Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Official HPI Savage Flux XS thread...

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 09:22 AM
cumminspower5.9
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official HPI Savage Flux XS thread...

The rear camber is not adjustable on the RTR XS, just the kit version. The uprights cause this. If you have room to shim, do that instead of worrying about adjusstable links. That's pretty much all you can do. Mine are the same way, but I never worried about it. My tires don't wear odd and the truck drives fine too.

Old 01-30-2013, 12:01 PM
firemanjbi

Ok, How or where do you shim what ???

Old 01-30-2013, 12:04 PM
firemanjbi

I see that you asked about this awhile ago without any response.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:18 PM
cumminspower5.9

Best thing to do, is figure out the way of movement, and try to counteract it or stiffen it up. Shim through all screw holes.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:14 PM
Ken448

ORIGINAL: firemanjbi

Hi guys, real quick question. Ive been looking for hours and cant find the answer. My rear wheels are leaning inward quite a bit. Is this normal ? I cant seem to find anywhere on the XS this can be adjusted. Any help would be awesome.

I would check the hinge pins. Last time I had excessive "camber" in the front, I had a broken hinge pin. If thats not it, then look for the slop (start behind the hex adapter with some shims) Ive noticed as I wear mine in, the wheels get more and more slop in them.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:53 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi guys, real quick question. Ive been looking for hours and cant find the answer. My rear wheels are leaning inward quite a bit. Is this normal ? I cant seem to find anywhere on the XS this can be adjusted. Any help would be awesome.

Just buy the adjustable rear links and then your problem will be solved.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:03 AM
firemanjbi

ORIGINAL: Ken448

Hi guys, real quick question. Ive been looking for hours and cant find the answer. My rear wheels are leaning inward quite a bit. Is this normal ? Icant seem to find anywhere on the XS this can be adjusted. Any help would be awesome.

I would check the hinge pins. Last time I had excessive "camber" in the front, I had a broken hinge pin. If thats not it, then look for the slop (start behind the hex adapter with some shims) Ive noticed as I wear mine in, the wheels get more and more slop in them.
Thanks for the info Ken. This camber problem is in the rear wheels. I'll try the shims on the hex's like you mentioned. Ihave read to order Traxxas p/n 2443. And to get three of them (2) for the front each side and one for rear. Im gonna check on ebay for them.

Aslo gonna pick up a 2075 TRX servo too.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:01 PM
Pootini

Old 02-14-2013, 06:41 AM
007mrdr

Hi guys just got my xs a week ago i was just able to drive it once cause of the bad weather. I have used it with my e revo vxls battery 2s 2200 mah 35-70c turnigy nanotech battery but after 5-10 minutes battery get way too hot then they are supposed to be and they got a little bigger. Why would that happen? I tought maybe because of impact then i put some soft materials in it that would prevent any kind of hard impact but i still have the problem. Btw I have 2x 2s 6000 mah nano tech turnigy on the way!!
Old 02-14-2013, 09:23 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: 007mrdr

Hi guys just got my xs a week ago i was just able to drive it once cause of the bad weather. I have used it with my e revo vxls battery 2s 2200 mah 35-70c turnigy nanotech battery but after 5-10 minutes battery get way too hot then they are supposed to be and they got a little bigger. Why would that happen? I tought maybe because of impact then i put some soft materials in it that would prevent any kind of hard impact but i still have the problem. Btw I have 2x 2s 6000 mah nano tech turnigy on the way!!
Because you need to use a lipo with a larger MAH, sounds like you could have damaged the battery.
Old 02-16-2013, 04:38 PM
dwcook

For my son if i wanted to run NIMH battery in the savage xs what would be the lowest mah battery i should use?

Old 02-21-2013, 12:05 PM
007mrdr

hi guys i am a new savage owner but i have a problem:O my esc is not working properly when i plug the batt in i here a tone then all the lights start flashing and it keeps beeping i have no control of the car it just stays there. when i try to bind the radio i do all the procedures press the setup button on the esc and hold till i turn it on and the red led flashes for a second than take it off and bress the bind button on the radio but then the led must be constant red but it doesnt it keeps flashing then goes and and flashed slowly with long periods. what can the problem be? I think it is something with the reciver ? i am using a 2s lipo thx in advance btw i have that batt issue done i bought a new lipo with 6000mah 25c works great i get a runtime about 45-50 mins full throttle
Old 02-21-2013, 01:43 PM
007mrdr

javascript:mox();I also uploaded a video on youtube.you can check it out. Thanks for all helps
Old 02-22-2013, 12:53 PM
cflchurch

So whats the deal with this truck? I want one but I dont want to be replacing electronics in a few weeks or months. I dont beat on my vehicles and want something thats gonna last. I plan on running nimhs and may go to lipo 2s only but if I need to worry about the esc giving up the ghost , then I want no parts of it.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:18 PM
cumminspower5.9

hi guys i am a new savage owner but i have a problem:O my esc is not working properly when i plug the batt in i here a tone then all the lights start flashing and it keeps beeping i have no control of the car it just stays there. when i try to bind the radio i do all the procedures press the setup button on the esc and hold till i turn it on and the red led flashes for a second than take it off and bress the bind button on the radio but then the led must be constant red but it doesnt it keeps flashing then goes and and flashed slowly with long periods. what can the problem be? I think it is something with the reciver ? i am using a 2s lipo thx in advance btw i have that batt issue done i bought a new lipo with 6000mah 25c works great i get a runtime about 45-50 mins full throttle
You have to bind the radio to the receiver, and you also have to program the speed control (ESC). These are two seperate things you MUST do before running. This is all in the manual.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:20 PM
cumminspower5.9

