Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Official HPI Savage Flux XS thread...

Old 02-02-2012, 06:18 PM
hereticgod
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official HPI Savage Flux XS thread...

ORIGINAL: Rustproofcorn

how do you waterproof a esc?
I use the corrosion x method, squirrel uses liquid electrical tape both work great. You can also find videos on the corrosion x method.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:33 PM
Rustproofcorn

would my vxl system in my rustler work in the xs?

or will this work even? http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXBLCE&P=EP
Old 02-02-2012, 06:55 PM
dspdrew

I have had this truck for about a month now, and probably have gotten about 90 minutes of drive time. When it's running it's awesome, It was just hard to get through one battery without it breaking. Ihave replaced almost every part on this thing already, some because they were breaking, and some just because I wanted the better parts. I have gotten almost every Hot Racing part for it, and a lot of those parts I haven't even ran it with yet, I'm hoping their CVDs last longer than the HPI ones did. If the Hot Racing ones break after 10 minutes like the HPI CVDs and dog bones, I will probably just go back to buying dog bones.. I'll just buy a crap load of them i guess. I just really wish someone would make axles with a slightly larger cup and a thicker dog bone for it... when you have the Hot Racing c-hubs, there is definately room for it.

I would suggest getting the MMP speed control for it too, I had 2 of the stock ESCs burn up on me, second one went up in smoke, first one went up in FLAMES in my living room before I even drove it haha. I probably already mentioned this earlier, but Ijust want to say ever since putting in the MMP I haven't had a problem since, just a little over heating from time to time.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:04 PM
hereticgod

would my vxl system in my rustler work in the xs?

or will this work even? http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXBLCE&P=EP
Your vxl system will work fine it just won't be as fast or torquey as the vxl is 2pole vs 4pole on the castle motor. The link you posted is the same motor I am running but with a different esc. Just be careful that one has a 5mm shaft on it not 1/8 there is another version with the smaller shaft.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:51 PM
209mark123

Dont count on those cvd's lasting Ionly got about 4 packs out of mine before one snapped. My advice is just to stick to dogbones
Old 02-02-2012, 07:59 PM
Rustproofcorn

Hmmm I thought the stock was 5mm.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:12 PM
hereticgod

Hmmm I thought the stock was 5mm.
Nope 1/8" this is the one you want http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...s-Motor-3800kV

With this esc

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...C-w-SmartSense

Or the combo with the 1/8 shaft you can use the 5mm but you would need to find pinions.
Old 02-03-2012, 02:59 AM
Peloche

Hi all,

Found this within http://www.hpieurope.com/feature.php?id=16

New Savage XS Option parts

Fans of the Savage XS will love the expanding range of option parts that are available to customize and dial in their truck! Make your Savage XS even faster and perform like a champ on the track with a selection of tuning parts and performance tyres suited for a variety of surfaces and conditions!

#105809 IDLER GEAR 32T-60T
#106709 UNIVERSAL DRIVE SHAFT SET (2pcs)
#106730 CENTER UNIVERSAL DRIVE SHAFT SET (FRONT/REAR)
#103410 ALUMINUM THREADED SHOCK SET (70-103mm/2pcs)
#103807 RACING SPRING SET (BLITZ/REAR/4 PAIRS)
#106712 E-CLIP ELIMINATOR SUSPENSION SHAFT SET
#106732 ADJUSTABLE UPPER ARM SET
#106408 WHEELY BAR SET
#4411 GROUND ASSAULT TIRE S COMPOUND (2.2in/2pcs)
#4412 SAND THROWER TIRE D COMPOUND (2.2in/102x53mm/2pcs)
#4451 TRUCK V GROOVE TYRE (M COMPOUND 2.2)
#4860 DIRT BONZ TYRE S COMPOUND 57X50MM (2.2IN)/2PC
#3052 Split 5 truck wheel (Chrome)
#3081 SPIKE TRUCK WHEEL/BLACK/2PCS N MT2/N MT/E MT
Old 02-03-2012, 06:26 AM
VanyaV

Heriticgod would you kindly post the part number of the RPMshock ends? I am tired of replacing stock part.
Thank you!

