Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 14 of 143 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

RE: Official HPI Savage Flux XS thread...

ORIGINAL: Fastvxl

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

ORIGINAL: dbigfoot111

I've been reading around. What is it the pinion that you guy are talking about (adjusting/tighten it up) I think i'm going to order one when its back in stock at towerhobbies. What are some adjustments that you guys made after getting truck before actually running it?
    I have not done anything to either my XS or my son's XS. And I probably won't unless we break something.
    T9 great video!!!!! It Really showed bashing the heck out of the XS!!

fastvxl

THANKS for the compliment.... I will be posting a video of it on 3s tonight..

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

ORIGINAL: cumminspower5.9

why did you lock my post on the fluxx xs? what i was asking nobody has even touched in this thred. this is just everyone saying it looks cool and all that. ridiculous man. atleast forward me to the site and just tell me to go there instead of linking the official thread and locking it.
    Here is your post from the other thread. In your post you were asking some questions that were already answered in theis thread or you can find out your answers by visiting the HPI website.

So i was looking around at new rc's to possibly get when i have the money (god knows when that is). I saw the savage flux ss. this thing is a killer rc! even though its smaller, it definitely puts my brushless bandit in the dirt. towerhobbies has them for around $300, which is what i bought my bandit for so no big deal. so tell me about this small flux... whats the motor? how long is it? weight? pros and cons of this little moster? thanks guys. im hoping sometime in the near future to won one of these. i love savage but because they are built right, thay are costly
    It is 1/3 smaller than the Savage FLUX HP. Basically a tad shorter than the Stampede. Savage Flux XS is 360mm long.
    The motor and esc are rebadged for HPI from Castle.
    Pros are great and the cons are few and far between.

Thanks! Thats just some of the info i wanted to know. It will definitely help me in the future if i plan to purchase
    -Aerodynamics and turbos are for people who can't build motors.

Ofna LX2e-4s
    Axial SCX10 Jeep
    T-Maxx 2.5

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

T9 if you run 3s on stock gearing you will overheat the engine quick. Read the manual it shows the pinions to use for 3s. I will be trying 3s later with the 34t , I know I upped it a bit much but hey it's in the manual and if the motor can't take it , it's warrantied.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: JUSTPASSEDU
    ...hey it's in the manual and if the motor can't take it , it's warrantied.
    Love it! Will you post some vids too??

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

mines at customs.....Hurry up!!!![&:]
    Tamiya cc01, AE RC18R, HPI Savage Flux XS, HPI E-Firestorm Flux.

T9 if you run 3s on stock gearing you will overheat the engine quick. Read the manual it shows the pinions to use for 3s. I will be trying 3s later with the 34t , I know I upped it a bit much but hey it's in the manual and if the motor can't take it , it's warrantied.
    Where in the manual?

Kingston UK, but living in Athens, GREECE
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

why did you lock my post on the fluxx xs? what i was asking nobody has even touched in this thred. this is just everyone saying it looks cool and all that. ridiculous man. atleast forward me to the site and just tell me to go there instead of linking the official thread and locking it.
    Maybe so you can post your questions in this thread where everyone else is discussing the model, and every single one of your questions has already been answered, but also to avoid splitting up the discussion, so that insights are in the proper place where everyone can benefit from them? Yeh I guess that's just ridiculous, what was I thinking.
    Down with the crew known to pump up the bass...
    We rock the joint at a cool, steady pace.
    Foxy
    RCU Community Moderator

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Towards the back there is a chart also if you call hpi they will tell you this. Same as it's big brother . I guess it shouldn't be a big deal just watch your temps. As for videos I can try sometime but I never really put videos online , guess I'd have to find someone toehold the camera for me.

ORIGINAL: Foxy

Maybe so you can post your questions in this thread where everyone else is discussing the model, and every single one of your questions has already been answered, but also to avoid splitting up the discussion, so that insights are in the proper place where everyone can benefit from them? Yeh I guess that's just ridiculous, what was I thinking.
    Well you see, i was thinking that the thread was specifically for xs owners, since most threads are created by users/owners of a certain rc. Since i dont have one, i figured where i posted was an acceptable spot. Guess not. what was i thinking...
    -Aerodynamics and turbos are for people who can't build motors.

Ofna LX2e-4s
    Axial SCX10 Jeep
    T-Maxx 2.5

Towards the back there is a chart also if you call hpi they will tell you this. Same as it's big brother . I guess it shouldn't be a big deal just watch your temps. As for videos I can try sometime but I never really put videos online , guess I'd have to find someone toehold the camera for me.
    Really, I never changed the pinion on the Savage Flux when running 6s.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This should be good.[&:]
    Tamiya cc01, AE RC18R, HPI Savage Flux XS, HPI E-Firestorm Flux.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

anyone done any wheel/tire changes yet??
    first to own the Mini Slash!
    Amsoil Dealer.. 6XL Revo, Baja 5B, Losi8T, PS295, UL-1, AQ MC, OM29, DF33

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ok I just ran it on 3s , 34t pinion and stock spur. It is very very fast , compared to my mugen Eco which right now is set up for about 100mph+ , this lil xs seems just as fast , prob about 70mph , something around there , oR at at least feels like it compared to the mugen I have. The only problem is it shut off after 5 mins of running ,esc has a solid orange or yellow light on , waited about 40 seconds and it worked again. Motor was screaming hot & esc aswell. I'm kinda pissed bc it's a new car and hpi Advertises the34t and 3s in the manual but what's the point if it overheats I'm pissed . I really don't wanna have to take the motor out again and send it back and I don't wanna change pinions , I liked the way it drove , easy back flips , very fast top end and fun as all he'll. T9 check your temps I hope you have better luck with the smaller pinion. It may just be perfect but won't produce the top end my 34t does for me which I like because I run in very wide open spaces most of the time except for today which was just up and down a smooth street , freshly paved.

Oh t9 on my big flux I changed the pinion to a higher one , all my gears came bullet proof so I just changed the idler gear I believe for a more aggressive ratio and it was hardened , gave me a higher top end , only thing I disliked about the big savage was the wheel situation which there 17mm hex situation was a joke , they needed to have the hex hubs like most cars and trucks come with. Great truck though , to big for me right now , I don't have the space.

Also just ripped two tires right off the rim.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The information in this thread is all we have right now, I don't think people are holding back. People just got their hands on these things and information is slim right now.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Foxy

Foxy, you crazy man! Cummins, you too!

I assume my XS is sitting next to Red's in customs. It doesn't matter, I'm going to be away for two weeks and can't touch it anyways.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Red, I just checked and mine is through customs.  It may arrive tomorrow morning.

A heads up to anyone near Toronto:  http://www.thehobbyshow.com/Toronto_International_Centre.html

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW

I completed a STANDING BACK FLIP.........................

DOES ANYONE WANT TO SEE?????????????????

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

HEEEEEEECK YEEEAAH!!!![/b] (I wanted to be the first)[/b]

dam you T9 you and your standing backflip made me post here again... can I see please

ARE YOU GUYS REALLY SURE YOU WANT TO SEE IT.....

Get ready to hold on to your panties.......
    The standing backflips are coming.............
    They are downloading.......

I can't wait any moree

Well here they are....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEW8M5Cpi3M[/youtube]

what was your setup T9?