Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Official HPI Savage Flux XS thread...

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 07:13 AM
ts99ad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official HPI Savage Flux XS thread...

I just purchases 2 xs's for christmas.  One for my son and one for me .  I have 3s 500 20c venoms. Will these work?  How long can I expect them to last per run(bashing on the streets).  Is there anything else i should grab when i pick them up on Friday. 

Christmas day will be fun, hopefully we get a little snow.

TS
Old 12-21-2011, 08:30 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ts99ad

I just purchases 2 xs's for christmas. One for my son and one for me . I have 3s 500 20c venoms. Will these work? How long can I expect them to last per run(bashing on the streets). Is there anything else i should grab when i pick them up on Friday.

Christmas day will be fun, hopefully we get a little snow.

TS
Did you mean 3s 5000 20c? HPI recommends a lipo with a "C" rating of 25 or higher.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:50 AM
ts99ad

Yes 5000. What will happen if i use the 20c.I do not know much(anything) about batteries. I am hopping these will do at least for x-mas morning.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:08 AM
nitro-rob

You have high amp capacity which will help you but that is a bare minimum battery, it will get hot and puffy.

PS - my flux 2350 came in and its converted to HP.  What a great truck, the xs and flux hp are a great combination to have.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:24 AM
hereticgod
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: nitro-rob

You have high amp capacity which will help you but that is a bare minimum battery, it will get hot and puffy.

PS - my flux 2350 came in and its converted to HP. What a great truck, the xs and flux hp are a great combination to have.

+1 to that.

Here is a thread regarding the flux HP you should check out the flux HP has very few issues but there are a couple. The drive gear in the tranny is the only major one.

http://www.rc-monster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29371
Old 12-21-2011, 12:22 PM
Blitz813

PS - my flux 2350 came in and its converted to HP. What a great truck, the xs and flux hp are a great combination to have.
Post some vids of that bad boy! I've been eyeing that truck as well.

Old 12-21-2011, 02:46 PM
amthoma

Just purchased an XS as an early Christmas present after reading through the thread. This is my first RC since I was a kid.Trying to take the advice and upgrade to to the Traxxas 2075 servo and running into some difficulty. Do Ireuse the servo horn and bolt/screw that was on the original? It doesn't seem to fit down tight onto the servo, or do I just need to push it down harder?
Old 12-21-2011, 03:37 PM
RCJuice

ORIGINAL: amthoma

Just purchased an XS as an early Christmas present after reading through the thread. This is my first RC since I was a kid.Trying to take the advice and upgrade to to the Traxxas 2075 servo and running into some difficulty. Do Ireuse the servo horn and bolt/screw that was on the original? It doesn't seem to fit down tight onto the servo, or do I just need to push it down harder?
It should fit right on, I put one on mine and it fit fine. Just make sure the splines are lines up and snug it down slowly with the screw. They fit nice and snug.
Old 12-21-2011, 04:45 PM
rokie1432

check the spline required for the traxxas servo....the stock hpi servo is using 24 spline i think.....you should have some other spline combos in your spare bag that comes with the truck....
Old 12-23-2011, 03:57 AM
martin34

Hi guys i have been going back through this thread to try and find if my castle field link will work with it?If it does what settings are people running?I am sure i have read about it in here somewhere but i cant go back over the whole thread again[]
Old 12-23-2011, 07:00 AM
nitro-rob

It will work.
Old 12-23-2011, 01:20 PM
nitro-rob

Forgot to comment on settings.  I run 35% punch control and leave everything else as is (BEC to 7v for HV servo).  I don't bother with torque limiting. The problem I mostly have is with too much power off the line, once its going it seems to be easy to handle with just the throttle.  This is my 3s setting and I just run it that way on 2s although I am going to try it with no punch control since it could use a little more.

I realized last night I made a mistake and ordered the wrong cups.  Another delay...  my slipper pads came in.  They come with new metal plates as well.
Old 12-24-2011, 05:19 AM
martin34

Forgot to comment on settings. I run 35% punch control and leave everything else as is (BEC to 7v for HV servo). I don't bother with torque limiting. The problem I mostly have is with too much power off the line, once its going it seems to be easy to handle with just the throttle. This is my 3s setting and I just run it that way on 2s although I am going to try it with no punch control since it could use a little more.

