Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

HPI Mini Recon

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 03:14 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: HPI Mini Recon

ORIGINAL: koolyce

Ok.

Based on your information, I have these 2 choices:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXKCC2&P=0

or this one

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXARKHLL&P=0

This is for my 4 years old son.

I like the first one for the big wheel, but don't know about the parts.
all RC18's share the parts so its parts,and aftermarket available is huge.
the recon is the one to worry about parts the parts bags are like $30 each, and have parts that generally don't break together in the bags. Like in one bag is the arms, and another bag has the shock towers. When I broke mine on its second drive to repair it with the stock parts the cost was at $90 not counting the rim that exploded...

Do you really need a 1/18th scale or would 1/10th work if its in your budget? Only ask this cause horizonhobby.com they have ECX trucks, and buggies for $99 a pop RTR or a 1/10th monster truck for $130 RTR. Those would take more of a beating than the 1/18th scales, and be able to drive on more surfaces.

BTW the reason I'm recommending something other than the recon is you said one was for a child. All that damage I listed happened on the recons 1st accident as the plastic IMO is pretty rigid which does not flex and snaps The R18b that I have I've driven WAY harder than the recon hit it all sorts of ways, and I've yet to break anything. Only thing for any 1/18th make sure you have a flat surface pre-pared as they don't do well in grass(why I recommended a 1/10th). As for the 1/10th ECX trucks I've seen reviews where they are run full throttle into walls, getting tires clipped, and don't break a single part.(don't know about that 1/18th scale ECX smash though never saw anything on that)
Old 11-21-2012, 07:48 AM
strangera

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Recently me and bunch of friends had some fun with the HPI Mini Recon and some cameras... here is the result - HPI Mini Recon jumps over Lamborghini Superleggera, Audi TT, BMW X6 and Lexus IS 350:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS2XvD8CxJk[/youtube]
Old 01-31-2013, 01:34 PM
amtrainz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was reading your post. I have a MR also and need new shocks. Don't like the idea of two different length. Any suggestions on some aluminum
upgrades .