Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Official HPI Savage Flux XS thread...

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 09:12 AM
hereticgod
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official HPI Savage Flux XS thread...

ORIGINAL: trickle007

ORIGINAL: Chuggz

ORIGINAL: alexhunter

Anyone else have major wear on the center drive cup. After 4 packs at 2s and 1 with 3s the cup is pretty much toast. The wear is only on the rear side.

Yeah same here mate , get the hr racing ones , been good for me

Do you have a link to the HR racing ones? I need to replace mine as well its not as bad as the pictured posted but i only run 2 times and the rear cup is all ready wearing bad.
This is where is got mine from fast shipping and cheap http://www.liquidrc.com/index.php?ma...ducts_id=71425
Old 01-01-2012, 11:44 AM
trickle007

ORIGINAL: hereticgod

ORIGINAL: trickle007

ORIGINAL: Chuggz

ORIGINAL: alexhunter

Anyone else have major wear on the center drive cup. After 4 packs at 2s and 1 with 3s the cup is pretty much toast. The wear is only on the rear side.

Yeah same here mate , get the hr racing ones , been good for me

Did these cups come with the Set screws?

Do you have a link to the HR racing ones? I need to replace mine as well its not as bad as the pictured posted but i only run 2 times and the rear cup is all ready wearing bad.
This is where is got mine from fast shipping and cheap http://www.liquidrc.com/index.php?ma...ducts_id=71425
Old 01-01-2012, 01:35 PM
trickle007

for what ever reason my previous post did not post. I was asking if the HR cups came with the set screws for the cups?
Old 01-01-2012, 01:38 PM
hereticgod

No they use the stock ones.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:44 AM
alexhunter

For those of you that run 3s, did you change the gearing?  I was thinking of doing a 24T or 26T pinion.  Anyone change the idler as well?
Old 01-02-2012, 11:26 AM
nitro-rob

I run stock gearing on 3s and its been great.  This is with the SCT 3800 motor.  Temperatures are not a problem even when driving in grass.  I have never had any indication that I need to change the gearing for 3s so far.

HPI recommends gearing the truck down when running on 3s but I think its because the stock motor is inefficient and the ESC is weak. 
Old 01-02-2012, 01:55 PM
alexhunter

Maybe I'll just wait until spring and ckeck my temps on stock gearing. I've only driven it when its been below freezing so I havnt' bothered with a temp gun. And now we have waaay to much snow, so it's shelved for awhile.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:09 PM
gdiddy13

If you guys are looking for the hardened center cups, I just bought a pair on Ebay for 13.88 with free shipping. This is the cheapest I've found. I don't know the seller, he's somewhere in Jersey I think? We'll see how long it takes to get here, his page says he has 3 sets left, seller name is steggun29.

Also are you guys not planning on running em' in the snow? and if not, why?
Old 01-02-2012, 04:11 PM
hereticgod

I am running mine in the snow. I love snow bashing! You can get the HR cups from liquidrc for $13.88 + .99 shipping pretty close.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:21 PM
nitro-rob

I ordered mine (and a lot of stuff) from steggun.

No snow for me.
My truck isn't waterproof anymore but that isn't a big deal with snow.  My issue is traction.  It isn't fun being stuck most of the time or moving slowly with the wheels spinning like mad.  Even street running isn't worthwhile when the tires are cold, I crash and diff spinout constantly.  The streets also get salted and I don't want anything to do with that.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:34 PM
hereticgod

I use corrosion x on all my metal parts and screws and esc for that matter. But I usually don't street bash in the snow I go to a nearby school tarmack that is plowed and very hilly lots of good jumps.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:08 PM
nitro-rob

I have something interesting to report.  My HR hardened center cups came today.  I have a broken driveshaft and was going to use the rear one from the RS4 because it was the same length. The RS4 driveshaft doesn't fit in the cups of the XS or the rear cup of the HR set but it does fit the front cup of the HR set.  Strange the HR cups are different.  The RS4 drivehsaft may fit the front stock cup but the damage on mine prohibits it.

