Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Official HPI Savage Flux XS thread...

Old 12-02-2011, 11:33 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Official HPI Savage Flux XS thread...

ORIGINAL: trickle007

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

ORIGINAL: trickle007

Ok I am getting a XS for Xmas, My GF has it wrapped sitting under the tree all ready and its driving me nuts but I will wait till xmas to open it up. Anyway my question is will either these 2 castle links work or only the HPI 1?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXWLF9&P=ML

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXGVR8&P=ML

There is a significant price difference, I am just wondering which link I need to use with the XS. I also have and HPI Vorza I would like to use the same link with if possible.
Either one will work.. the second link is the first version of the Castle Link the first link is the second version of the Castle Link.
Ok I run windows 7 64 bit will that be an issue?
Shouldn't be an issue either. I also run Windows 7 64bit too..
Old 12-02-2011, 04:49 PM
nitro-rob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did some speed runs today and made a video. Enjoy...

http://youtu.be/LN_0eXav8ms

How do you embed youtube videos?

Old 12-02-2011, 05:07 PM
hereticgod
My Feedback: (9)

Nice vid I think you need to use the YouTube tags ([youtube][/youtube]), just got a used 1410 today for $45 should be good.
Old 12-02-2011, 05:34 PM
paba60
My Feedback: (96)

ORIGINAL: nitro-rob

D

Hahaha....bong...

Thats good man....thanks for sharing....
Old 12-02-2011, 08:06 PM
fffmonkey1

ORIGINAL: spena

ORIGINAL: fffmonkey1

i m running 30T pinion, 1410 5mm shaft motor, MMP SCT ESC, 3S battery, proline Road Rage II 2.2" on road tire running on aspalt, running nearly 20 pack battery, so far so good. Speed like a rocket! 32T pinion is ready for test...!
I only run 2s, is it safe to up to 32T pinion?

@martin34
my tbones are great! looks ugly but im not afraid of cartwheels or hitting a curb full speedanymore
Dont know the stock motor & Esc can afford, i think dont try it until you replace the stock motor & ESC.

Old 12-02-2011, 11:07 PM
Peloche

Hi Rob,

Your front TBone has been broken, no more damage ?

Old 12-02-2011, 11:53 PM
t9dragon

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN_0eXav8ms[/youtube]

There I did it for you..
Old 12-03-2011, 08:57 AM
rcklingaman

One this I was curious about after I had a look over on the Savage XS is the battery box isn't water proof. If you ran this through water or puddles at all isn't there a risk of water getting into the deans connector joint and shorting it out?

Also had a question on tightening the slipper have you guys found that it responds best with it tightened down? or loosened a little?
Old 12-03-2011, 09:41 AM
t9dragon

ORIGINAL: rcklingaman

One this I was curious about after I had a look over on the Savage XS is the battery box isn't water proof. If you ran this through water or puddles at all isn't there a risk of water getting into the deans connector joint and shorting it out?

Also had a question on tightening the slipper have you guys found that it responds best with it tightened down? or loosened a little?
I put the deans together and leave them out of the battery box.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:42 AM
trickle007

ORIGINAL: rcklingaman

Nothing in the RC world is 100% waterproof imo.You have to take your own precations as well. If you are worried about the deans connectors getting wet waterproof it yourself by possibly wrapping with electric tape or something similiar that is water resistant,
Old 12-03-2011, 11:28 AM
nitro-rob

I keep a pretty tight slipper on everything.  I think my xs is backed off one turn from full in.  Its not that easy to short out a deans with a little bit of water.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:56 PM
rwg1919

This was a good read - very helpful.  Am new to this, and am in the process of accumulating cars.

Got the XS - between this thread and squirrel's videos, was able to get it dialed in pretty well.

Changed out the servo, adjusted the settings on the ESC, tightened the slipper, loc-tited the slipper and pinion, etc. 

Ran it today for about 15 minutes on 3s venom lipos - 5000mah/50C, did some high speed runs on the street, and through my grass (which is really long and thick) temps on both the motor and ESC were around 140.  So far so good.

It is quite a handful - but really fun on 3s.  I'd want to be in a field or bigger parking lot to run full speed on the pavement though. 

One other part needed loc-tite that I don't think anyone mentioned.  The little screw that holds the cup joint in place fell out while I was running it.  Luckily it was still inside the car.
Old 12-03-2011, 01:00 PM
nitro-rob

Welcome RW, thanks for posting temps.  I think I've heard of one other case of the drive cup screw coming loose.  I find that adding  punch control on 3s does a lot to get things under control.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:22 PM
fffmonkey1

ORIGINAL: rwg1919

This was a good read - very helpful. Am new to this, and am in the process of accumulating cars.

Got the XS - between this thread and squirrel's videos, was able to get it dialed in pretty well.

