Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Official HPI Savage Flux XS thread...

Old 09-26-2011, 05:13 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Official HPI Savage Flux XS thread...

ORIGINAL: Wheelnut

ORIGINAL: Johnbalz

Any word on when the next batch of XS's are shipping and if they did anything different with the ESC's?
Everytime I look at A-main hobbies site the date moves up. A week ago it was at Late Sept. Then it moved to 10/7.
Tower is keeping the date as Late Sept.

From what I understand the esc doesn't have a problem unless you run 3s. Is that right? And I believe from a review video I saw, 3s is entirely unnecessary.
There have been issues running the ESC on 2s and 3s.
Old 09-26-2011, 05:16 AM
t9dragon

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

Well, the money was burning a hole in my pocket so I went out and got a mini Summit. I like it a lot, although the suspension is really soft right out of the box. It will need some thicker shock oil for sure. It was surprisingly fast and torquey on one 6 cell nimh.
As soon as the Flux becomes available in my area, I will get one of those as well. That way, my son and I can take turns seeing who's the best
Well, typical RCUniverse is having trouble with pics again so here you go

[img][/img]
Would post your non-Savage XS posts somewhere else?

Your being a little over the top aren't you??
I was saying I got this because the ''Flux XS'' is not in my area at the moment but still plan on getting one as soon as one gets in stocl.
Nope I am not being over the top, just tired of all the post that have nothing to do with the Savage XS.

Get over it, every post in every thread is never going to be ''EXACTLY'' on topic. and complaining about it won't help either. That is the last I will say about it.
LMAO.........................
Old 09-26-2011, 05:42 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't mind if the topic sways a little, but T9 is right, let's try a little harder to stick to the little savage. Remember there's always PMs for passing coupons around, etc. Thanks.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:01 AM
spena

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey guys lovin my xs after i fixed that steering issue however my I keep spining out after a high/semi high speed turn. Is this the stock tire's grip issue or just tweaking the castle link settings?Me and my buddies play tag with our MTrcs on road, grass and dirt.

edit:
running on 2s and all stock
Old 09-26-2011, 09:13 AM
t9dragon

ORIGINAL: spena

hey guys lovin my xs after i fixed that steering issue however my I keep spining out after a high/semi high speed turn. Is this the stock tire's grip issue or just tweaking the castle link settings? Me and my buddies play tag with our MT rcs on road, grass and dirt.

edit:
running on 2s and all stock
Once the tires get coated in the dirt and grime they start loosing some traction. Also a little throttle control will also elimante some of the spin outs.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:40 AM
nitro-rob

Mine just arrived.  I think I am the last of the first wave of guys in here to get mine.  I don't know what the problem was.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:59 AM
Peloche

Congrats Rob,

ORIGINAL: nitro-rob

Mine just arrived. I think I am the last of the first wave of guys in here to get mine. I don't know what the problem was.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:09 PM
redfisher1974

Mine just arrived. I think I am the last of the first wave of guys in here to get mine. I don't know what the problem was.
Break it in easy with the 2s....Then give her the full 3s treatment...
Old 09-26-2011, 12:10 PM
redfisher1974

Oh and if it does not smoke, take it out and send it to me...
Old 09-26-2011, 12:11 PM
Zoocity

ORIGINAL: redfisher1974

Break it in easy with the 2s....Then give her the full 3s treatment...
Are you trying to literally make him "break" it in??

Old 09-26-2011, 12:15 PM
redfisher1974

Maybe......[:-]
Old 09-26-2011, 12:52 PM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

Any word on when the next batch of XS's are shipping and if they did anything different with the ESC's?
Everytime I look at A-main hobbies site the date moves up. A week ago it was at Late Sept. Then it moved to 10/7.
Tower is keeping the date as Late Sept.

