Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Official HPI Savage Flux XS thread...

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 01:16 PM
007mrdr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official HPI Savage Flux XS thread...

sure i will keep you updated and btw i found these wheels Duratrax Wheel Set Black Evader EXT2 i wonder if they are ok cause they are 9.99 for 4 wheels pretty cheap if they are okey then i will order them tomorrow! will probably take about 2 weeks or more till i get them. but im in no hurry i can wait yes sure i can
Old 02-25-2013, 01:38 PM
cumminspower5.9
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: 007mrdr

sure i will keep you updated and btw i found these wheels Duratrax Wheel Set Black Evader EXT2 i wonder if they are ok cause they are 9.99 for 4 wheels pretty cheap if they are okey then i will order them tomorrow! will probably take about 2 weeks or more till i get them. but im in no hurry i can wait yes sure i can
I couldn't tell you if they will work or not, hence the hub design is not visible. I bought HPI Monster SS rims to mount the Badlands on. Or you could rip the stock tire off the stock rim, and reglue the Badlands on the stock XS rims.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:28 PM
007mrdr

After some research i found that they will work and it is also one of the recomended wheels for the badlands on towet hobbies. I will be getting them. Thanks for all your help and especailly thanks for your suqqestion on the badlands.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:06 AM
51t

So, 130+ pages of reading and I decided to pick up an XS last week. Mostly because it seems the people with problems over the last ~6+ months has been very minimal. The LHS I picked mine up from said he received it around xmas. As a data point I have over 10 packs of 2S thru it with no esc problems. My drive cups are wearing already. Is that something HPI will cover under warranty? I'll end up getting the hardend ones at some point. I did break the fake side battery box hitting a small concrete lip head on at full tilt. Just sheard right off. Weirdest thing to break on a head on collision. Front bumper is perfectly fine. Coming from on-road electric a hit like that would have destroyed my cars. I just picked up the broken piece, flipped the truck, and continued on. Since the servo is now exposed I decided to waterproof and install a Hitec HS-965MG. 139 tq and 0.10 sec. A nice power upgrade over stock but might be a little too fast. Handling now takes a much lighter touch.

Also does anyone know if the esc fan speed is based on esc temp? My fan use to come on as soon as the battery was plugged in. Now, It's dead silent until I do some running. After a couple of minutes of 1/2 throttle running I can clearly hear it.

BTW, not enough pictures/videos being posted.

Old 02-27-2013, 05:53 AM
cumminspower5.9
My Feedback: (4)

I think nobody has been posting pics or videos because some people have gotten rid of them after a while, or gave them up because of the whole ESC issue when they first came out. A few people on here still have one, including myself. I drive mine whenever possible.

I don't think HPI will cover the drive cups, as it would be under the category as "typical wear and tear". The stock drive cups do suck, but the only ones I have ever replace are the ones coming out of the transmission. I haven't replaced the nes goign into the front and rear diffs, but they should be replaced. Not sure about the fan, as mine has always come on once the battery is plugged in. If your ESC craps out, that will be replacd under warranty tho.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:07 AM
sparky 25

Changed my wheels tires once again,

Was running stock xs ss rims with Carson 2.2 v tread spikes,

These made a massive difference in grip compared to the rubbish stock tires,

Came across a new set of thunder tiger ssk wheels and tires on eBay placed a bid got the lot for £8 shipped,

I noticed that the thunder tiger wheels were the same width as the stock xs wheels but they have way more offset than the hpi rims,

The rubber on the thunder tiger tires is much softer and lighter than the Carson tires,

And the added stability from the extra offset on the rims make the xs a blast to drive,

Ran a full pack through them and didn't roll the xs once even flat out into a corner it just drifts,

Pics won't upload[:@]
Old 03-03-2013, 06:14 AM
007mrdr

ORIGINAL: sparky 25

Came across a new set of thunder tiger ssk wheels and tires on eBay placed a bid got the lot for £8 shipped,

I noticed that the thunder tiger wheels were the same width as the stock xs wheels but they have way more offset than the hpi rims,

The rubber on the thunder tiger tires is much softer and lighter than the Carson tires,

And the added stability from the extra offset on the rims make the xs a blast to drive,

Ran a full pack through them and didn't roll the xs once even flat out into a corner it just drifts,

what tires were you using before? apperently i cant buy the badlands soon (at least couple of months) ill eigther buy geolanders from my lhs or i am going to wait couple of months to get the badlands. what do you guys suggest me to do?