I realized last night I made a mistake and ordered the wrong cups. Another delay... my slipper pads came in. They come with new metal plates as well.
Thanks very much for the reply rob.I ordered some white 5 split hpi rims for mine today and i will get some Ground Assault tyres after christmas.May i wish everyone a very merry christmas and Happy new year.
Old 12-24-2011, 07:26 AM
nitro-rob

I recommend not using HPI tires, try something from proline.   Happy holidays.
Old 12-24-2011, 07:33 AM
alexhunter

Weather has been beautiful and I'm getting some good use out of my savage. Only issue is that when I hit the throttle there's a light "grinding" noise. (not sure how else to describe it) Do I need to adjust the slipper?
Old 12-25-2011, 07:24 AM
trickle007

Ok I just opened my XS up did the usual walk through, Binded the tx to rx programmed the ESC andtook the Flux out back for a test drive and it ran great for 5 minutes , then the motor just whines andthe truck does notroll? Seems like themotor is not engaging thetrans. This happen to anyone and is there a quick fix or do I have to take it apart and look at the gear mesh atthepinion?
Old 12-25-2011, 07:28 AM
hereticgod
My Feedback: (9)

Did you take it apart and loctite the grub screw on the pinion? Always the first thing you need to do with the xs. Also make sure the slipper is tight.
Old 12-25-2011, 08:05 AM
trickle007

Nope looks like I have to take it apart and take a look guess I was just a little impatient. does not look to easy to get to the pinion.

ORIGINAL: hereticgod

Did you take it apart and loctite the grub screw on the pinion? Always the first thing you need to do with the xs. Also make sure the slipper is tight.
Old 12-25-2011, 08:27 PM
209mark123

WHats up guys I know I am probably off topic here but I got a savage xs for christmas today and I had a few questions. I am totally new to electric so these probably are some dumb questions but what I wanted to know is in the manual for my battery and charger it keeps talking about discharging the battery. Its a venom 4000mah 2s 40c is this something I need to do when I am done with it for the day or what? I just wanna make sure I am not doing anything to mess it up. Also I am having trouble with setting up the failsafe it say to turn the car and truck on and hold full brake (which ends up being reverse in my case) and holding the set up switch down on the reciever till it blinks could should it really be in reverse spinning while I am doing this? not sure any help would be much appreciated. Oh and I would like to say its a nice little truck I love it I would definately recommend it.
Old 12-25-2011, 08:32 PM
Chuggz

Trickle it's pretty easy actually to get to the pinion ,once u do it once you'll be pro at it,
209 mark , you do not want to worry bout discharging the lipo, just use it till the car stops which means you have hit low voltage cut off, then charge , even if you don't flatten it right down it doesn't matter

Old 12-25-2011, 11:32 PM
trickle007

Ya the pinion gear grub screw was not lock tited so it caused it to slip down the motor shaft disengaging it from the trans. Chuggs it is pretty easy to access, 7 screws and the motor and trans drop right out once you finagle the dog bones out of the cups. Getting the dog bones back into the cups is the hardest part. I found a vid on you tube showing exactly how to remove it, made removing the motor/trans a breeze did it in under 30 minutes.
Old 12-26-2011, 03:05 AM
Chuggz

Good stuff , I found also its easier to take the esc out when reinstalling my hr racing hardened drive cups made it easier,

Old 12-26-2011, 05:59 AM
nitro-rob

ORIGINAL: 209mark123

WHats up guys I know I am probably off topic here but I got a savage xs for christmas today and I had a few questions. I am totally new to electric so these probably are some dumb questions but what I wanted to know is in the manual for my battery and charger it keeps talking about discharging the battery. Its a venom 4000mah 2s 40c is this something I need to do when I am done with it for the day or what? I just wanna make sure I am not doing anything to mess it up. Also I am having trouble with setting up the failsafe it say to turn the car and truck on and hold full brake (which ends up being reverse in my case) and holding the set up switch down on the reciever till it blinks could should it really be in reverse spinning while I am doing this? not sure any help would be much appreciated. Oh and I would like to say its a nice little truck I love it I would definately recommend it.
209, welcome.  There is a mistake in the manual, you don't pull to full brake when setting the failsafe position.  That will make the truck go into reverse wide open when it goes into failsafe, you want the throttle to be in the neutral position.  I think that is a mistake in the manual, you set full brake on a nitro in failsafe mode and I think they copied the text over from there.

Old 12-26-2011, 11:38 AM
209mark123

Oh ok thank you, your probably just saved me a lot of money. Good thing Ididnt drive it much yesterday that could have been all bad. Boy they should fix that. So basically do everything the manual says just leave the trigger in the neutral position.
Old 12-26-2011, 02:15 PM
trickle007

ORIGINAL: 209mark123

To Answer your battery question you dont want to store lipos full charge for extended period of times. As for the discharge part after a good run your batteries will be discharged so if you are not going to run your car for a few days just best to leave the battery discharged. I personally only charge my lipos if I know I am gonna use them with in the next 24-48 hours. Also in my experience I have learned its not good to leave batteries for long periods of time unattended, I will cycle my batteries threw my charger every 10 days or so if they are not being used for long amount of times, the winter for example.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.