Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Hpi Savage Flux XS

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 07:57 PM
micro guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hpi Savage Flux XS

So i've looked around the mini forum and there hasn't been much discussion about this little beast. Obviously Hpi is trying to compete with the mini e-revo, with the fast out of box speeds with 3s lipo and water proof (water resistant, nothing is ever fully waterproof in this hobby.) Just thought i would stir this topic up a little bit. Hopefully Hpi will be releasing it very soon!

Teaser vid....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ku6k...layer_embedded

Pictures...

http://hpisavagex46.wordpress.com/20...less-so-cute/]

I'm sure a lot of people are aware of this kit, but just not too much discussion about it. If and when it comes out will you be picking one up? If so why? If not, why not?

Old 06-03-2011, 01:56 PM
moezer

Default RE: Hpi Savage Flux XS

when this thing comes out im sure the e revo sales are going to drop, i just picked up a mini summit i completely forgot this thing was coming out. i dont think ill be getting one unless i get free money from some where hahaha

for hpi to win fans of traxxas over to this they have to and i mean have to be at the same price as the e revos or a little bit lower or at a bit higher price with better electronics and some parts
Old 06-03-2011, 01:57 PM
trickle007

I have seen a few posts on the HPI Monster Truck subcatagory topic. I think the Savage XS is 1/12th scale compared to the Merv which is 1/16th so I think the Savage is going to be larger then the Merv. Regardless As soo as you can pre order one I going to lol.

Old 06-03-2011, 04:11 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: trickle007

I have seen a few posts on the HPI Monster Truck subcatagory topic. I think the Savage XS is 1/12th scale compared to the Merv which is 1/16th so I think the Savage is going to be larger then the Merv. Regardless As soo as you can pre order one I going to lol.

They WERE supposed to come out with a savage nano that was I think 1/24th scale but I guess that got lost somewhere or driven over by a flux or something
Old 06-06-2011, 05:30 PM
micro guy

Ya after i get back from vacation i will be getting some of my RC'S ready to sell. I will be selling my Vendetta buggy, my mini e-revo (non 2.4ghz), and my slash 4x4. And with that money i will be getting the Mini Flux XS and a max-amps 3S lipo. I have the stampede 4x4 and i'd rather bash with that as apposed to the slash. Don't get me wrong my slash has held up very well! But where i'm at i am mostly in grass (thick), and dirt. And i need/want the extra clearance of my stampede as apposed to the slash.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:05 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

been thinking of selling my merv too
not a bad RC but it kinda fills no real gaps I have
My 1/10th 4wd buggies are a teeny bit bigger than it, and have the same ground clearance so they cover what it can do, they also can take 5000mah lipos where the merv's batteries are kinda small.
i got 1/8th, and 1/12th scale truggies
I got 1/8th, 1/10th MT's (and when this hits probably a 1/12th )
got 1/10th ST's too so it kinda is just left on the shelf gathering dust.
Plus I just got a slash 4X4 (no need for a pede seeing I have a few MT's )
Old 06-06-2011, 06:21 PM
micro guy

Ya, I have a Savage Flux HP, Stampede 4x4, Slash 4x4, Mini e-revo, Duratrax vendetta, and losi micro sct. When i heard the stampede 4x4 was coming out, i wanted it immediately. So for Christmas i got it ( i paid for about half of it.) And i love it! I'll eventually put the bigger pinion on it (17t) and a 3s lipo. I want to buy a max-amps 3S lipo but i just can't spend $180 on one lipo battery. Is there anywhere else i could get one cheaper?
Old 06-06-2011, 06:32 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ever hear of hobbyking.com
Just make sure you order from USA warehouse so you don't wait a month for the delivery.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:37 AM
Zanek

Looks cool, but I hate to break it to them, Mini e revo is insanely fast
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLloi0ok_WU
No savage flux could beat that.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:39 AM
Zanek

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

been thinking of selling my merv too
not a bad RC but it kinda fills no real gaps I have
My 1/10th 4wd buggies are a teeny bit bigger than it, and have the same ground clearance so they cover what it can do, they also can take 5000mah lipos where the merv's batteries are kinda small.
i got 1/8th, and 1/12th scale truggies
I got 1/8th, 1/10th MT's (and when this hits probably a 1/12th )
got 1/10th ST's too so it kinda is just left on the shelf gathering dust.
Plus I just got a slash 4X4 (no need for a pede seeing I have a few MT's )
<meta charset="utf-8" /> not a bad RC but it kinda fills no real gaps I have

That could be said, but it is pretty insane when suspension is tuned for onroad.