Old 03-03-2013, 06:15 AM
007mrdr

ORIGINAL: sparky 25

what tires were you using before? apperently i cant buy the badlands soon (at least couple of months) ill eigther buy geolanders from my lhs or i am going to wait couple of months to get the badlands. what do you guys suggest me to do?

Old 03-03-2013, 09:07 AM
sparky 25

I ran Carson pin spike 2.2 inch tires which are the same tire that comes on the tamiya Blackfoot and monster beetle,

I have now changed them to thunder tiger ssk rims and tyres,

Both these tire sets hook up on any surface and the thunder tiger ssk rims widen the xs by around an inch,

Which makes it way more stable,

Old 03-04-2013, 01:12 PM
spamoo123

Hey guys. I'm new to brushless but not to RCing. My xs cuts out if I go from dead stop to mash full throttle. It jumps forward about a foot then stops and beeps. I'm thinking maybe its the battery? It's not a new lipo I got the whole rig used but everything is working fine other than that. Btw the lipo is a 4000mah 2s 25c. Its prolly old and puffs a little when under load
Old 03-06-2013, 06:10 AM
sparky 25

Check that the battery terminals are making good contact,

I've had this happen on one of my lipos.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:15 AM
sparky 25

Finally pics will upload!

Pics of my xs ss with near 100% offset thunder tiger ssk rims with ssk tires,

Handling has improved hugely, no more tipping over going around corners at speed

The second last pic shows the offset on a stock hpi savage xs rim,

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Kd90058.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	251.4 KB
ID:	1858820   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ya55412.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	258.6 KB
ID:	1858821   Click image for larger version

Name:	Er79858.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	245.4 KB
ID:	1858822   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88015.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	272.8 KB
ID:	1858823   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jd87285.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	258.6 KB
ID:	1858824   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hj88664.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	220.2 KB
ID:	1858825   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ol31694.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	258.3 KB
ID:	1858826  
Old 03-06-2013, 08:26 AM
firemanjbi

ORIGINAL: 51t

So, 130+ pages of reading and I decided to pick up an XS last week. Mostly because it seems the people with problems over the last ~6+ months has been very minimal. The LHS I picked mine up from said he received it around xmas. As a data point I have over 10 packs of 2S thru it with no esc problems. My drive cups are wearing already. Is that something HPI will cover under warranty? I'll end up getting the hardend ones at some point. I did break the fake side battery box hitting a small concrete lip head on at full tilt. Just sheard right off. Weirdest thing to break on a head on collision. Front bumper is perfectly fine. Coming from on-road electric a hit like that would have destroyed my cars. I just picked up the broken piece, flipped the truck, and continued on. Since the servo is now exposed I decided to waterproof and install a Hitec HS-965MG. 139 tq and 0.10 sec. A nice power upgrade over stock but might be a little too fast. Handling now takes a much lighter touch.

Also does anyone know if the esc fan speed is based on esc temp? My fan use to come on as soon as the battery was plugged in. Now, It's dead silent until I do some running. After a couple of minutes of 1/2 throttle running I can clearly hear it.

BTW, not enough pictures/videos being posted.

Good choice on picking up the XS. I got mine back before Christmas also. Ive loved it since day one. Never had any problems with my ESC. Ive been running 2s lipo since new. I had pretty unusual wear on my drive cups also. Ive got spares standing by. Iwas actually in my LHS a few weeks ago and he had a complete roller with body and Rx, wheels , servo etc I picked it up for $100.00. Idismantled it for parts as needed. Ibeat the living shat outta mine and she holds up real well. I broken: a-arms, bearing carriers, batt door,2 shocksand 2 drive shafts. But Im doing back flips off snow banks and things like that. Ive got a set of 2.8 mashers on order for mine.