From what I understand the esc doesn't have a problem unless you run 3s. Is that right? And I believe from a review video I saw, 3s is entirely unnecessary.
There have been issues running the ESC on 2s and 3s.
Well, that puts the brakes on for me wanting to get one until they get the kinks worked out. I will keep my ears open for what HPI says. Or what the heck, I may just get one anyway and let them deal with warranty issues and drive my Mini Summit while repairs are going on. Maybe I'll get lucky and have no problems.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:46 PM
redfisher1974

We always see some type of flaw when dealing with new RC's. It will be worked out.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:58 PM
hereticgod
My Feedback: (9)

I just wanted to say I got mine off tower about 3 weeks after the first people on here got theirs, I have ran 5 packs through it so far only on 2s but each pack my esc was barely warm to the touch and I was on loose dirt for around 20min each pack pretty much full throttle the whole time.
Old 09-26-2011, 04:20 PM
redfisher1974

Sounds good, How do you like it?
Old 09-26-2011, 04:28 PM
t9dragon

Man.... This sucks.... I need parts to fix my XS but no one has any including HPI. You would think HPI would at least have parts for warranty claims. I had both of my XS in the last 2 days lose radio contact and take off WOT and one went up a grassy hill and the other one hit a brick wall head-on causing the front left axle to bend...
Old 09-26-2011, 05:41 PM
RCJuice

Man.... This sucks.... I need parts to fix my XS but no one has any including HPI. You would think HPI would at least have parts for warranty claims. I had both of my XS in the last 2 days lose radio contact and take off WOT and one went up a grassy hill and the other one hit a brick wall head-on causing the front left axle to bend...
Wow that really sucks... any idea why it happened? I thought that was a thing of the past with 2.4ghz radios andthe built in fail-safes?
Old 09-26-2011, 06:00 PM
cooper998

HPI support finally sent me a new esc and motor as well as a new body to fix my current XS (have #2 coming on Thursday). Parts look like take offs from built vehicles so they are probably from the same batch. Someone mentioned the battery could be at fault since it was a 20c pack but these have been working in my Flux HP for the last few month's without a problem, don't see how a difference of 5 could really make that much of a difference in performance.
Looks like I will be going to a 2s pack for the new one and I'll have to wait till HPI releases their option tranny gear(105809 page 26 of manual) to allow a 26 tooth pinion to be used then I'll go back to the 3s

coop
Old 09-26-2011, 08:28 PM
t9dragon

ORIGINAL: cooper998

HPI support finally sent me a new esc and motor as well as a new body to fix my current XS (have #2 coming on Thursday). Parts look like take offs from built vehicles so they are probably from the same batch. Someone mentioned the battery could be at fault since it was a 20c pack but these have been working in my Flux HP for the last few month's without a problem, don't see how a difference of 5 could really make that much of a difference in performance.
Looks like I will be going to a 2s pack for the new one and I'll have to wait till HPI releases their option tranny gear(105809 page 26 of manual) to allow a 26 tooth pinion to be used then I'll go back to the 3s

coop
HPI recommends a lipo with a "C" rating of 25 or higher for the Savage FluX HP as well as the Savage XS.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:35 PM
t9dragon

Wow that really sucks... any idea why it happened? I thought that was a thing of the past with 2.4ghz radios andthe built in fail-safes?
I am not sure exactly what happened. I was running mine thru the soccer field and when I went to turn it around there was no response and it went up the hill. As for my son's it happened 3 times first time it also went up the hill like mine than the second time it was WOT and my son was able to regain control than the third time it went WOT in 3 big circles each time getting closer to the brick wall and than hitting it head on on the forth time around. I am just surprised that there was more damage than a bent axle and torn up the cup on the axle to the wheel.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:56 PM
RCJuice

Placed my order!!!! Now I just wait. And wait. And wait.
Maybe wishful thinking but maybe they'll have some ESC updates on the second batch.
Old 09-26-2011, 11:10 PM
fb5b

Typical isn't it? A truck with a castle manufactured esc having esc problems, I'm seeing a direct correlation!

Savage Flux HP had it, Castle SCT 2s kit has it, these Sidewinder ESC;s can't handle the load of a 4 pole motor, check the SV2 combos, heaps of fried ESC's there too.

More castle c#ap!
Old 09-27-2011, 03:16 AM
nitro-rob

It won't stop me from buying castle but I never intended on running the stock ESC and likely the motor anyways.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:40 AM
spena

what kind of tire options we have for the xs? the stock tires are giving out for me and i dont think there are any foams on the stock
Old 09-27-2011, 10:43 AM
t9dragon

ORIGINAL: spena

what kind of tire options we have for the xs? the stock tires are giving out for me and i dont think there are any foams on the stock
The manual has some tire and wheel options listed in the back.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.