Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Official HPI Savage Flux XS thread...

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 09:03 AM
sparky 25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official HPI Savage Flux XS thread...

Those tires in your link will be just over 4 inches tall and 2.5 inches wide,
And will also fit onto the stock xs rims

They are light and provide fantastic grip, I've just removed a set the same as them from my xs

And replaced them with thunder tiger ssk wheels and tires,
they are the same size as the set I just removed but the thundertiger rim has more offset making the truck handle better,

You will not over heat your motor with them wheels at all, just get tonnes more grip,

Wheelies are way more controllable as are backflips,

instead of the stock garbage tires spinning out and slipping when you need grip.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63647.jpg
Views:	539
Size:	238.8 KB
ID:	1860319   Click image for larger version

Name:	Un34133.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	259.1 KB
ID:	1860320  
Old 03-10-2013, 09:55 PM
jardi

ok thanks. what are them thunder tigers like in the sand. how much were they and do you know and good place to get them online. i have no hobbie store within 2 hours and i just bought some hpi dirt bonz 4 for $50 including post no rims tho does anyone know some good cheap rims.. now i just need some good sand tires for out the lake but i dont think i want sand paws though because they would only be good for sand and its not like i live near a beach. cant beleive how bad the stock tires are on the xs they are piss poor, i blew two back tires on about my 5th run one just taking off and one when my truck lost signal and i didnt have the fail safe set it fliped on its roof at full revs for a few seconds..the tires ballooned up like crazy and burst the other standard back tire. hope im happy with the dirt bonz because i was thinking ground assault. Does anyone know if dirt bonz will fit these https://www.frontlinehobbies.com.au/...57X35MM%20GREY

Or would these be better https://www.frontlinehobbies.com.au/...h%20WheelWhite

Old 03-11-2013, 04:14 AM
firemanjbi

Im noticing similar clutch problems with my XS also. Ill tighten up my spring clutch and drive it for a pack or two then it just loosens on it own, and I'll have to retighten it every few packs. So I think Ill pick up a few clutch kits noted the page before. If your looking for good tires Jardi have a look at the 2.8 Mashers by ProLine. I just put this set up on my truck and there awesome ! As you can see I had to trim my body a litte front and back to avoid rub but other than that perfect. Im runnin 2s on stock gearing and no heat issues. The thing wheelies like crazy now with all this grip. The one down side is these ballon like crazy, so you may wanna tape em. Back flips with them off jump are wicked, with the stockers I could get 1 or 2 rotations, but with these suckers Im gettin like 3-4 flips . Heres a look.

Old 03-11-2013, 05:21 AM
jardi

yer they look nice what suspention are you running there. does the 2.8 make it corner better than 2.2 size tires. my clutch hasnt actually come loose it was my front diff when i went to tighten the clutch it was fully tight so i just left it. maybe put some locktight on the thread or just use super glue. my body is still clear well not really lol but havnt painted it yet i tried to use a clear primer and it did not go well with the plastic made it go all frosty. think i like the jeep wrangler body
Old 03-11-2013, 06:34 AM
firemanjbi

Im running the stock suspension currently.  I often break my shocks, but I have a complete roller I bought for a 100 bucks which has saved me a number of trips to the LHS. Unfortunitly Im on my last spare shocks so I may upgrade when there done. It does handle awesome with these wheels as the grip is 10 times better than the stockers. I need to get a wheelie bar now as its hard to not flip it over. Its a real blast to drive now.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:02 AM
jardi

ok mine are orange guess thats what comes with the kit version. what else is different?? what battery do you use. mine just fits 35c 6000mah and gives a good punch bout 30 35 min runtime going hard 45+ if a mixture of cruising

Name:	Qo40448.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	1860711   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71969.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	1860712  
Old 03-11-2013, 07:48 AM
firemanjbi

I run the SpeedPack 5300 mah 2s in mine. It fits well with the foam strip. I also have a Thunder Power 3s I use on my slash, but its sooo tight in there Im affarid Id never get it back out lol. Jardi, Id change out those stupid plastic turn buckles as mine always popped off when jumping. What brushless set have you got there as its different than my stock motor/esc.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:49 AM
firemanjbi

