Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Official HPI Savage Flux XS thread...

Old 10-01-2012, 05:22 AM
spena

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official HPI Savage Flux XS thread...

ORIGINAL: cumminspower5.9

Well for the first time since I have owned the XS, I pulled apart the transmission to inspect and clean it. The slipper pad has been completely torn to shreds but remained in the transmission in a powdery form lol. It was totally gone, but it still wad enough material left on the hub to grip lol. Crazy. Now the diagram in the manual seems to show 2 slipper pads. Mine only had one. Correct me if I am wrong.
remove the small pin and the other side with the other slipper pad should be there.
when i wascleaning my center transmission, both pads look very worn out. going to replace them before putting it back together.

question, I cleaned off all theoil sludge in the center transmission cause most of it were turning green.. Can i just used wd40 to replace that oil sludge?
Old 10-01-2012, 05:35 AM
cumminspower5.9
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: spena

Well for the first time since I have owned the XS, I pulled apart the transmission to inspect and clean it. The slipper pad has been completely torn to shreds but remained in the transmission in a powdery form lol. It was totally gone, but it still wad enough material left on the hub to grip lol. Crazy. Now the diagram in the manual seems to show 2 slipper pads. Mine only had one. Correct me if I am wrong.
remove the small pin and the other side with the other slipper pad should be there.
when i wascleaning my center transmission, both pads look very worn out. going to replace them before putting it back together.

question, I cleaned off all theoil sludge in the center transmission cause most of it were turning green.. Can i just used wd40 to replace that oil sludge?
Yea I took the whole transmission apart and only saw one pad. Maybe the other was just completely gone off the hub and showed no signs of being there. I washed all my gears and tranny casewith soap and water, cleaned bearings with WD-40, put a drop or two of oil in them and made sure it got inside the bearings. WD-40 all gears/screws to prevent rust, and put high temp grease in the tranny. It rolls very smooth and quietly now. Way better than new.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:31 AM
spena

Yea I took the whole transmission apart and only saw one pad. Maybe the other was just completely gone off the hub and showed no signs of being there. I washed all my gears and tranny casewith soap and water, cleaned bearings with WD-40, put a drop or two of oil in them and made sure it got inside the bearings. WD-40 all gears/screws to prevent rust, and put high temp grease in the tranny. It rolls very smooth and quietly now. Way better than new.
yeah my slipper pad didnt look like pad, just some really black dirt lol.

where should put the grease on to?around the teeth ofthe idle gear?
Old 10-01-2012, 11:03 AM
cumminspower5.9

yeah my slipper pad didnt look like pad, just some really black dirt lol.

where should put the grease on to?around the teeth ofthe idle gear?
I put the grease on all the gears. That way, less heat and friction
Old 10-03-2012, 07:50 AM
wyumez

ORIGINAL: Thiagooo

hmmm... thanks

Well, I really wanted was a masher, but many say it is too heavy for the transmission and the ESC.
Or buy the dirt hawg II or yokohama, however yookohama is smaller than the stock ...
mashers will be my next set after I put in cc 3800kv and the universal driveshafts
I have mashers in my photo a few pages beforehand. I was running a 4700 but it's now going to my CRT.5 and I'll be installing a 4000kv instead.

No overheating issues but the Traxxas 2075 died on me.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:33 PM
Thiagooo

ORIGINAL: wyumez

hmmm... thanks

Well, I really wanted was a masher, but many say it is too heavy for the transmission and the ESC.
Or buy the dirt hawg II or yokohama, however yookohama is smaller than the stock ...
mashers will be my next set after I put in cc 3800kv and the universal driveshafts
I have mashers in my photo a few pages beforehand. I was running a 4700 but it's now going to my CRT.5 and I'll be installing a 4000kv instead.

No overheating issues but the Traxxas 2075 died on me.
You have the stock ESC? Vaporpro?
Another doubt ... the sides of the wheel does not hit anywhere? turning to the right and left as well?

