Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Official HPI Savage Flux XS thread...

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 04:12 PM
RCJuice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official HPI Savage Flux XS thread...

ORIGINAL: VanyaV

Hey guys!
I am new to this forum. Reading it has helped me a lot and saved me a lot of time , so thank you all
My ESCfried in 5 minutes on 2s lipo.
My wife sugested we take the HPIto small claims court forselling a product that is defective in many ways. Ichose not to (maybe i should of)
I got Mamba max Pro and new servo (Servo died the second day after mamba install). All seems to be good now besides screws striping like they are made of chese (7 so far , i replace them with Trex600 screws)
i wrote a email to RPMasking them to make stuff for savage XS. RPMmakes great stuff.

Here is their response.
Dear Vanya,
Unfortunately there aren't any plans for parts for the HPI Savage Flux XS at the moment, but that can change at any time. Up until just a few weeks ago, we only had one or two requests for parts for that mini monster. Please continue to be patient with us and with a little luck, hopefully we'll have something available for you in the not too distant future.
Take care and thank you for your interest and support of RPM products. If you have any other questions or comments, please feel free to send us another e-mail.

I think we all need to write to them so they make us parts
Thanx guys!
Vanya

LOL! Small claims court overan ESC!? Good luck with that...
Justcall HPI or send them an e-mail, andsend in your fried ESC. They will send you (just like they have for several here on this threadand I'm sure plenty of others) a new ESC.

Old 01-26-2012, 04:44 PM
nitro-rob

Yeah, that wouldn't go very far.  You can't take people to court who are willing to resolve the issue.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:48 PM
Rustproofcorn

Hey guys!
I am new to this forum. Reading it has helped me a lot and saved me a lot of time , so thank you all
My ESCfried in 5 minutes on 2s lipo.
My wife sugested we take the HPIto small claims court forselling a product that is defective in many ways. Ichose not to (maybe i should of)
I got Mamba max Pro and new servo (Servo died the second day after mamba install). All seems to be good now besides screws striping like they are made of chese (7 so far , i replace them with Trex600 screws)
i wrote a email to RPMasking them to make stuff for savage XS. RPMmakes great stuff.

Here is their response.
Dear Vanya,
Unfortunately there aren't any plans for parts for the HPI Savage Flux XS at the moment, but that can change at any time. Up until just a few weeks ago, we only had one or two requests for parts for that mini monster. Please continue to be patient with us and with a little luck, hopefully we'll have something available for you in the not too distant future.
Take care and thank you for your interest and support of RPM products. If you have any other questions or comments, please feel free to send us another e-mail.

I think we all need to write to them so they make us parts
Thanx guys!
Vanya
seems a bit extreme. gl with your new ESC.

on another note. my xs the tires for it and the batteries for it have all shipped today. i did 2nd day air so they should be here monday. yay!

Old 01-26-2012, 05:06 PM
209mark123

I see no point in taking them to court. My experience is that hpi has great customer support, and they are great about honroing their warranty.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:05 PM
VanyaV

I did not take them to court and i will not.
BUT, the product is deffective in many ways . Good customer service or not , you can not keep selling crap if you know it is crap and they know after almost 5 months.
ESC is ****, the screws are **** , the servo is **** , the tires are ****ty.
I would not take them to court for only ESC . Never mind that. Iwas just trying to get people to emailRPMso they make us parts for the savage XS.

Old 01-27-2012, 02:40 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did not take them to court and i will not.
BUT, the product is deffective in many ways . Good customer service or not , you can not keep selling crap if you know it is crap and they know after almost 5 months.
ESC is ****, the screws are **** , the servo is **** , the tires are ****ty.
I would not take them to court for only ESC . Never mind that. I was just trying to get people to email RPM so they make us parts for the savage XS.

Interesting that the parts you are complaining about RPM doesn't make.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:03 PM
nitro-rob

I love the XS but wasn't looking for an RTR.  The RTR was just a means to get a chassis.  Screws have been fine with me but I swap them out as I go and all stock tires are crappy thats no surprise.  Its a 300 dollar truck.  I'm certain HPI isn't in love with the ESC problems and this isn't a plan to rip the public off. 

Where approx are you in Ontario?

Old 01-27-2012, 10:03 PM
VanyaV

I know that i might be whining too much. It is true that you get what you pay for and $300 is not that much.
It just makes me a little angry that 5 months into production , people are still having problems with it (ESC).I will seize my *****ing now
I am in Ottawa.

Old 01-30-2012, 01:26 PM
Rustproofcorn

xs is out for delivery. anyone know what i should do as far as tightening stuff up before my first run?
Old 01-30-2012, 01:27 PM
Rustproofcorn

xs is out for delivery. anyone know what i should do as far as tightening stuff up before my first run?
Old 01-30-2012, 03:33 PM
Rustproofcorn

just received it via ups. anyone know what i need to do before running it?
Old 01-30-2012, 04:38 PM
tmdz28

ORIGINAL: Rustproofcorn

just received it via ups. anyone know what i need to do before running it?
Yes,

1) turn on computer go to hpi website then go to file warranty claim page or have HPI customer service number on speed dial.
2) connect battery to esc, play nicely for 5 - 15 minutes
3) see if esc goes up in smoke and/or stop working
4) if yes, see step 1, if no see step 2

Rinse and repeat!