Another thing I wanted to mention to you lock tite the grub screw on the pinion. Mine loosened and stripped once, and I shattered the pinion once too. I removed my antenna and tucked the wire into the Rx waterproof box. I know there are mixed feelings on this but Ive noticed no problems with operation or range, and imo looks better.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:58 PM
51t

I hooked up the castle link the other day. My Vapor Pro was running 1.34 firmware. I noticed an update to 1.39 and took the plunge. Only ran a couple of packs through it so far but no problems to report.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:05 AM
007mrdr

Guys I was wondering if 2.2 badlands can fit hpi 3087 scorch wheel or 3062 king wheel wheels?
Old 03-08-2013, 08:17 AM
sparky 25

Yes both wheels will work with the 2.2 badlands,

Any 2.2 wheel and tire combo will go together,

The hpi 3087 are the same wheel that came stock on my xs ss kit.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:55 AM
firemanjbi

Anyone seen this from there upgraded Traxxas turnbuckles ? 3 jumps after install

Old 03-09-2013, 03:54 AM
jardi

Hello i need some help with my savage xs ss ive had it a couple of weeks and am loving it. been running on 2s 6000mah 30-40c zippy lipo with a ezrun 4300kv motor and 60a esc. this thing is awsome blown 2 tires already but nothing broken yet. today i notice it wasnt running so good and noticed the front wheels have no power to them or something and the clutch started to slip just as i was finishing my session today now its slipping bad but i tried to tighten it and it seems to be fully tight. i know how to pull this thing apart beacuse i build it. my question is what do i need is it parts inside the front diff or just the slipper clutch near the gearbox. pls help its half pulled apart on my table and i love this little truck its my first and i want to get him going again. thankyou for reading
Old 03-09-2013, 04:00 AM
007mrdr

ORIGINAL: jardi

Hello i need some help with my savage xs ss ive had it a couple of weeks and am loving it. been running on 2s 6000mah 30-40c zippy lipo with a ezrun 4300kv motor and 60a esc. this thing is awsome blown 2 tires already but nothing broken yet. today i notice it wasnt running so good and noticed the front wheels have no power to them or something and the clutch started to slip just as i was finishing my session today now its slipping bad but i tried to tighten it and it seems to be fully tight. i know how to pull this thing apart beacuse i build it. my question is what do i need is it parts inside the front diff or just the slipper clutch near the gearbox. pls help its half pulled apart on my table and i love this little truck its my first and i want to get him going again. thankyou for reading
hi same thing happened to my friend at his first run i also told him to tighten it but it wasnt working so he bought a new slipper clutch and its now fine check if your slipper is ok

Old 03-09-2013, 06:32 AM
jardi

hi my slipper is definatly stuffed too many skids on grippy asphalt.. so what parts do i actually replace. i mean in the kit the clutch was already together.. do i pull that apart and just replace what?? where can i get the parts from and is there somehow i can upgrade it maybe?Im in australia and i got the truck from frontlinehobbies.com.au but they dont carry a slipper. im also thinking im going to gear it down whats the best gearing to run for 2s and 3s. And is this all i need to fix the clutch http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HPI-Racin...item51a97b0be4
Old 03-09-2013, 06:52 AM
007mrdr