Old 10-04-2012, 11:24 AM
ejc34710

I've read quite a bit of this but didn't see anyone with the same problem as me. Anyone having problems with wheel wobble? My rear wheels are particularly worse than the front. If i hold the truck off the ground and gas it, all the wheels wobble quite a bit. Running on the street, it dosen't seem as bad until i get to the higher speeds. Then it wobbles quite bad. I treid taking the hinge pin out of the outer a-arm and putting a washer in between the hub and a-arm as it seemed to be where the slop was originating from, but didn't really help. I'll dig into it a little more and see what i can find. Might be the bearings, hexes, or the holes for the hinge pins are wearing (can't see that, just got it less than a month ago and only ran 5-6 2s packs thru it) but not sure. If anyone has any suggestions, im all ears! thanks.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:37 AM
cumminspower5.9

there will be a little bit of slop in the wheels. no way your bearing are shot this early in the game. Mine are still ok after a year of running 2s and 3s hard. do you have a video to show as to how much wobble?
Old 10-05-2012, 05:52 AM
spena

ORIGINAL: ejc34710

Might be the bearings, hexes, or the holes for the hinge pins are wearing (can't see that, just got it less than a month ago and only ran 5-6 2s packs thru it) but not sure. If anyone has any suggestions, im all ears! thanks.
Keep us posted. interested just in casemy xswobbles.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:19 AM
ejc34710

I'll get a video up soon showing the wobble. Thanks guys.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:10 AM
cumminspower5.9

Just kind of an FYI. Things are going to wobble a little bit. Nothing can fit tight, otherwise there is no room for shifting or movement in the pivoting points. If your drive cups have failed and wrecked the rear upright or front C-hub, that will cause a lot of play. But I can't see your cups failing in 5-6 packs. Your front will wobble just a bit due to the slop in the steering system, that's normal. we will know more when you get the video up. Make sure you get the wheels wobbling at all angles. And pop a wheel off and move things around with your hand so we can see which parts are moving and how much.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:33 AM
chasehq

hmmm... thanks

The yokohama geolandars are larger than the stock GT2's

Funny you guys are talking about failing slipper clutches, mine wore out last week, ordered a new one today which turned up from Amain along with some new centre dogbones as these are worn too.
I also have the rear wheel wobble, it's really noticeable when the front lifts off the ground, the rear end gets this wiggle/dance thing going on, think it's a combination of the pins at each end of the arms, and also the hubs and bearings.

Took this while working away last week, hope it gets a smile...

Old 10-06-2012, 08:18 AM
ejc34710

Just kind of an FYI. Things are going to wobble a little bit. Nothing can fit tight, otherwise there is no room for shifting or movement in the pivoting points. If your drive cups have failed and wrecked the rear upright or front C-hub, that will cause a lot of play. But I can't see your cups failing in 5-6 packs. Your front will wobble just a bit due to the slop in the steering system, that's normal. we will know more when you get the video up. Make sure you get the wheels wobbling at all angles. And pop a wheel off and move things around with your hand so we can see which parts are moving and how much.
No, this thing wobbles baaaad. And its getting worse. The rear right is th worse. Even on a 2s, speed runs are...... kinda crazy due to crazy wobble. I'll get a vid up soon. My T-maxx and Savage X have way less wobble than this thing. Looks like a combination of things. Ill have to take it apart soon so i can get a better look at it. Been into RC for 20 years, from helis to boats to planes to cars, something is definatly up. So far, not too impressed with this XS....
Old 10-06-2012, 07:41 PM
cumminspower5.9

Just kind of an FYI. Things are going to wobble a little bit. Nothing can fit tight, otherwise there is no room for shifting or movement in the pivoting points. If your drive cups have failed and wrecked the rear upright or front C-hub, that will cause a lot of play. But I can't see your cups failing in 5-6 packs.Your front will wobble just a bit due to the slop in the steering system, that's normal. we will know more when you get the video up. Make sure you get the wheels wobbling at all angles. And pop a wheel off and move things around with your hand so we can see which parts are moving and how much.
No, this thing wobbles baaaad. And its getting worse. The rear right is th worse. Even on a 2s, speed runs are...... kinda crazy due to crazy wobble. I'll get a vid up soon. My T-maxx and Savage X have way less wobble than this thing. Looks like a combination of things. Ill have to take it apart soon so i can get a better look at it. Been into RC for 20 years, from helis to boats to planes to cars, something is definatly up. So far, not too impressed with this XS....
Yea with a vid we'll be able to tell better. The wobble issue is small compared to what other people are having with their XS's. I had the esc issue, but got it replaced. Other than that, only normal parts Ihave replaced.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:59 AM
Thiagooo

I also had some slack ... I opened, cleaned everything, and pressed more screw wheel, not much has changed but decreased slightly.
In the rear hub, I put a wedge in the bearing. Or even a ribbon around. Help a little.

