Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum
View Poll Results: A poll
Venom Fireball 370P
60.00%
Frenzy 370
0%
Insane 370
0%
Other (provide below)
40.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Motors for Mini-T!! POLL!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 08:21 AM
cumminspower5.9
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motors for Mini-T!! POLL!

My mini t is stock and i hate the stock motor.but i will upgrade to either 7.4v nimh or lipo soon after new motor purchase. New motor comes first. Which motor is faster and has more torque?
Old 10-17-2011, 08:26 AM
Rcforme...

Default RE: Motors for Mini-T!! POLL!

I had a Mini Desert Buggy (same stock motor as Mini-T, RS280) and when the motor burned out, I bought a RX280 (from Losi). My Mini-Desert Buggy got boosted from 15 mp/h to 23 mp/h!
'S' stands for 'Sport' and 'X' stands for 'Xtreme'. This motor also gives more battery life then all the motors in the poll. My 1100 Mah lasted for 30 minutes with that motor!
Old 10-17-2011, 09:51 AM
rschoi_75

ORIGINAL: cumminspower5.9

My mini t is stock and i hate the stock motor. but i will upgrade to either 7.4v nimh or lipo soon after new motor purchase. New motor comes first. Which motor is faster and has more torque?

So you're still using AA's?

Upgrade the battery first. That's by far the best thing you can do right now. Then upgrade your motor if you feel you need more speed.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:43 AM
kaycerc

ORIGINAL: rschoi_75

My mini t is stock and i hate the stock motor.but i will upgrade to either 7.4v nimh or lipo soon after new motor purchase. New motor comes first. Which motor is faster and has more torque?

Upgrade the battery first. That's by far the best thing you can do right now. Then upgrade your motor if you feel you need more speed.
That's what I told him the other day when he asked, in another thread, maybe he'll listen to you.

Old 10-17-2011, 11:09 AM
cumminspower5.9

ORIGINAL: rschoi_75

Yea im still using AA's. i plan to upgrade to a 7.4v lipo or nimh pack, but wasn't sure if i wanted the motor first.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:17 PM
The Mad Modder

Lipos will definitely give it more of a punch.

After having every piece of stock electronics die in my losi Mini baja(different version of mini-t), I will no longer buy any losi brand electronics(or any other horizon brand). If it was one of two things I'd chalk it up as just lemons, but everything?

Of the motors you listed I've only had the Venom fireball. I'm not sure if it still is, but it at least used to be made by a Korean company named A-tech(I've heard they made parts for Kyosho) for their minis. Venom imported A-tech's Leo-X truck as their Mini Giant and, as an upgrade, imported A-tech's "P" type motor as the fireball 370.

The quality of my fireball is very good and it's a good deal faster than the stock motor.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:07 AM
cumminspower5.9

I would like to get this thread going again for more opinions. you guys have a lot more knowledge in the mini section than i do. i have upgraded the battery to 7.2v. But now i am stuck between motors... either the venom fireball or the rx-280. I am looking for speed and torque mostly, but dont want anything that will burn out within a few runs. Also, would the venom fireball even fit in the mini t stock without modding anything? if the stock motor is a 280 size and the fireball is 370 size, wont this cause an issue?
Old 10-24-2011, 09:46 AM
SmOkEeJay

I just put a Frenzy 370 in my son's Losi Mini Desert Truck. Much faster than the stock motor, of course. I can't comment on the others. Also, to get the 370 to fit I had to boar out the holes on the motor plate to be able to get the holes in the motor to line up as well as new pinion as the stock motor had a plastic pinion with no grub screw to hold it on.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:20 PM
mrbonez

the fireball is a direct fit . the rx 280 is a direct fit as well . the frenzy needs slight mod on the motor mount as mentioned . imho the best motor for a mini t with a stock esc is the orion baja but you may not be able to find one anywhere . the rx280 is rebrushable where the fireball is closed end bell ( not rebrushable) . the rx would last longer but you will need to replace the brushes and break them about 6 battery packs or so . the fireball is a great punchy little motor but some of them do not last very long and some do it is a hit or miss with them. there is a motor all the mini t guys used to swear buy it is a grouper 300 i have never tried one so i dont know where to look or how it performs . all that said i would grab a rx 280 . im sure theres better brushed motor out there but they can cost about $30.0-$40.0 to buy and with that money you could just buy an ezrun brushless set up .
Old 10-25-2011, 04:05 AM
cumminspower5.9

ORIGINAL: mrbonez

the fireball is a direct fit . the rx 280 is a direct fit as well . the frenzy needs slight mod on the motor mount as mentioned . imho the best motor for a mini t with a stock esc is the orion baja but you may not be able to find one anywhere . the rx280 is rebrushable where the fireball is closed end bell ( not rebrushable) . the rx would last longer but you will need to replace the brushes and break them about 6 battery packs or so . the fireball is a great punchy little motor but some of them do not last very long and some do it is a hit or miss with them. there is a motor all the mini t guys used to swear buy it is a grouper 300 i have never tried one so i dont know where to look or how it performs . all that said i would grab a rx 280 . im sure theres better brushed motor out there but they can cost about $30.0-$40.0 to buy and with that money you could just buy an ezrun brushless set up .
Is the orion baja a direct fit into the mini t as well? i no it sounds like im lazy but honestly i would rather not have to modify anything. mostly because i don't want to ruin anyhting lol.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:54 PM
mrbonez

yes the baja is a direct fit but you will need the plastic losi pinions or the metal losi pinions as the shaft is rather short .