Vanya

Old 02-03-2012, 06:43 AM
VanyaV

Rustprofcorn, i highly sugest you get a Mamba Max Pro and enjoy.
I use it in the snow here in Canada every day and i did not wateproof it. I just put the ESC in a ziplog bag (ziptied) and lowered all the setting to lowest power till spring (or it will overheat in the bag).
Much better ESCand it just works.
The motor seems ok so far but you could try castle 3800 or Tekin 4000 kv4 pole if you wanted the best.
Replace screws as you go , they strip easy..
The stock reciever will work just fine with any ESC. Tekin also makes a very nice ESC, better then the Castle stuff.
I also driled holes in the body for better ESCcooling.
My steering servo is Hitec 645 - works great . Also motor pinion treadlock is a must. Ialso greased the metal gears , that seemed to make the truck a lot less noisy.
Spray WD40 on it after snow and rain runs or the screws and bearings might rust.
I also cut the antena tubeall the way down so just a bit of antena wire pokes out of it and tape that to the antene tube.
The rear knuckles break easy on jumps . Drill them so you can place a zip tie arround it and it will holdtrough mild bashing till aluminum parts come in the mail
Hardcase 6000mh 2s lipos fit greatand have enough amps for the hungry motor.

Hope this helps .

Vanya

Old 02-03-2012, 07:26 AM
hereticgod

ORIGINAL: VanyaV

Heriticgod would you kindly post the part number of the RPM shock ends? I am tired of replacing stock part.
Thank you!

Vanya

I used RPM #80472
Old 02-03-2012, 07:38 AM
spena

I was over at bigsquidrc.com and saw that HPI just announced a kit version of the xs at Nuremberg show!

HPI Savage Flux XS SS (KIT)
HPI Racing seems to be ruling the Nuremberg show this year with all sorts of new releases. This one the HPI Savage Flux XS SS. I suddenly feel we need a ‘say it, don’t spray it’ category. Anyway, there are not a lot of details, but it sounds like this is going to be more of a kit version. So you will need to supply the electronics and some paint. Great for anyone looking to save a few bucks.
http://www.bigsquidrc.com/savage-flux-xs-ss/

Nice to see its coming with aluminum shockslike in theblitz ese

EDIT:
more info here: http://www.hpieurope.com/kit-info.ph...&partNo=107821

Savage XS SS Features Summary

[*]Self-build SS kit[*]Fits standard size 1/10th scale electronics of your choice[*]Waterproof receiver box[*]Aluminum shocks with threaded bodies[*]Orange-anodized shock hardware[*]All-metal bulletproof drivetrain[*]Front and rear universal driveshafts[*]E-Clip Eliminator suspension shafts[*]Tough steel adjustable turnbuckles[*]2.2" Savage XS tires[*]New design 6-spoke chrome-plated wheels[*]Shock towers have multiple shock mounting positions[*]Quick access to the front or rear differential by removing just 4 screws[*]Cam type servo saver[*]Spacious battery box w/locking battery box door[*]All socket head hardware[*]Dual pad slipper clutch[*]Full set of ball bearings[*]Aluminum motor plate with 4 motor mounting positions[*]Aluminum hex hubs[*]TVP (Twin Vertical Plate) chassis[*]Integrated chassis carry handle[*]Tough 4-gear differentials[*]Aluminum front and rear suspension braces[*]Stainless steel bulkhead lower plates[*]Front and rear skid plate bumpers[/list]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91658.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	1722725   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy78491.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	1722726   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82700.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	137.2 KB
ID:	1722727  
Old 02-03-2012, 08:59 AM
cumminspower5.9
My Feedback: (4)

Just a few more days ill be purchasing the flux lol.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:07 AM
rcklingaman

I'm a complete newbie to the RCs the XS was the first truck I have purchased and I have been very pleased so far it has ran great for me. I have put about 12 packs through it and I have only ran in to the following:

One upright broke this was due to a complete newbie driving it and basically made the truck cartwheel on its wheels down the road way to fast.

Some screws are striping this is because I overdo everything including tightening things down.

The horizontal bars that the body attaches to broke but after looking at the design of course they broke and will just stay broken.

The other thing I did was reroute the antenna cable so that the rear axle wouldn't catch it. After I did that the plastic antenna cover on the outside broke off once when it flipped over and I noticed I only had about 1 inch of plastic on the outside as well as 1 inch of antenna cable so I just put a little plastic cap over that and it works / looks better than the long plastic tube that wasn't doing anything.