And your on/off switch ontop of the Rx box is different than mine, which is likely due to a different ESC.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:35 PM
jardi

yer its all ezrun 4300kv motor 60a waterproof esc yer where is your switch i figured thats as good a spot as any. i only have a cheap servo towerpro mg945 and its not waterproof but im going to waterproof it. servo performs good tho for $5 its a 12kg metal gear digital coreless. I Think the turnbuckles are ok.. yer they pop off fromm big jumps and hitting gutters but at least they dont break and pop right back on. what turnbuckles do you use have you broken any
Old 03-12-2013, 04:43 AM
firemanjbi

I use the Traxxas ones (p/n Trx 3737) instead for of the plastic ones. They were cheap and are a direct fit. Plus this will now allow you to adjust your toe in/out. In your picture you dont have your hex hubs on but I found when I switched to the plastic ones included with the truck (instead of the alum ones) I found the wheels much tighter and less sloppy. Im running the stock ESC / Motor so I dont have an on /off switch on the ESC. Its just on if you plug in the battery. Aside from your motor/esc and shocks I dont see any real difference. I want to upgrade my servo too as this stock one sucks. It can barely turn the wheels side to side on pavement with the truck stopped. And at WOT it darts all over the place (watch for curbs lol).
Old 03-12-2013, 08:04 PM
jardi

ok ill try the plastic ones cheers. i think mine are adjustable were yours like these. i cant imagine this truck with a servo that weak suprised it hasnt broken. got my new tires today dirt bonz cant beleive how soft they feel had a test before and they have good grip. How can i make it so it will do a standing backflip.. do i turn the punch mode right up and whats the best timing i just have it about half way

Name:	Mk26035.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	1861433   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj26510.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	1861434  
Old 03-13-2013, 04:23 AM
firemanjbi

Ah, yours are different than my stock ones were. I couldnt adjust mine like you can. So you should be ok for now, but they'll still pop off on big jumps. If your running a 2s it will be tough to do a standing backflip. But if you really wanna try, tighten up your slipper all the way and it will try too. Im sure I dont have to tell you that this will cause more harm than fun (but I tried it too lol). What size were these dirt bonz tires ? Got any pictures ? Heres a few picture of some of my other RC too (cuz everyone likes pics)
But honestly out of all my RC old and present, the FLux XS and the MERV are my favs

Old 03-13-2013, 05:59 AM
jardi

nice trucks. they are only 2.2 bonz they have awsome grip they feel so soft will try stay off the hard surfaces with these i think, took it to the oval today and was doing mono's everwhere was really fun until i got swarmed by lots of kids so had to bail. this thing gets attention no worries. i got some pics. my old truck i got about 15 years ago or more. my spitfire that im just finishing putting together and my heli that im SLOWLY learning to fly its a skyartec wasp 6ch. but latley i just cant get away from my xs. yer my top is pretty sad hey i was going to paint it with this really nice expensive stuff i have but i put a coat of clear primer on it, and it didnt turn out well its gone all frosty.. ha it looks like **** i know. do you know anything that wld get primer off without hurting the plastic?? metho dosent work haha.. also my clutch wont go any tighter at all thats how it came was about the only thing in this kit pre-assembled. is that to tight do u reckon it would be bad..

Name:	Zx71428.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	1861491   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa85013.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	1861492   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jp32216.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	1861493   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu59852.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	1861494  
Old 03-13-2013, 08:05 AM
firemanjbi

I'd just buy another body man, much easier. Like I mentioned before, I was able to get a complete roller with body, wheels, reciever, diffs etc etc. Pretty much everything but motor , tranny and esc for only $100.00. So I got a bash body and a shelf body (til the bash one no longer holds on lol).
Old 03-15-2013, 10:12 PM
jardi

yer tru. think i burnt out my motor today got really hot driving in a small area and under brakes heaps. it worked till my battery went dead but now it wont move..
Im new to electric motors and stuff so im not to sure on it all how can i keep the heat down.. is the 4300kv 9T not right?? should i get the 13t or something else. im up for suggestions id like to try something different. something that would be good with my 60a esc and 6000mah 2s 35c lipo

Old 03-15-2013, 11:12 PM
jardi

Old 03-26-2013, 03:49 AM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been off the site for a while, nice to be back. Had my flux out last night, Still running strong on 3s..

