Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Official HPI Savage Flux XS thread...

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 12:00 PM
paba60
My Feedback: (96)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official HPI Savage Flux XS thread...

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

That's an MMP; it's a Flux 2350. The HP is the only one that has the MMM.
....and that makes for even more supersillyousness...

Even though the MMP is spec'd for 6S...4S in my sl4sh with the MMP seems to be plenty...
Old 10-11-2011, 12:13 PM
Ptec

Whats up wtih HPI?  There customer service number says they are closed but its during there normal office hours.  I sent an email yesterday and have no response. 
Old 10-11-2011, 12:21 PM
Ptec

Ok got hold of them finally and got my RMA number to return my esc. 
Old 10-11-2011, 12:35 PM
Ptec

Those tires looked like they were so hurtin lol

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

you guys got to see this video... He is running a Savage 2350 on 4s than 6s and than 8s.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A45eKGF1iFs[/youtube]
Old 10-11-2011, 03:34 PM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Took the XS out to the parking lot and ran the full 3s pack non-stop until the LVC kicked in. Temps 170 motor 135 esc and my lipo was 120. I was pushing it hard and drifting etc.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:43 PM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

ORIGINAL: Ptec

Whats up wtih HPI? There customer service number says they are closed but its during there normal office hours. I sent an email yesterday and have no response.
They had to shut down the lines due to all the calls about the Flux XS

Mine should be here tomorrow.
Test run coming Sat.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:48 PM
nitro-rob

I wonder how long the ESC and/or motor would last for on 8s.

It looks like the truck isn't terribly over geared and HPI set it just right.  I'm going to take mine out now and finish up the pack from the park earlier.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:50 PM
fb5b

ORIGINAL: Wheelnut

Whats up wtih HPI? There customer service number says they are closed but its during there normal office hours. I sent an email yesterday and have no response.

Test run coming Sat.
The problem isn't the HPI Components, it's the Castle Electrics, but do a Forum search on MMMXL Recall, MMM blowing up on 6s Lipo, MMP BEC issues, Sidewinder's running hot etc and it's pretty clear Castle's cheaping out, and relying on their good rep from the old Mamba 25 and mamba Max days.

IMO They're the new Max Amps!
Old 10-11-2011, 05:59 PM
etivac13

maybe HPI should replace the esc.....[sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 10-11-2011, 06:17 PM
hereticgod
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: fb5b

ORIGINAL: Wheelnut

Test run coming Sat.
The problem isn't the HPI Components, it's the Castle Electrics, but do a Forum search on MMMXL Recall, MMM blowing up on 6s Lipo, MMP BEC issues, Sidewinder's running hot etc and it's pretty clear Castle's cheaping out, and relying on their good rep from the old Mamba 25 and mamba Max days.

IMO They're the new Max Amps!
Yep I agree completely I have seen and experienced more and more issues with castle electronics I have had less issues with cheap hobby king and hobbywing motors and esc's. Maybe tekin is the way to go now.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:19 PM
fb5b

Yep which is why my Flux 2350 now has a Hobbyking 120A esc in it instead of that Q Base thing, and why my Wraith has a Hobbyking 60A Sensored esc and not the Castle / Axial thing.

The 120A would be a tight squeeze in the XS tho, if my stocker goes, I may throw the Q base one in.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:37 PM
nitro-rob

I've had excellent luck with the mamba max pro but its all I've run from castle except for a mamba monster I just got.  I think the ESC is a mismatch for this truck.  We also don't know how many people are running the stock ESC without problems.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:50 PM
hereticgod

ORIGINAL: nitro-rob

I've had excellent luck with the mamba max pro but its all I've run from castle except for a mamba monster I just got. I think the ESC is a mismatch for this truck. We also don't know how many people are running the stock ESC without problems.
I myself have actually had no problems with the stock xs esc mine has run pretty cool, so far but I have a extra mamba max if it does go. The 100amp hobbyking would fit perfect on the xs.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:00 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ThunderbirdJunkie has also had no troubles out of his stock ESC, but if he does, rest assured he'll find a way to stuff his RX8 in it with a 4600kv Tekin Pro 4.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:02 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

I have been running Castle ESC's in my trucks and cars since they started making the Mamba 25 and I have only had 2 ESC go bad, one Sidewinder and one Flux HP. I also haven't had any issues with their customer service in getting the Sidewinder replaced or with HPI in replacing the Flux HP.

