 electronics and large batteries(2) which puts the price through the roof. The mini-revo takes small electronics and and is a little too small for me. Not to mention you need rpm carriers right from the get go just cause the stock ones are very sloppy and break way too easy. Now this savage xs looks extremely promising. I love the stock 1/10 electronics ,4x4, 2.2 wheels and tires, and seems to be a great size. The only thing I did notice is 4000 kv 4-pole motor. Castle doesn't make that in a 4000kv , I saw 3800kv , but not 4000. Is this a new motor or did they just round it up to sound better. Either way the castle 4 pole motors produce serious power. Power to weight ratio will be awesome. 5000mah 2s lipo will fit also for great runtime. All I see here are plus's . Great size, great weight, all the power and quality in electronics, 2.4ghz. I guess we'll just have to see if the chassis/drivetrain is up to par with everything else. I hope to get one soon , looks great! Just my .02.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:33 AM
The VXL

And to be honest HPI are definitely onto something with the xs because the full sized flux had two major flaws in my opinion they were: It was expensive and required two batteries the mini savage requires or is none of those things i am highly interested and most likely will be getting one in the near future and the best thing is that my rustler vxl and my savage could share the same battery
Old 07-10-2011, 11:27 AM
trickle007

I was thinking the same the XS is perfect for my situation I have a Vorza flux in which I run (2) 2s 5200mah 30c packs, and now I can share them between the Vorza and the XS. I probally actually end up running the XS more then the Vorza anyway lol.

ORIGINAL: The VXL

And to be honest HPI are definitely onto something with the xs because the full sized flux had two major flaws in my opinion they were: It was expensive and required two batteries the mini savage requires or is none of those things i am highly interested and most likely will be getting one in the near future and the best thing is that my rustler vxl and my savage could share the same battery
Old 07-10-2011, 06:34 PM
micro guy

Ya, i will be purchasing a 5000mAH 30C 11.1V 3S Sky Lipo for my mini flux pretty soon.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:57 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

ORIGINAL: The VXL

I wouldn't say those were flaws............. That is just part of the cost of the hobby.

Old 07-13-2011, 10:21 AM
RRHobbyDepot

Taking pre orders now on these for anyone wanting one. Distributor is supposed to have them in third week of July. Please let me know if you want one as we don't know how many will be coming on the 1st order. Thank you.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:13 PM
hound54

uhm not to knock it ...cuz i want one ...but doesnt that kind of shaft suck ..{in the first chassis pic abve} its like the mini high roller
or am i missing something?
Old 07-13-2011, 07:50 PM
xerxes

requirin 2 seprat batts arnt nesisarily a design flaw. its mor of a set up "issue"

heers wut i dont undrstand about hpi product designrs.

ssavage flux hp claims dual 3s, yet no 3s hrdcases fit??? im my case, no 2s batts evn fit, sinse all my batts hav removeable banana plugs.

new savage xs claims 3s max, yet it looks lyk no 3s hrdcase will fit???? & agen, no top exit discharge lead batts will fit??????

i meen reely. seriously???? get ur act 2gethr, hpi.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:20 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: xerxes

requirin 2 seprat batts arnt nesisarily a design flaw. its mor of a set up ''issue''

ssavage flux hp claims dual 3s, yet no 3s hrdcases fit??? im my case, no 2s batts evn fit, sinse all my batts hav removeable banana plugs.

new savage xs claims 3s max, yet it looks lyk no 3s hrdcase will fit???? & agen, no top exit discharge lead batts will fit??????

Once again, it's a matter of getting the right battery configuration for the application. This has been going on since 1985 when the frog needed a hump pack, while the Hornet a shotgun pack.

Your complaints are not valid dude. You are asking too much. Do you think it would have been wise for HPI to make the battery boxes bigger? They are already big as they are. And by the way, I use banana plug hardcase racing packs in my flux without a problem (I soldered a set of leads at a right angle), and they will also work in the flux XS. furthermore, there are several 4000mah 3s packs that would fit in the stock HP battery bays, and no doubt in the XS one as well. If your beef is that a 5000mah+ doesn't fit, again, what do you expect. You could always change the motor in the XS for a 6k for like $40, then you wouldn't need a 3s battery anyway. There are many solutions to these issues, and no RC is going to (nor should ever be expected to) cater to all styles and all equipment out of the box. Modifying an RC to make something 'extreme' work is part of the fun of the hobby. I've said it before and I'll say it again; what you get for your money with the Flux 2350 (not so much the HP) is staggering.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:13 AM
JUSTPASSEDU
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: Foxy

requirin 2 seprat batts arnt nesisarily a design flaw. its mor of a set up ''issue''

Once again, it's a matter of getting the right battery configuration for the application. This has been going on since 1985 when the frog needed a hump pack, while the Hornet a shotgun pack.

