Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Official HPI Savage Flux XS thread...

Old 01-09-2012, 11:26 AM
cumminspower5.9
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official HPI Savage Flux XS thread...

also what do you guys suggest for a discharge rate? i have ready to order a 25c 2s lipo. is that good enough? i've heard that 30c is better.

Old 01-09-2012, 02:11 PM
gdiddy13

30c is definately better imo. 25c is the minimum for this truck.

What are some thoughts about aluminum rear uprights? I'm not in to aluminum but this seems like the only choice right now. Are they going to hold up better than the plastic ones?
Old 01-09-2012, 02:40 PM
cumminspower5.9

ORIGINAL: gdiddy13

What are some thoughts about aluminum rear uprights? I'm not in to aluminum but this seems like the only choice right now. Are they going to hold up better than the plastic ones?
hmmm. ill have to see if i can find a duratrax 5000mah 30c 2s lipo. aluminum rear uprights would be good. my buddy already broke the back one. loctite super glue held up pretty good. too bad no aftermarket or even stock parts available now lol. I would buy aluminum ones though.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:54 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: cumminspower5.9

ORIGINAL: gdiddy13

hmmm. ill have to see if i can find a duratrax 5000mah 30c 2s lipo. aluminum rear uprights would be good. my buddy already broke the back one. loctite super glue held up pretty good. too bad no aftermarket or even stock parts available now lol. I would buy aluminum ones though.
I have been able to order a few stock parts for the LHS for the XS, but I mostly get all of my replacement parts off of ebay.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:09 PM
nitro-rob

ummmmm, the higher the C rating the better it will always be. I assume you mean what is a minimum to run? Depends on the battery amperage. People are usually quoting 5000 mah batteries when they give Cs.

also what do you guys suggest for a discharge rate? i have ready to order a 25c 2s lipo. is that good enough? i've heard that 30c is better.

Old 01-10-2012, 05:26 AM
cumminspower5.9

ORIGINAL: nitro-rob

ummmmm, the higher the C rating the better it will always be. I assume you mean what is a minimum to run? Depends on the battery amperage. People are usually quoting 5000 mah batteries when they give Cs.

yea right now i have ready to order a duratrax onyx 2s 5000mah 25c lipo
Old 01-10-2012, 09:33 AM
bryman021

well guess what? my esc took a dump last night! plugged in a battery and the esc make a popping sound, but there was not any smoke. it still powers up and leds work, but will not beep the motor and it will sometimes run the motor but is very weak. i put the esc from my firestorm in it to test the motor and the motor seems fine. also put the suspect esc in the firestorm and same issues. weird that it still powers up and half-ass functions? anybody else had an esc problem like this?

HPI is gonna replace it of course, but think a mmp is gonna go on it

Old 01-10-2012, 12:10 PM
cumminspower5.9

For all you guys having issue with the esc and having them crap out, are you running 3s lipos? Just wondering cause the most im gonna run thru mine is a 2s lipo. its quick enough with a 2s to still be fun and controllable.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:27 PM
reut1

i know i saw this a while back in the thread but I dont want to re-read all the pages for the answer. Im very tempted to get back into RC with this truck and i cant remember if ti was recommended that the battery leads come out the end of the pack or out of the top of the pack. what is preferred for the battery box?
Old 01-10-2012, 02:43 PM
cumminspower5.9

ORIGINAL: reut1

i know i saw this a while back in the thread but I dont want to re-read all the pages for the answer. Im very tempted to get back into RC with this truck and i cant remember if ti was recommended that the battery leads come out the end of the pack or out of the top of the pack. what is preferred for the battery box?
i would think they are better coming off in the corner top of the battery.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:51 AM
Darksins

On my savage xs i ran a couple packs thru my xs and the slipper nut loosened a couple of times so i tightend it and then it slipped off again so i ttok apart my transmission and the spacer on the other side of the slipper hub melted? question is has anyone had this problem before and was there a alternate fix to it?..or is the stock part sufficient enough?
Old 01-11-2012, 12:00 PM
tmdz28

ORIGINAL: Darksins

On my savage xs i ran a couple packs thru my xs and the slipper nut loosened a couple of times so i tightend it and then it slipped off again so i ttok apart my transmission and the spacer on the other side of the slipper hub melted? question is has anyone had this problem before and was there a alternate fix to it?..or is the stock part sufficient enough?
are you talking about the black plastic part? yes, it happened to me. If you ordered a replacement parts, they'll give you two of that spacer. I am thinking about putting a metal washer between the plastic spacer and the metal pin that it's hold up against.