[youtube]MaRskOb8U9o[/youtube]

Just kind of an FYI. Things are going to wobble a little bit. Nothing can fit tight, otherwise there is no room for shifting or movement in the pivoting points. If your drive cups have failed and wrecked the rear upright or front C-hub, that will cause a lot of play. But I can't see your cups failing in 5-6 packs.Your front will wobble just a bit due to the slop in the steering system, that's normal. we will know more when you get the video up. Make sure you get the wheels wobbling at all angles. And pop a wheel off and move things around with your hand so we can see which parts are moving and how much.
Yea with a vid we'll be able to tell better. The wobble issue is small compared to what other people are having with their XS's. I had the esc issue, but got it replaced. Other than that, only normal parts Ihave replaced.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:19 AM
Thiagooo

Anyone know what do might be happening with my savage?
Recently put another 4 bumpers, totaling 8, but I think it has no connection.
I run with it, no more than 8 minutes and the ESC has already reached the maximum temperature (180-190 º F) and stops everything, having to wait for cool down.
here is all stock motor and ESC ...
The Cooler / fan is working. Does it need a bigger fan / cooler?
All this running on grass, but does it have something to do? I always walked a lot and it never happened ...

Old 10-12-2012, 08:57 AM
spena

Recently put another 4 bumpers, totaling 8, but I think it has no connection
can we see the pic of the 8 bumpers
Old 10-15-2012, 09:44 AM
Thiagooo

I do not have a good photo ... der and shot when I post here.
only this:

Recently put another 4 bumpers, totaling 8, but I think it has no connection
can we see the pic of the 8 bumpers
Old 10-25-2012, 12:55 PM
futureboy1969

Whated something to bash in bad weather. I made the right choice, get n that Savage xs. It's a blast. Just had to do the upgrade to the tie rods. Got rid of those crapping plastic ones that pop over. I race a lot. But I also like to just let loose. So made nice ax trade with someone here on Rc Uni. Worked out great. Haven't even tried 3s on her yet. Lol anyone s thought for other thing to do to her ..but as long as she's runs like she does. I think I'm good. Thanks.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:52 AM
spena

ORIGINAL: futureboy1969

. Lol anyone s thought for other thing to do to her ..but as long as she's runs like she does. I think I'm good. Thanks.
mud bashing or rc tag?

might is in process of upgrading. just waiting for the final set of items to be delivered. will post pics once its done.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:29 PM
Yanez

Hello all,
I am new to this forum and new to the RC world (I got hooked into by my son). I have just  purchased a Savage XS RTR, after reading all this topic, and I was thinking about replacing the stock servo with a Hitec 7985 MG one, but I am worried about the stock BEC. Should I add an external BEC or a capacitor? Any tip would be welcome and greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:18 PM
echthelion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

id think your bec would be fine but imo that servo is alittle overkill

if you want to keep it water proof id look at http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXBJCE&P=MLor http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXBCLJ&P=ML
Old 11-02-2012, 03:31 PM
Yanez

Hello,
I have been watching what Squirrel did in hte YouTube videos, so I got the idea from there. You are right, the servo is probably overkill, but a little more torque can't do bad, especially if running not the stock tires. I am thinking anyway to waterproof it with some grease and PlastiDip spray... I was most concerned about the voltage that the stock BEC can provide.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:54 AM
cumminspower5.9

Well, ran the XS over the weekend with the gps on it on 2s. averaged 40mph. was gonna try 3s, but because my antennae is cut short, i didn't have enough room or distance.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:09 PM
DieHarder

What kind of street do you live on? (dirt or pavement) Like wouldn't it accelerate fast enough?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.