Old 01-30-2012, 05:51 PM
VanyaV

tighten and use threadlock on the pinion gear.
Replace esc with mamba max pro or something nice like that .
Replace screws as you go , one by one .
The rest of it is good . (to me so far anyways)
and yes, have HPI's warranty number ready. Plug and pray if you use stock ESC.

Old 01-30-2012, 06:08 PM
Rustproofcorn

Well I charged my battery changed the tires and it went like a rapped ape. Whew it was awesome. Then ten minutes later it lost power so I changed the battery. It still goes but only 2 mph. What is wrong with this thing? 2s lipo I have re synced the controller.  Reverse still seems to work. Please help
Old 01-30-2012, 06:14 PM
hereticgod
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: Rustproofcorn

Well I charged my battery changed the tires and it went like a rapped ape. Whew it was awesome. Then ten minutes later it lost power so I changed the battery. It still goes but only 2 mph. What is wrong with this thing? 2s lipo I have re synced the controller. Reverse still seems to work. Please help
Your pinion gear off the motor probably came loose or your slipper needs to be tightened those are always the first things you check on a new xs. Loctite the grub screw on the pinion and check your slipper.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:17 PM
Rustproofcorn

Thanks I'm gonna go try and see where those r. Lol
Old 01-30-2012, 06:42 PM
Rustproofcorn

Holy crap. Just to get to the pinion gear you have to dismantle the whole thing?

Old 01-30-2012, 07:22 PM
Rustproofcorn

I got it apart but looks like the pinion is fine. Or is it? It lines up with the other gear in there. Sheesh what do I do? I'm gonna leave it apart untill I hear back
Old 01-30-2012, 10:05 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Rustproofcorn, Jang did a good job of showing you how to get to it here.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elwC_NFDzc0[/youtube]

If you are having problems with forward, but reverse works, unfortunately that sounds like an ESC issue. Alternatively they may not have fixed the diff shim issue, which is far easier to resolve than putting a pinion gear on (which is backwards compared to most RCs)
Old 01-31-2012, 09:06 AM
cumminspower5.9
My Feedback: (4)

Hey guys. I've browsed through this thread several times. Im about to buy my flux xs here in a few weeks. Just wanna go over a few things...

-What needs to be checked/tightened/added to the truck before running it?
-Any adjustments before first run?
-Is the stock steering servo that bad? i have ready to purchase, a futaba high torque servo.
-I've got ready to purchase Pro-Line Badlands. Should be better off-road than stock tires.

Am i all set to go with this beast?
Old 01-31-2012, 09:08 AM
cumminspower5.9
My Feedback: (4)

Hey guys. I've browsed through this thread several times. Im about to buy my flux xs here in a few weeks. Just wanna go over a few things...

-What needs to be checked/tightened/added to the truck before running it?
-Any adjustments before first run?
-Is the stock steering servo that bad? i have ready to purchase, a futaba high torque servo.
-I've got ready to purchase Pro-Line Badlands. Should be better off-road than stock tires.
-Has the esc crapping out so quickly and easily been resolved yet?

Old 01-31-2012, 09:16 AM
Rustproofcorn

so last night i took out the tranny and motor. i ajusted the slipper clutch by tightening all the way then backing off a 1/4 turn. then i took off the pinion gear which was meshing but the grub screw was rather loose. i tighted the grub screw but no lock tight at this time since i have none. then i put it all together and it worked again like a raped ape but only for 5 minutes again. the difference this time is that it wont go forward or in reverse it just rev's the motor. would this be the pinion again?

Edit: i forgot to mention that the motor was extremly hot! i could tell because i was runing in about 3" of powder and the snow would drop onto the motor and sizzle.

Double Edit: i have the motor and tranny out. now the slipper clutch just spins freely. i guess i need to take the housing off?
Old 01-31-2012, 10:45 AM
Rustproofcorn

well i tighted the slipper clutch again and it worked again for a few minutes. i actually got some jumps in this time. now the truck still has plenty of power but has lost the front wheel drive. the rear still go like a raped ape. however the front dont do much. the front right wheel will spin really slowly at full throttle but the left does nothing. when i spin by hand  they dont both turn like they did. ugh this truck. i was just supposed to be able to run this thing out of the box. all the dog bones are there. i really dont know how or where to start with this.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:23 PM
rc theman

Check the pins on the hexs, I broke one on the first and it acted like yours, after that mine is fine. Best of luck!
Old 01-31-2012, 01:26 PM
RCJuice

I had a problem with my XS similar to this that drove me NUTS for a while.  Under throttle I could hear a clicking noise and I could tell that the rear wheels were not turning.  If I held it on the ground I could see the rear driveshaft and differential drive cup turning but the wheels weren't.  I had shimmed the diff, the ring and pinion were perfect and the hex pins were fine.  What it turned out being was that there was a lot of freeplay in the rear driveshaft, so it wasn't "pushing" on the drive cup for the pinion gear, so the pin inside the pinion gear was popping out and not turning the pinion.  I used some little pieces of fuel line tubing inside the cups and finally took care of it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.