Changed outthe servo, adjusted the settings on the ESC, tightened the slipper, loc-tited the slipper and pinion, etc.

Ran it today for about 15 minutes on 3s venom lipos - 5000mah/50C, did some high speed runs on the street, and through my grass (which is really long and thick) temps on both the motor and ESC were around 140. So far so good.

It is quite a handful - but really fun on 3s. I'd want to be in a field or bigger parking lot to run full speed on the pavement though.

One other part needed loc-tite that I don't think anyone mentioned. The little screw that holds the cup joint in place fell out while I was running it. Luckily it was still inside the car.
Replace the screw with M2.6x5mm with M2.6 Ring to stop the pinion out

Old 12-03-2011, 09:55 PM
rokie1432

how are the hot racing shocks holding up?...are they good for jumps?....
if you happen to break the shaft, is there anyway you can find replacements for them?....
Old 12-03-2011, 11:24 PM
Chuggz

ORIGINAL: rokie1432

how are the hot racing shocks holding up?...are they good for jumps?....
if you happen to break the shaft, is there anyway you can find replacements for them?....
Id like to no too , I mean they are cheap enuf gotta be better than stock plastic right?

Old 12-04-2011, 10:54 AM
RCJuice

ORIGINAL: twinturbos

My savage has:
MMP
Hot racing shocks
Castle creations motor fan
Traxxas waterproof servo
T bone racing front bumper and wheeelie bar
Led lights
Pro line badlands tires
Traxxas turnbuckles
New clear savage xs body

Hey where did you find the stock unpainted body?
Old 12-04-2011, 11:10 AM
nitro-rob

I don't think there is a breakage issue with the plastic shocks, upgrades are mostly for feel and action.

I noticed that there is a UK seller that is offering the jeep rubicon body for the XS.  I need a body badly, mine is cracked all over now.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:34 AM
Peloche

This one ?

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/hpi-eu-j...products/17910

I noticed that there is a UK seller that is offering the jeep rubicon body for the XS. I need a body badly, mine is cracked all over now.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:46 AM
nitro-rob

I picked up a blur ESC for $115 shipped off of ebay last night.  I can get a mamba max pro for the same price.  I would prefer to run a mamba max pro in my blitz for the track and may have to pull the one from my XS in the meantime.

I sold my unused vapor pro and vektor 4000 from the XS for $115.

The XS has inspired me to eventually get an HP.  I thought about converting my savage but it needs too much including differentials.  I think its better to buy a flux 2350, take the ESC out for 1/10 since I need one and put the blur in there and eventually change the motor ( I do have the HP motor in my truggy).  I can keep my nitro and move my mods over to the flux eventually (then sell my last nitro?!).
Old 12-04-2011, 11:47 AM
nitro-rob

That link is for the regular sized savage. The seller I saw was on ebay and they advertised with the stock HPI photo with a red paint job.

ORIGINAL: Peloche

This one ?

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/hpi-eu-j...products/17910

I noticed that there is a UK seller that is offering the jeep rubicon body for the XS. I need a body badly, mine is cracked all over now.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:58 AM
Peloche

Yeap you're right but the UK seller you found ships outside UK ?

That link is for the regular sized savage. The seller I saw was on ebay and they advertised with the stock HPI photo with a red paint job.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:00 PM
trickle007

I don't think there is a breakage issue with the plastic shocks, upgrades are mostly for feel and action.

Here ya go Nitro-Rob 1st link to HPI wesite for picture as Tower does not have a picture of it on there site right now 2nd link Tower has this body in stock.

http://www.hpiracing.com/products/en/106704/

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...6704&search=Go
Old 12-04-2011, 12:11 PM
nitro-rob

The part numbers don't match, I think the tower body is for 1/8 scale.

I am putting in a christmas gift order at tower. Their non RC sites, like the science one, are a good place for gifts for kids of all ages.

Last year I got a bigTower coupon after new years that was bigger than the normal coupons. I don't know how often it comes but I was hoping to use one for a big purchase in the new year (ie. 2350).  Does anyone know about these coupons and how often they come?
Old 12-04-2011, 12:23 PM
trickle007

I copied HPI's part# from HPI's site for the Rubicon body and searched that part# on towers website and what I linked is what I came up with.

This is the 1/8 Scale body http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXGTE7&P=7 see theprice differnce.

The part numbers don't match, I think the tower body is for 1/8 scale.

I am putting in a christmas gift order at tower. Their non RC sites, like the science one, are a good place for gifts for kids of all ages.

Last year I got a bigTower coupon after new years that was bigger than the normal coupons. I don't know how often it comes but I was hoping to use one for a big purchase in the new year (ie. 2350). Does anyone know about these coupons and how often they come?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.