But, if you keep an eye on the slipper nut, make sure it is NOT loose, the plastic spacer should not melt.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:51 PM
Darksins

Thanks TMDZ i already ordered the replacement part for it and i will do that..i hope the metal washer does the job..i will keep a eye on that slipper nut because it does like to come loose but i also have loc-tite that im going to apply on the thread part..that help alot thanks for the advice!
Old 01-12-2012, 08:45 AM
alexhunter

ORIGINAL: Blitz813

So... I'm no longer impressed with the HR cups. After a few short runs, say 15 minutes, the cups on the back side of tranny sheared right in half. The stock ones didn't even do that after like 20 runs,which included some 3s action. The HR cups never even seen 3s.
My HR cup just broke in half when I put the set screw in. Tightened the screw, heard a snap, and sure enough, clean break just like your picture.

Old 01-12-2012, 12:44 PM
tmdz28

ORIGINAL: alexhunter

So... I'm no longer impressed with the HR cups. After a few short runs, say 15 minutes, the cups on the back side of tranny sheared right in half. The stock ones didn't even do that after like 20 runs,which included some 3s action. The HR cups never even seen 3s.
My HR cup just broke in half when I put the set screw in. Tightened the screw, heard a snap, and sure enough, clean break just like your picture.

Do they offer some kind of warranty? the edges of my front one chipped after literally 2 minutes run. Just wondering who should I call.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:55 PM
cumminspower5.9

Man taxes need to get released and come back soon cause i am getting very impatient waiting to get this truck. Is there anything i should replace almost instantly on the truck when i get it? i've already got a high torque hitec servo along with pro-line badlands with a venom procharger, 2s lipo, and the flux on my wishlist, so all i have to do is click buy and im all set
Old 01-12-2012, 01:54 PM
nitro-rob

I am going to take mine apart tonight and check it out.  I assume this means that the spur and slipper are tighter with the extra spacer?  I found the slipper to be pretty loose and tightened it up a lot from where it says to and still blew a set of pads in 20 or so packs (a lot of 3s though...).
Old 01-12-2012, 01:58 PM
nitro-rob

Which spacer?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77359.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	1713160  
Old 01-12-2012, 03:02 PM
tmdz28

As you can see, that spacer is pressed against a metal pin. IF your slipper is loose, it will grind itself against that pin. I believe putting a washer in there will help some. BUT, the biggest help is to make sure your slipper nut is NOT loose.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:35 PM
Blitz813

Man that sucks, but it makes me feel better that its just not my bad luck. They will not be getting another dime of my money.

Old 01-12-2012, 04:40 PM
Blitz813

ORIGINAL: tmdz28

Do they offer some kind of warranty? the edges of my front one chipped after literally 2 minutes run. Just wondering who should I call.
I am wondering this as well. They have an email address on their site: [email protected]

It may be of some service.

Old 01-12-2012, 11:52 PM
Darksins

its the 105308 spacer its right next to the z203 pin on the backside of the slipper hub..my spacer melted and i had to order the part again..but when you order the replacement part and type in 105308...it comes with the whole transmission case with other plastic parts for $8 bucks..worth it but hopefully adding the metal washer helps a little..and a little loc-tite in the slipper nut would help more..when it melted i thought my slipper nut was just loose and the truck wouldnt move..after i took apart the transmission i saw it melted..so i ordered a new spacer
Old 01-13-2012, 04:07 AM
reut1

ordered my XS last night! gonna tighten everything up once it comes in so hopefully the spacer wont melt on me immediately. if it does ill figure out some solution for it
Old 01-13-2012, 11:00 AM
tmdz28

ORIGINAL: reut1

ordered my XS last night! gonna tighten everything up once it comes in so hopefully the spacer wont melt on me immediately. if it does ill figure out some solution for it
It wont melt. Mine melted due to speed runs that i did with a very loose slipper clutch. After the runs, my slipper clutch was smoking, i literally saw smoke coming out of the gear box LOL.

So, if you notice that your car does not pull as hard, STOP immediately and check your slipper clutch and you should be fine for a long time.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:10 PM
RCJuice

ORIGINAL: tmdz28

I am wondering this as well. They have an email address on their site: [email protected]

It may be of some service.

I had ahardened gearset for my Jato and one ofthegears come apart prematurely. I sent Hot Racing literally about a dozen e-mails to that address and never heard anything from them.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.