I am just curious if you guys that are using Hobbywing get sucj great customer service when something happens to their motors or ESC's?
Old 10-11-2011, 08:07 PM
hereticgod

I have been running Castle ESC's in my trucks and cars since they started making the Mamba 25 and I have only had 2 ESC go bad, one Sidewinder and one Flux HP. I also haven't had any issues with their customer service in getting the Sidewinder replaced or with HPI in replacing the Flux HP.

I am just curious if you guys that are using Hobbywing get sucj great customer service when something happens to their motors or ESC's?
Well since it's purchased from them online you go into your account and get your RMA# and send it back and they send you a new one so yeah they are not bad. I have only had one bad battery from them and they replaced it without any questions asked.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:02 PM
Ptec

Do those chinese ESC's have a feature like Castle Link? 
Old 10-11-2011, 09:26 PM
etivac13

Do those chinese ESC's have a feature like Castle Link?
yes...my hobbywing came with a programming card....
Old 10-11-2011, 10:36 PM
fb5b

No but considering that it's $20-$30 to send an ESC from Australia to Castle, wait 2 weeks for it to get there, 3 or 4 weeks in repair and 2-3 weeks to get back, when I can buy a Hobbyking 120A 1/8 ESC for $40.... which makes more sense? When I ran 1/10 On Road I used $25 Hobbyking 35A Sensored ESC's and figured if I blew one a meet it's still cheaper than the Brushed Black Sports Tuned days where we'd burn out a motor a meet. (And I never actually smoked a 35A HK, and it wasn't for lack of trying!)

Old 10-12-2011, 04:43 AM
Wheelnut

My son and I both have Turnigy ESCs in our trucks and we have bashed them pretty good on hot summer days and haven't had any problems. I also have a bunch of Hobbyking ESCs in my airplanes and haven't had any problems with them either. So I can say that their products can be just as reliable as the name brand escs that are probably made in the same factory anyway. But you can bet that if one of them went bad I would have to pay to replace it. But at the price difference, who cares. I could get 3 hobbycity ESCs for the price of one MMX
Old 10-12-2011, 06:14 AM
RCJuice

I just got a programming card for my XS from Castle, and when I plug it in and power up the ESC all the lights flash in sequence and won't go into a programming mode no matter what I try. I tried powering up the ESC first then plugging it in and vice versa, and the button on the card has no effect.  Am I doing something wrong?
Old 10-12-2011, 06:45 AM
Ptec

ORIGINAL: Johnbalz

I just got a programming card for my XS from Castle, and when I plug it in and power up the ESC all the lights flash in sequence and won't go into a programming mode no matter what I try. I tried powering up the ESC first then plugging it in and vice versa, and the button on the card has no effect. Am I doing something wrong?
Do you have the card plugged in backwards?

Last night Iinstalled a Mamba Max on my xs and Ihad installed the reciever plug backwards. Had a similiar issue.

Old 10-12-2011, 06:47 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

ORIGINAL: Johnbalz

I just got a programming card for my XS from Castle, and when I plug it in and power up the ESC all the lights flash in sequence and won't go into a programming mode no matter what I try. I tried powering up the ESC first then plugging it in and vice versa, and the button on the card has no effect. Am I doing something wrong?
Are you trying to program the Vapor esc or a different ESC?
Old 10-12-2011, 06:49 AM
Ptec

I have a $25 dollar coupon for castle link if anybody is interested. 

Free Castle Link Adapter or get a Field Link Tuning Card for only $10!
http://www.castlecreations.com/products/clink.html

I bought a tuning card from my LHS not knowing my mamba max came with this coupon.  I'll sell it for $10.  Send me an email if you want it.  [email protected]

Old 10-12-2011, 10:32 AM
Wheelnut

I got my slightly used Flux XS today. Looks pretty good, but I have one concern. If I put the truck on the ground and roll it, the trans is very noisy. Is this normal? It doesn't sound good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.