Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

I need your help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 11:33 AM
lalalacey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need your help!

I am sorry if Iam in the wrong place!

My husband is really into everything r/c he has a few already, he has a losi desert truck (I think) and a rock crawler.. the small ones.. and he has some other bigger traxxas ones or whatever the brand is...and helicopters.. you name it.

ANYWAYS he is deployed right now and Ireally want to get him something small and fun and not too loud to mess around with in his down time. I think he would like a tank or something, as I think he'd prefer a crawling sort of r/c instead of a super fast one being as he doesn't have a lot of space in his room... I picture him making little things for it to climb over or whatever, since that's what he enjoys to do at home with his rock crawler. Iknow he doesn't want anything very loud because he works nights over there and when he is awake, everybody else is sleeping .... do you guys have any idea? I've looked at amazon but I can't tell the crap from the really cool stuff.. :/ I know the smaller the better!

anybody have any ideas??? I don't know where else to ask..
Old 08-04-2011, 04:40 PM
The Mad Modder

Default RE: I need your help!

ORIGINAL: lalalacey

I am sorry if I am in the wrong place!

My husband is really into everything r/c he has a few already, he has a losi desert truck (I think) and a rock crawler.. the small ones.. and he has some other bigger traxxas ones or whatever the brand is...and helicopters.. you name it.

ANYWAYS he is deployed right now and I really want to get him something small and fun and not too loud to mess around with in his down time. I think he would like a tank or something, as I think he'd prefer a crawling sort of r/c instead of a super fast one being as he doesn't have a lot of space in his room... I picture him making little things for it to climb over or whatever, since that's what he enjoys to do at home with his rock crawler. I know he doesn't want anything very loud because he works nights over there and when he is awake, everybody else is sleeping .... do you guys have any idea? I've looked at amazon but I can't tell the crap from the really cool stuff.. :/ I know the smaller the better!

anybody have any ideas??? I don't know where else to ask..
I'm not sure how small of a crawler you're looking for. Losi makes a mini crawler(1/18 scale) and two versions of their micro crawler(1/24 scale).
mini
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=LOSB0222
micros
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...dID=LOSB0236BD
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=LOSB0238

Other than Losi, not many companies make minis/micros, much less crawlers that size.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:53 PM
flipside7

Default RE: I need your help!

Get the micro for his room, a mini is too big. He'll be able to set up anywhere anytime, and bother fewer people and things.
They are less expensive, maybe get two!