My drive cups haven't been wearing yet although I have kept them greased up.

I am running stock on everything even the servo which I don't currently have a problem with and that is probably because I don't know how good it can be lol.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:19 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: rcklingaman

I'm a complete newbie to the RCs the XS was the first truck I have purchased and I have been very pleased so far it has ran great for me. I have put about 12 packs through it and I have only ran in to the following:

One upright broke this was due to a complete newbie driving it and basically made the truck cartwheel on its wheels down the road way to fast.

Some screws are striping this is because I overdo everything including tightening things down.

The horizontal bars that the body attaches to broke but after looking at the design of course they broke and will just stay broken.

The other thing I did was reroute the antenna cable so that the rear axle wouldn't catch it. After I did that the plastic antenna cover on the outside broke off once when it flipped over and I noticed I only had about 1 inch of plastic on the outside as well as 1 inch of antenna cable so I just put a little plastic cap over that and it works / looks better than the long plastic tube that wasn't doing anything.

My drive cups haven't been wearing yet although I have kept them greased up.

I am running stock on everything even the servo which I don't currently have a problem with and that is probably because I don't know how good it can be lol.
Your screws stripping could be from over-tightening them or it could be your using the wrong size hex drivers.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:05 PM
rcklingaman

I guess I should use correct terminology wasn't paying attention to what Iwas saying there. My screws arn't striped at the head Ijust have a few screws that won't completly tighten anymore they get snug but they don't tighten like the one next to it.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:18 PM
VanyaV

Thank you ! I will try those
ORIGINAL: hereticgod

ORIGINAL: VanyaV

Heriticgod would you kindly post the part number of the RPMshock ends? I am tired of replacing stock part.
Thank you!

Vanya

I used RPM #80472
Old 02-03-2012, 12:52 PM
209mark123

Anybody know if this motor will work in the XS? I know the mamba max pro fits but I wasnt sure about the motor.

www.ebay.com/itm/Castle-9600-Mamba-Max-Race-Pro-1-10-SCT-25-2-v-ESC-1410-3800-kV-Motor-Combo-/290659831901

Old 02-03-2012, 02:43 PM
reut1

been having some issues with the tranny last two runs. lots of crunching and clicking when I try to take off with it. and just now sometimes I will hit the gas and nothing will happen. i have to go throttle on and off a few times before it'll start to really move. gonna pull out the motor and all tomorrow and see whats what
Old 02-03-2012, 04:51 PM
Rustproofcorn

ORIGINAL: reut1

been having some issues with the tranny last two runs. lots of crunching and clicking when I try to take off with it. and just now sometimes I will hit the gas and nothing will happen. i have to go throttle on and off a few times before it'll start to really move. gonna pull out the motor and all tomorrow and see whats what
Will you please keep updating on this please.

Old 02-03-2012, 04:56 PM
VanyaV

It is your motor pinion coming off or your stock ESC is dying or something with the diffs.

ORIGINAL: reut1

Will you please keep updating on this please.

Old 02-03-2012, 04:57 PM
Rustproofcorn

I see the ss available for viewing now on hpi website http://www.hpiracing.com/kitinfo/107820

Does anyone know when it's forsale? I've takin the xs apart so many times this may just be what I need to get a working one.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:06 PM
hereticgod

I see the ss available for viewing now on hpi website http://www.hpiracing.com/kitinfo/107820

Does anyone know when it's forsale? I've takin the xs apart so many times this may just be what I need to get a working one.
You would still need a better esc and that is probably all you need now to get it running.

And reut1

If you hit the gas and you are getting nothing from the motor and then it kicks in that's electrical not mechanical. My esc started doing that before I swapped it out.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:33 PM
Rustproofcorn

I understand. I would be buying all new electronics for the ss. I was just saying with my experience of pulling my xs apart building one should be a breeze and then I can put in my own electronics and such. You guys think it will still be 300 for the ss?
Old 02-03-2012, 05:45 PM
dspdrew

Has anyone here used theHot Racing SXS4801 Aluminum Steering Bellcrank? I just got one, and I like all the aluminum pieces and bearings, but it's almost impossible to get the servo saver part to twist. The aluminum pieces just don't seem to slide on eachother at all, and I'm afraid I'm going to mess my servo up, or break something else.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.