Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 13 of 143 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Official HPI Savage Flux XS thread...

Yeah, all the XS' TVP's have one part that isimperfect. i think they knew this and shaved it down so it will still fit together correctly.

it does not fit together , i took the whole car aoart hoping it would with no such luck. called hpi and they said it shouldnt be a problem. maybe theyll have a future fix and send it out to us that have this problem.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Honestly, as long as the screw goes through it and holds them together, then its only an aesthetics thing.

ok if you say so , i havnt run it yet , i got it in peices now , what a pain to take this car apart and even do a pinion change. Im gonna try a biger pinion on 2s and 3s in a few days , swap out the radio for my futaba and most likely the servo to the traxxas 2075 before i put it together. even changing the servo looks like a big pain.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

knowing hpi, they wouldnt sell it if it wasnt fine.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: JUSTPASSEDU

ok if you say so , i havnt run it yet , i got it in peices now , what a pain to take this car apart and even do a pinion change. Im gonna try a biger pinion on 2s and 3s in a few days , swap out the radio for my futaba and most likely the servo to the traxxas 2075 before i put it together. even changing the servo looks like a big pain.
    Personally, I find working on any RC a pain. I hate to take them apart.

so do i but this has been the toughest one for me so far and i have built and taken apart allot so you will have no fun with this one trust me. everything is a tight squeeze and a simple pinion change takes 30 minutes to an hour...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Heli's are the worst for me....
    first to own the Mini Slash!
    Amsoil Dealer.. 6XL Revo, Baja 5B, Losi8T, PS295, UL-1, AQ MC, OM29, DF33

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: srt10

Heli's are the worst for me....
    I will agree with you on that..

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

did you guys have to install LVC on the XS?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It has a LVC, you may have to activate it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: dbigfoot111

did you guys have to install LVC on the XS?
    The LVC is already set on the ESC from the factory from what the manual says. I checked mine and they were good to go.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've been reading around. What is it the pinion that you guy are talking about (adjusting/tighten it up) I think i'm going to order one when its back in stock at towerhobbies. What are some adjustments that you guys made after getting truck before actually running it?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've been reading around. What is it the pinion that you guy are talking about (adjusting/tighten it up) I think i'm going to order one when its back in stock at towerhobbies. What are some adjustments that you guys made after getting truck before actually running it?
    I have not done anything to either my XS or my son's XS. And I probably won't unless we break something.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ThunderPower 65c 5300 2S and Dynamite Platinum 5000s also fit.

Just sayin'[&:]
    \"Some people can mess up an anvil with a rubber hammer\" -46u
    If you don\'\'t allow yourself to fail, you\'\'ll never allow yourself to succeed-ThunderbirdJunkie

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

I have not done anything to either my XS or my son's XS. And I probably won't unless we break something.
    T9 great video!!!!! It Really showed bashing the heck out of the XS!!

fastvxl
    Run it like a Lighting Bolt

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

the pinion gear is the cog on the shaft of the motor ... what people have mentioned in this thread relates to the small grub screw that holds the pinion gear to the shaft of the motor coming loose causing the shaft of the motor to spin but not the pinion gear. So there is no need to rush out and buy a pinion gear but if you find yourself pressing the throttle and the motor is revving but the truck won't move than it could be that the pinion gear is loose. hope that made it easier to understand

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

can anyone post a picture of the battery tray for me?
    thanks!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thanks!
    There are several post in this thread that show the battery box. What exactly did you want to see?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: TheKennyKiller

the pinion gear is the cog on the shaft of the motor ... what people have mentioned in this thread relates to the small grub screw that holds the pinion gear to the shaft of the motor coming loose causing the shaft of the motor to spin but not the pinion gear. So there is no need to rush out and buy a pinion gear but if you find yourself pressing the throttle and the motor is revving but the truck won't move than it could be that the pinion gear is loose. hope that made it easier to understand
    your explanation is very good. But if you can, can you please post picture of what it actually is? Picture tell a thousand words

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

thanks!
    There are several post in this thread that show the battery box. What exactly did you want to see?
    Hey thanks man....
    I went back to page one and two, and I guess I need to measure up my 40c Turnigy packs when I get home today to see if they will fit...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I wanted to follow up with a post I made earlier about the pinion coming loose on my XS. Turns out, it was not the pinion (which had so much loctite from the factory, that I twisted my allen keys trying to remove), but the problem was the threads on the drive cup stripped which would not allow the slipper to tighten. There were metal shavings around the slipper pads and after a close inspection, I determined it to be the threads on the drive cup. There was also a lot of loctite used from the factory on the 10mm nut and drive cup. I called HPI and they are sending a replacement. I'm not sure I'm liking the slipper setup on the XS, but I'll have to wait and see how it goes once I replace the drive cup. As others have pointed out, access to the pinion is not a quick task and can take 30-60 min. to replace and put back together.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

why did you lock my post on the fluxx xs? what i was asking nobody has even touched in this thred. this is just everyone saying it looks cool and all that. ridiculous man. atleast forward me to the site and just tell me to go there instead of linking the official thread and locking it.
    -Aerodynamics and turbos are for people who can't build motors.

Ofna LX2e-4s
    Axial SCX10 Jeep
    T-Maxx 2.5

I threw on the 34t high speed pinion the other night , a traxxas 2075 servo aswell and my own radio system. It easily wheelies on 2s with the 34t pinion and the servo is a little bit better than stock. I havnt done a full out run yet to check temps so that's next when I get a chance.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: cumminspower5.9

why did you lock my post on the fluxx xs? what i was asking nobody has even touched in this thred. this is just everyone saying it looks cool and all that. ridiculous man. atleast forward me to the site and just tell me to go there instead of linking the official thread and locking it.
    Here is your post from the other thread. In your post you were asking some questions that were already answered in theis thread or you can find out your answers by visiting the HPI website.

ORIGINAL: cumminspower5.9

So i was looking around at new rc's to possibly get when i have the money (god knows when that is). I saw the savage flux ss. this thing is a killer rc! even though its smaller, it definitely puts my brushless bandit in the dirt. towerhobbies has them for around $300, which is what i bought my bandit for so no big deal. so tell me about this small flux... whats the motor? how long is it? weight? pros and cons of this little moster? thanks guys. im hoping sometime in the near future to won one of these. i love savage but because they are built right, thay are costly
    It is 1/3 smaller than the Savage FLUX HP. Basically a tad shorter than the Stampede. Savage Flux XS is 360mm long.
    The motor and esc are rebadged for HPI from Castle.
    Pros are great and the cons are few and far between.