Name:	Db85449.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	1866722   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id96134.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	1866723   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xc79362.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	1866724  
Old 05-06-2013, 04:10 AM
mudfrog

Hey guys.. I received my new XS Flux last week and I have a few questions.  I've read a lot of this this thread but I don't have time to read 133 pages so forgive me if these have been covered.

I'm building my XS to jump with the occasional high speed pass, etc.  The factory tires flat out suck, they have to much give in the sidewall and they have no traction.  I'm looking at going with the 2.8 Trenchers. I know it's recommended to gear down when running this large of a tire but what tooth count would be ideal? I want torque over high speed.  If it matters I'll be running an Onyx 2s 35c 500mah battery.

I might be used to my Savage X but these shocks don't seem to absorb much impact when jumping.  What is a good aftermarket shock to run and what weight oil would be ideal for bashing?

I have read a lot about the turn buckles popping off, people have mentioned using the Traxxas 3737, is that the correct part number for a stock replacement?

My reverse is very very laggy.  Sometimes I have to hit reverse 3-4 times before it kicks in.  Is this an ESC issue?  I've never experienced this with my other electric truck.

I think this will be a decent little truck, sadly I think I'll have an additional $200+ in it to get it to that point...
Old 05-06-2013, 05:20 AM
cumminspower5.9
My Feedback: (4)

I wouldn't put that kind of money into the truck to be honest. I ahve not put any upgrades other than tires in the 2 years I have had my XS. I run a set of Proline Badlands 2.2's. I think 2.8's are too big for this truck, and will only help it flip over more when cornering. As the shocks go, they are what they are. I wouldn't spend the money on new shocks. It is a small light truck. I've never had an issue with the turnbuckles. The ESC to get in reverse is set up like this... If you are going forward and want to reverse, you have to hit it once to stop, again to go to reverse mode, and again to start moving in reverse.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:25 AM
redfisher1974

I agree^ just toss on a set of 2.2" dirtworks from pro-line....
Old 05-06-2013, 05:44 AM
cumminspower5.9

How's your XS running Red?
Old 05-06-2013, 05:48 AM
mudfrog

I would absolutely love to get by with just a set of tires, but I've read sooo many posts about people having issues.

The 2.8 Trenchers are actually shorter than the 2.2 Badlands according to Pro-Line's site.

Old 05-06-2013, 06:21 AM
cumminspower5.9

ORIGINAL: mudfrog

I would absolutely love to get by with just a set of tires, but I've read sooo many posts about people having issues.

The 2.8 Trenchers are actually shorter than the 2.2 Badlands according to Pro-Line's site.

The Trenchers have a larger inner diameter, in which you would need new rims as well. The Badlands will fit right on the stock rims. They are about the same height.Issues also depend on how people are driving their trucks. The Savage line has the reputation of being tough. So if people are beating on the little XS like they are the big 1/8 Savages, stuff is goign to break. The weakest points on this truck are the drive cups. If any upgrades, I would recommend CVD's and a way to get rid of all the slop in all drive cups.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:39 AM
redfisher1974

ORIGINAL: cumminspower5.9

How's your XS running Red?
Like the day I bought it, runs only on 3s with stock electrics....
Old 05-06-2013, 07:45 AM
cumminspower5.9

Nice. Yea I have been pretty rough on mine lately. The 2s lipos I use in it are starting to go. I only get maybe 10 minutes off a 25c 5000mah pack. Next lipo will be a 30 or 35c. I think the BL system just draws too much current. I don't know how you run 3s all the time in it. When I tried a 35c 3s, it was almost undriveable, but fast as hell lol. Still have only broken a drive cup and rear upright!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.