Yes that part is what my friend bought. I use the stock gearing for 2s 6000mah and 25c and i think 3s will be waayy to much power at least for me. 2s is insane i cant think about 3s on this little beast! Good luck with fixing it. And i wanna ask you s.thing how much did the kit cost to you incl. electronics and all needed parts?
Old 03-09-2013, 06:11 PM
jardi

ok thanks will buy a couple of them if that fixes the clutch. the xs ss kit was on sale for $249 i didnt pay $380 Thats what there asking now way to much. and i bought a ezrun combo with program card for $90 and i just use the hobbyking GT-2 2.4ghz and that only cost me $20 and my 2s 6000mah battery was $25. So $385 and i had it going. glad i got the kit and built it myself now i know how to pull it apart. What do you have and what was your cost.. i thought hard about getting the xs flux but yer really glad i did get the kit... and are u sure thats all i need dosent seem like much i know i should pull the clutch apart now and just look but if im waiting a week for parts i dont want to loose any peices. do i need slipper hub set? http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HPI-Racin...item35c47e1ae2 Am a bit worried it might not fix it properly thats all.. i mean when i first started looking for a replacement i came across this and nearly bought it http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Savage-Mi...item4d0a025854

OK ive just pulled the motor and gearbox out.. i pulled off the gearbox cover and jammbed the gears and put an allen key through the transmission drive cups just to make sure its slipping and i could not get it to slip.... whats the go here when the car was together i could lightly put my foot ontop and rev it and it wouldnt move wheels would not spin. please help me get my head around it..

the front diff dosent seem to be meshing properly when i turn it from the trans driveshaft it skips and is hard to turn where as the rear feels fine.. so is this the clutch aswell as a front diff drive gear???

Okay well i just pulled the front diff apart to see the damage and all it seemed to be was that the driveshaft going into the diff had to much play and when it was fully out the pin that seats into the gear had room to come out.. so i found 4 small washers in the kit put them in there and it fixed it. (Manual said nothing about using washers there) just hope the rear dosent start doing the same thing as i used all 4 washers to be sure. im sure my clutch was slipping so im going to order new parts for it. waiting on new tires anyway so wont be running the truck for a week or more

ALSO i think you definaltly right about 3s i think the front diff hasnt been working properly for a while now but i thought i was just getting more used to the truck and it seemed slower. cant wait to get him back to full speed and with new tires its going to be way more fun

Just put it back together and took it for a quick spin before dark and it seems fine now.. so it was just the front diff drive gear having to much play. Cant wait to get my new tires. also do you guys find your savage xs rear tires face inward after a while.. whats with this still goes good normal maybe?? the tires im getting are HPI Dirt Bonz Tyre S Compound hope they will be ok couldnt really find any rims so im just going to mount them on the stock ones

It definatly feels like the rear wheels are getting more power than the front... does anyone know if this is right?? Like if i drive it up against my foot and bring on the throttle rear tires spin but front dont quite... the rear transmission cup is showing some wear but the front barely any is this just beacause of the slipper im not to sure on how its all suppost to work.

Old 03-10-2013, 05:18 AM
007mrdr

yes those fix the slipper clutch however your problem doesnt seem like that. Im sorry but i have no idea about more power going to the rear wheels. maybe you have putten a diff oil with higher weight on the rear, just an idea. if it was your slipper clutch than your motor will spin and make high revs but your wheels would just wont spin or spin pretty slow, slower than expected. i also have a mini revo which's diffs just keep getting f...ed up even sometimes with the shims.

My wheels also arent all straight they have need some toe and camber adjustment but how? if someone can help with that i will be really happy.

I was first thinking about buying the kit but didnt have enough money so i bought the rtr and also I couldnt find the kit here in Turkey.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:44 AM
jardi

Yes well i fixed the front diff and it dosent seem to slip now so i cant wait for my new tires to give it a good test see if it will flip again. ive seen lots of aliminum upgrades for this kit thinking i will upgrade it all as things need replacing make it bulletproof. does any know if these tires would cause overheating and would they be good for sand http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/321034353...23.l2649  And i really dont like the stock suspention can anyone suggest the best upgrades. cheers
Old 03-10-2013, 06:47 AM
007mrdr

For the tires i have no idea but i will be buying either 2.2 badland or the geolanders from hpi. They dont need any gearing change. For the suspension check out prolines power stroke suspensions.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.