ORIGINAL: cflchurch

So whats the deal with this truck? I want one but I dont want to be replacing electronics in a few weeks or months. I dont beat on my vehicles and want something thats gonna last. I plan on running nimhs and may go to lipo 2s only but if I need to worry about the esc giving up the ghost , then I want no parts of it.
The esc's were going up in smoke when they first came out. Mine did. It has caused me no issues since I had it replaced, which was about a year ago, so I'm pretty sure they fixed this issue. If it does happen, it is free replacement, but I dont see it happening. 2s will give you a better experience of the power of this truck rather than a NiMH battery. A 2s 5000mah 25c lipo can be had for around $25.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:16 PM
cflchurch

do you have a specific batt in mind? I may pull the trigger tonight or tomorrow. I just wanted the reassurance that the problem was fixed. also on my search I found a cheap simple charger but it needs a power supply and most places are out of them, any idea where or what I can use? Thanks. Brian
Old 02-23-2013, 12:25 PM
007mrdr

ORIGINAL: cflchurch

do you have a specific batt in mind? I may pull the trigger tonight or tomorrow. I just wanted the reassurance that the problem was fixed. also on my search I found a cheap simple charger but it needs a power supply and most places are out of them, any idea where or what I can use? Thanks. Brian
I use the turnigy nano tech 6000mah 2s 25 c lipo batts from hobbyking.com they last about 50-60 minutes and pure fun and power i highly recommend them!!

Old 02-25-2013, 08:33 AM
larryjgarner

check the reciever wires,,,mine were smashed from the factory,or hobby shop,i got mine asa floor model,,,so i cut them,spliced some old traxxas servo wire to it,,,no issues anymore,,,got rid of that motor,too,,,never any issues with esc,,,with stock motor,,esc became very hot ,,,,so i put in another 4pole 4370kv ,,,esc never gets hot now,,,not even warm,,those motors are bad,,,,i use this esc in my merv aswell on 3s sometimes,,,no issues,,i bought this truck wen they first came out,,,so if it was a bad first run,,,would know it i think,,,i just know that the stock motor was not workin out to good,,,after that,,,,the truck isa dream,,,i run this controller with brushed motors too,,,,lol,,,
Old 02-25-2013, 10:17 AM
007mrdr

Hi thanks well i found the problem there was water in the reciever box so i think the reciever got wet, i left it to dry now works as normal and by the way i think of getting the hpi geolanders has anyone tried those ? How are they on overall ofroad conditions not race. And how is the size ckmpared to the stock ines and do they require gear ratio change. ? Thanks
Old 02-25-2013, 10:45 AM
cumminspower5.9

Hi thanks well i found the problem there was water in the reciever box so i think the reciever got wet, i left it to dry now works as normal and by the way i think of getting the hpi geolanders has anyone tried those ? How are they on overall ofroad conditions not race. And how is the size ckmpared to the stock ines and do they require gear ratio change. ? Thanks
The Geolanders are a softer tire, more agressive, but not like the Pro-Line Badlands. I highly recommend the Badlands for any surface. They have amazing grip on any terrain, and do not wear fast at all. I can only see the Geolanders having a little more traction. I guess it all depends on what type of terrain you are running on. Either tire you decide on, gear changing is not necessary.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:21 PM
007mrdr

ORIGINAL: cumminspower5.9

The Geolanders are a softer tire, more agressive, but not like the Pro-Line Badlands. I highly recommend the Badlands for any surface. They have amazing grip on any terrain, and do not wear fast at all. I can only see the Geolanders having a little more traction. I guess it all depends on what type of terrain you are running on. Either tire you decide on, gear changing is not necessary.
thanks for the information. i will be running on all terrains mud dirt grass road pavemnt soil maybe sand. which one will you reccomend for these kind of surfaces? do you mean the 3.2" or the 2.8" badlands? i guess 2.8" i will probably be getting them from ebay because i live in Turkey and the hobby stores here are just crap. wont the change in the tire size cause heat problems? what do you yourself use for ur xs? and i am using 2s batteries.are these the correct ones? www.ebay.com/itm/390547992362thanks and btw i really like your signature

Old 02-25-2013, 12:41 PM
cumminspower5.9

thanks for the information. i will be running on all terrains mud dirt grass road pavemnt soil maybe sand. which one will you reccomend for these kind of surfaces? do you mean the 3.2" or the 2.8" badlands? i guess 2.8" i will probably be getting them from ebay because i live in Turkey and the hobby stores here are just crap. wont the change in the tire size cause heat problems? what do you yourself use for ur xs? and i am using 2s batteries.are these the correct ones? www.ebay.com/itm/390547992362thanks and btw i really like your signature

With running on those terrains, I would recommend the Badlands. Not sure how they would do on sand tho. My XS is running the 2.2" Badlands. If you go to the 2.8" or 3.2" ones, you will have heat/gearing problems, but I don't see why you would need any tire size other than a 2.2" for this truck.
I couldn't click the ebay link cause my work blocks it lol, but as long as it is a 25c minimum lipo, you will have no problems.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:49 PM
007mrdr

With running on those terrains, I would recommend the Badlands. Not sure how they would do on sand tho. My XS is running the 2.2" Badlands. If you go to the 2.8" or 3.2" ones, you will have heat/gearing problems, but I don't see why you would need any tire size other than a 2.2" for this truck.
I couldn't click the ebay link cause my work blocks it lol, but as long as it is a 25c minimum lipo, you will have no problems.
oh i tought there were only 2.8 amd 3.2 wheels then i will most probably be getting the 2.2 badlands thanks a lot for the help!

Old 02-25-2013, 12:50 PM
cumminspower5.9

No problem. The stock rims on the XS are 2.2" rims, so you want tot get the 2.2" Badlands as well. Let us know how you like them when you get them!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.