Old 06-15-2011, 09:25 PM
dbigfoot111

ORIGINAL: moezer

when this thing comes out im sure the e revo sales are going to drop, i just picked up a mini summit i completely forgot this thing was coming out. i dont think ill be getting one unless i get free money from some where hahaha

for hpi to win fans of traxxas over to this they have to and i mean have to be at the same price as the e revos or a little bit lower or at a bit higher price with better electronics and some parts
how is the mini summit? are you running dual battery?
Old 06-15-2011, 10:12 PM
moezer

ORIGINAL: dbigfoot111

it sucks ass its sitting in its box with no esc or motor, the esc burnt out on me, I was using a 3s 20c rating lipo and for the first time ever the truck over heated, I let itcool down and took the lipo off of it and put the normal 6cell 7.2 batt on it and the truck lost reverse, i shut it off and turned it back on pressed reverse and the esc smoked like a mother, i shut it off unpluged it then pluged it back on and turned the esc on then my batt smoked, I didnt enjoy the truck more then 15 days
Old 06-16-2011, 05:50 AM
Zanek

it sucks ass its sitting in its box with no esc or motor, the esc burnt out on me, I was using a 3s 20c rating lipo and for the first time ever the truck over heated, I let itcool down and took the lipo off of it and put the normal 6cell 7.2 batt on it and the truck lost reverse, i shut it off and turned it back on pressed reverse and the esc smoked like a mother, i shut it off unpluged it then pluged it back on and turned the esc on then my batt smoked, I didnt enjoy the truck more then 15 days
Get a 1/10 sidewinder ESC from castle. It is much better than the stock one.

Old 06-16-2011, 08:13 AM
moezer

ORIGINAL: Zanek

Get a 1/10 sidewinder ESC from castle. It is much better than the stock one.

the truck wasnt even 20 days old and it burnt out lol, maybe ill sell the esc and motor whenI get a replacement
Old 06-16-2011, 08:44 AM
Chucksolo69

Never have liked HPI stuff. Maybe its the memory of my friend blistering his fingers on the pull start of his 2001 RS4, or the way the clutch shoes melted the first time he was able to start it. The entire time he had the RS4, I had a Traxxas Nitro 4-Tec in which I would run tank after tank through it while he fiddled with the POS HPI. I supposed they have probably gotten a lot better in these last 10 years, but it must be something in me that just will not shell out money for anything HPI.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:51 AM
Ttam Says Blarg

Ya its definitely your experience with your friend..... Hpi is top notch as is Traxxas but back to the savage. This thing is sweet! That being said I wouldnt buy it. I would rather have the full size.
Old 06-16-2011, 02:50 PM
dbigfoot111

it sucks ass its sitting in its box with no esc or motor, the esc burnt out on me, I was using a 3s 20c rating lipo and for the first time ever the truck over heated, I let it cool down and took the lipo off of it and put the normal 6cell 7.2 batt on it and the truck lost reverse, i shut it off and turned it back on pressed reverse and the esc smoked like a mother, i shut it off unpluged it then pluged it back on and turned the esc on then my batt smoked, I didnt enjoy the truck more then 15 days
Traxxas stated the truck can handle 3s, seems like its too much for the truck to handle
Old 06-16-2011, 09:22 PM
moezer

Traxxas stated the truck can handle 3s, seems like its too much for the truck to handle
thats what pisses me off and heres the thing the truck smoked after i put the normal battery on it, after the esc cooled down and every thing
Old 06-16-2011, 10:12 PM
dbigfoot111

holy cowww. did you run a dual 3s? Try to talk to a representative (even though they wont do anything) but tried to see if they would give you a more discount for a replacement
Old 06-17-2011, 05:21 AM
rc_in_mexico

Seeing that a few of you want to sell you minis, do you have a price yet?
Old 06-17-2011, 06:05 AM
Zanek

The motor is good for up to 4s, but the ESC easily burns out on 3s.

Old 06-17-2011, 06:54 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't wait for a Mini Savage to cone out.. And who knows maybe I will sell off my Traxxas Mini Revo and Mini Slashes' or maybe I will just convert them into the Fiesta or Nascar truck..
Old 06-17-2011, 09:58 AM
dbigfoot111

price for what? are you looking to buy the mini summit? I'm just hesitating either to get the mini summit or savage xs.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:39 PM
martin34

When are you guys in the US expecting the savage xs to be avaliable?In the UK it isnt expected until the end of august.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:12 PM
moezer

guys what about the savage nano?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.