Your complaints are not valid dude. You are asking too much. Do you think it would have been wise for HPI to make the battery boxes bigger? They are already big as they are. And by the way, I use banana plug hardcase racing packs in my flux without a problem (I soldered a set of leads at a right angle), and they will also work in the flux XS. furthermore, there are several 4000mah 3s packs that would fit in the stock HP battery bays, and no doubt in the XS one as well. If your beef is that a 5000mah+ doesn't fit, again, what do you expect. You could always change the motor in the XS for a 6k for like $40, then you wouldn't need a 3s battery anyway. There are many solutions to these issues, and no RC is going to (nor should ever be expected to) cater to all styles and all equipment out of the box. Modifying an RC to make something 'extreme' work is part of the fun of the hobby. I've said it before and I'll say it again; what you get for your money with the Flux 2350 (not so much the HP) is staggering.
+1 I agree , I just pre ordered one and I don't think batteries fitting will be a problem , the whole fun of the hobby is making things work , customizing and just having fun , great price for the savage xs , I hope it lives up to its big brother the flux hp.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:23 AM
t9dragon

Why do you need a 3s hardcase? a 3s softcase would probably fit just fine.

Old 07-14-2011, 03:47 PM
micro guy

Hpi is not only trying to make money their selves (obviously) but they are trying to get more business to the aftermarket companies. Such as them not including two batteries or a charger for the flux hp. Its how the world goes round and round, people making money off of other peoples products. That's what companies do for each other. And please learn how to type out your words and correctly.. you look like a 4 year old on a computer.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:50 PM
micro guy

ORIGINAL: JUSTPASSEDU

+1 I agree , I just pre ordered one and I don't think batteries fitting will be a problem , the whole fun of the hobby is making things work , customizing and just having fun , great price for the savage xs , I hope it lives up to its big brother the flux hp.

Ya i ordered a Sky 3s 5000mAH 30c lipo for my mini flux when it comes out. It's nice how hpi designed it to be able to fit and handle full size batteries but just in a mini platform.
Old 07-14-2011, 04:11 PM
redfisher1974

Foxy, You know better then to let him pull you in like that.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:43 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Red, to be fair, his complaints are from genuine experience. He does have a beef with his flux, and I suppose if I did what he did, under the assumptions he made, I might not be best pleased either. But what it comes down to is the fact that because HPI themselves posted videos of a Flux HP on 6S, he took it as a green flag to put 22.2v through his flux and then beat it like a red-headed stepchild. Of course it broke quite a lot. He has a point, but not really...HPI does say the car can take 6S, but out of the box, it can't (at least not if you rag your RCs like you're sponsored). The problem is the expectation. Ever since he stripped his third set of wheels, he's been bagging the flux. I have no problem being here every time he posts to post the other side. I will not moderate him though, because his experience is genuine.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:35 AM
xerxes

foxy noz xerxes on a mor personal level. we chops it up frum time 2 time.

& i did ur pin fix 2 my abundanse of strippd wheels. put punch cntrl to 50% & tryd it agen.

hafway in2 1st run i lost rwd wit a horribl clikn/ grindn. kep goin wit only fwd workn til it soundid lyk a blender full of sand. motor pinion was ground in2 oblivion. & da weels didnt strip. pin fix workd, suprisingly. but rear bevel had about 5 teef flattnd out. diffs wer shimmd, & dey wer da newest blak version. 50% punch on 6s asphalt & still didnt last 1 pack.

i sware its inposible dey maid ther promo vid & didnt hav 1thing break or strip. inposible.

u jus b glad u got da 2350. kuz da added xpense of da hp isnt worth it wen u tab in da magnatude of added wear & tear.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:06 AM
t9dragon

Red, to be fair, his complaints are from genuine experience. He does have a beef with his flux, and I suppose if I did what he did, under the assumptions he made, I might not be best pleased either. But what it comes down to is the fact that because HPI themselves posted videos of a Flux HP on 6S, he took it as a green flag to put 22.2v through his flux and then beat it like a red-headed stepchild. Of course it broke quite a lot. He has a point, but not really...HPI does say the car can take 6S, but out of the box, it can't (at least not if you rag your RCs like you're sponsored). The problem is the expectation. Ever since he stripped his third set of wheels, he's been bagging the flux. I have no problem being here every time he posts to post the other side. I will not moderate him though, because his experience is genuine.
Why doesn't he just call HPI and voice his concern? I have been bashing my FLUX on 6s and only manage to break the rear uprights. But also if you are going to be bashing on 6s things will break. HPI never said that their SAVAGE was indestructible.

One more thing would it at all be possible that he receive a warning on his poor use of the English language? His post are just a mess to try and read.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.