The good news is if you do lose a driveshaft and can't get one you can use the HR cups with the RS4 shaft and be on your way.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:32 PM
cumminspower5.9
My Feedback: (4)

Well I have decided to get the flux xs come tax time this year. Im gonna get a venom 2s 4100mah 25c lipo and a venom charger. I am stoked and cant wait to get it. my buddy has one on its way from tower so now we can both bash. as i said... I CANT WAIT!!!!!!
Old 01-03-2012, 03:32 PM
hereticgod

ORIGINAL: nitro-rob

I have something interesting to report. My HR hardened center cups came today. I have a broken driveshaft and was going to use the rear one from the RS4 because it was the same length. The RS4 driveshaft doesn't fit in the cups of the XS or the rear cup of the HR set but it does fit the front cup of the HR set. Strange the HR cups are different. The RS4 drivehsaft may fit the front stock cup but the damage on mine prohibits it.

The good news is if you do lose a driveshaft and can't get one you can use the HR cups with the RS4 shaft and be on your way.
That is weird I figured they were the same.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:45 PM
nitro-rob

I will measure them with calipers and report the dimensions when I work on the truck tonight.  

Welcome Cummins.  I recommend reading back through the thread if you haven't already, especially for this truck.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:16 PM
cumminspower5.9
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: nitro-rob

I will measure them with calipers and report the dimensions when I work on the truck tonight.

Welcome Cummins. I recommend reading back through the thread if you haven't already, especially for this truck.
Oh i plan on it. I wanna make sure i know the pros and cons of this truck inside and out. im just going crazy not having it. thanks man
Old 01-04-2012, 12:18 PM
needforspeed95

My stock tires have no tread, so I was looking to get new tires for the snow.  I have no experience bashing in the snow, so I was wondering if there are any tires that will work that are not paddle tires, since I may go from the road to snow?  I was looking at the proline dirtworks and dirthawg tires mentioned earlier in the thread.  Will either of these work on packed snow?  Thanks for the help.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:23 PM
gdiddy13

Looking for some new uprights. I've only been able to find the plastc ones, and those are out of stock.

Anyone know where to find them in stock, or where to find aluminum ones?

Thanks,
Old 01-04-2012, 07:09 PM
gdiddy13

Aaaanndd another question from the newb, For the Differential washer, will part #86599 replace the stock fiber one (101221) ? This is a Hellfire washer that is made of metal.

Sorry for dominating the thread lately, but maybe this could be helpful to someone else as well?
Old 01-04-2012, 07:43 PM
nitro-rob

Needforspeed - winter driving was discussed on the previous page.  Tires weren't.  I don't bother driving in the winter and can't help much, sorry.  It looks like the winter drivers are sticking to surfaces without a lot of snow.

Giddy, by uprights do you mean shock towers?  There aren't any made yet.  Which washer are you referring to? 
Old 01-04-2012, 07:47 PM
gdiddy13

By uprights I mean part # 105292

and the washers are for the differential
Old 01-04-2012, 07:55 PM
hereticgod

ORIGINAL: needforspeed95

My stock tires have no tread, so I was looking to get new tires for the snow. I have no experience bashing in the snow, so I was wondering if there are any tires that will work that are not paddle tires, since I may go from the road to snow? I was looking at the proline dirtworks and dirthawg tires mentioned earlier in the thread. Will either of these work on packed snow? Thanks for the help.
I have only ran the stock tires and dirtworks in the snow so far and the dirtworks had better traction. I have some badlands that I am planning on running on my xs this week in the snow they will probably be even better since they have great traction normally.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:09 AM
baryracing

It may have been talked about in the previous 77 pages but does anyone here have a wheelie bar fitted or know of any wheelie bars that will fit without too many mods?
Old 01-05-2012, 03:14 AM
Peloche

Hi bayracing,

Have a look there ...

ORIGINAL: baryracing

It may have been talked about in the previous 77 pages but does anyone here have a wheelie bar fitted or know of any wheelie bars that will fit without too many mods?
Old 01-05-2012, 03:32 AM
baryracing

Thanks Peloche having a look now...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.