Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

SUMMIT HELP

Old 08-24-2011, 07:32 PM
laxboy411

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SUMMIT HELP

JUst got a mini summit for xmas. went to go use it in the spring and i turn on everything and doesnt move. the receiver blinks red and green and the esc is red. After many calls to traxxas, i took my car to my LHS and I stood there like an idiot waiting for 40 min for the guy to fix it. 40 mins later, he said to me that he couldnt fix it. he said to send it to traxxas and theyll fix it for free. mabye. that was my last possible resort and i live 60 miles away from my HS. so now i dont have a heli, boat or truck thats working. any suggestions?

Old 08-25-2011, 12:44 PM
laxboy411

Default RE: SUMMIT HELP

bump
Old 08-25-2011, 01:03 PM
gforce2448
My Feedback: (12)

I would check your manual to see what the green and red lights mean. There are several different readings depending on how fast they are flashing. If you don't have a manual you can find this info out from Traxxas's website. Anyways, it sounds like your receiver isn't linked to your transmitter, which I assume you have a 2.4ghz with a new Mini Summit. Also your ESC could need reprogrammed, which you would need to go through the steps to do that. Just make sure you have a charged battery when resetting everything. I would start with the receiver first, if it isn't linked then it's not getting any signals at all.
Old 08-25-2011, 01:58 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

agree with gforce or your throttle trim was changed a little, and the ESC won't arm. I've never owned a VXL but every ESC I've used(I do own a XL5, 2 xl2.5's, along with a pile of others from other brands) does something similar if its not detecting the throttle at 0 position.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:48 AM
laxboy411

my LHS guy tried all of that. he then told me to send it back to traxxas.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:20 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

ORIGINAL: laxboy411

JUst got a mini summit for xmas. went to go use it in the spring and i turn on everything and doesnt move. the receiver blinks red and green and the esc is red. After many calls to traxxas, i took my car to my LHS and I stood there like an idiot waiting for 40 min for the guy to fix it. 40 mins later, he said to me that he couldnt fix it. he said to send it to traxxas and theyll fix it for free. mabye. that was my last possible resort and i live 60 miles away from my HS. so now i dont have a heli, boat or truck thats working. any suggestions?

There is nothing in the manual about the receiver light blinking red and green so not much point checking that, receiver light codes are on the bottom of page 29 if you want to look for yourself. Has the truck ever worked for you ? Maybe try taking the receiver cover off and check that everything is plugged in properly ? That's about all I can think of but if it were me I would be sending it back to traxxas and hoping for the best. Also did the guy at the hobby store charge you for his time ? if not than it sounds like he is a pretty good guy just trying to help you out and he was probably sorry that he couldn't
Old 08-26-2011, 02:17 PM
laxboy411

he didnt charge me, but what you said right now is exactly what traxxas said. and yes the truck worked all winter but when i went to use it in the spring, it stopped working
Old 08-28-2011, 04:46 PM
hound54

i think mine did that b4 and it was a bad steering servo
nothing worked .my guy at the lhs said it was in servo as soon as i should him
try another servo if you can

Old 08-31-2011, 04:16 PM
laxboy411

nope. he tried that too and traxxas said that too.