Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Mini e revo package?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 04:14 AM
Umar M

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mini e revo package?

heya,

i'm new to the whole electric field, but i have a vague idea of what i want, a min e revo. because of a few key features its perfect for me.

1) its fasttttt and durable
2) the LHS stocks traxxas parts
3) its small, meaning i can take it with me on vacations etc

i already ordered one from amainhobbies with 3 NIMH packs and a series connector. but after seeing youtube videos of it running on 3s lipos, i was thinking of getting some too.

unfortunately, i have NO experience with lipos, only nimh (making rx packs for my nitro rc's)

so i just browsed through the net and came to 4 things i think i should get:

charger: [link=http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/1574_116/products_id/187710/n/ProTek-R-C-Prodigy-610-DUO-LiPo-LiFe-NiMH-DC-Battery-Charger-6S-10A-200W-x-2]ProTek R/C "Prodigy 610 DUO" LiPo/LiFe/NiMH DC Battery Charger (6S/10A/200W x 2)[/link]

3s batteries: [link=http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/1_25_1466_1231/products_id/143473/n/Venom-Power-3S-Li-Poly-20C-Battery-Pack-w-Traxxas-Connector-111V-1300mAh]Venom Power 3S Li-Poly 20C Battery Pack w/Traxxas Connector (11.1V/1300mAh)[/link]

charging bag: [link=http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/1574_1261/products_id/156940/n/Team-Orion-Battery-Safe-LiPo-Charging-Bag-Large]Team Orion "Battery Safe" LiPo Charging Bag (Large)[/link]

an adaptor: [link=http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/1574_1597/products_id/128382/n/Dynamite-12V-DC-Power-Adapter-w-Cigarette-Plug]Dynamite 12V DC Power Adapter w/Cigarette Plug[/link] (that seems kinda useful, i can charge while i drive. has anyone used something like this before?)

does this seem like a good setup? any hints and suggestions are welcome. just make sure its on amainhobbies since they have realllly good international shipping deals.

thanks!
Old 06-20-2011, 06:32 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Mini e revo package?

Sounds like you have a good idea of what you want. But If you are not sure about using lipos just stick with the NIMH packs...
Old 06-21-2011, 04:27 PM
trickle007

I love my Mini E-Revo. Its one of if not my funnest car I own. Just note if you do run 3s or NIHM's in series you should change the pinion traxxas provides you with a high speed pinion to swap in for 3s or nihm's in series. As for Lipo chargers there are alternative options but what you have selected is a real nice charger. Good Luck

Old 06-21-2011, 05:36 PM
sixturbosix

If you want a 1/16 revo ready to go that will kick ass just go to www.got2gorc.com and buy one of his.I think he only sales the complete cars on ebay but you can buy the upgrade kit from him for $116.00 on his website.Comes with bigger motor,Bigger esc with fan and a couple other items.It will run 70+ i promise.I bought one a year ago that runs 2 2s lipo in series(4s) and it has never burned up anything and it runs 80+ mph but he doesn't build a 4s anymoreonly a 3s car now.You want regret buying one.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:26 AM
Umar M

thanks for the input guys
i haven't received my e revo yet, says its left the us 12 hours ago, so am expecting an update in another 12 hours'ish. so hopefully in 2 days i'll have it on my doorstep

seriously CANNOT wait to chuck it around!

sixturbosix: for now, i'm going to stick with the stock option, but if i fry something, i'll definitely be keen on 70mph, which is more than our highway speed limit

thanks!