Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ezrun 25a Max temp?

Its well known they enter thermal protection after a few min of 3s runs although rated for it so I turned it off(keep in mind its a spare) and tested with a 3s. After some speed runs from a 1600mah batt I got up to 160 degrees with constant runs(cooled to 120 in about 20 secs).

I know some speed controls are rated up to 200+ degrees so just curious if this is an acceptable range?
    Losi xxx-4,rc10gt/picco .26bb,electric tc3,ultra comp 2,rdlogics sho,Tmaxx,mini revo,hobby king beetle

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: ezrun 25a Max temp?

most of them r rated to 200

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Moe's up there is not big on reading, so I'll give it a go. Electronics the hotter you get them, the shorter the life. However electronics don't run as efficient unless their at operating temperature, so a little warm, or warmed up if you will. If your esc gets to 140 or 160, u should be just fine, but my first esc (brushless) never got hotter than say 120 130, and I've been running it almost daily, for over 5 years. Back then it was 95 bucks, so I've gotten my money's worth out of it. 

It's not that a cold esc isn't efficient, but that they seem to "like" to run when warmed up. 

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Glassart007

Moe's up there is not big on reading, so I'll give it a go. Electronics the hotter you get them, the shorter the life. However electronics don't run as efficient unless their at operating temperature, so a little warm, or warmed up if you will. If your esc gets to 140 or 160, u should be just fine, but my first esc (brushless) never got hotter than say 120 130, and I've been running it almost daily, for over 5 years. Back then it was 95 bucks, so I've gotten my money's worth out of it.

It's not that a cold esc isn't efficient, but that they seem to "like" to run when warmed up.
    lol ok let me try this another way....

Most low amp ESCs have a limit of 200F, if ur motor or esc are not over heating and u like what u aregetting from it speed and power wise then u are laughing, but this is the fun part, if that happens u can always go up a cell on lipo. If u dont want to go up a cell u can always change the gearing of the pinion or spur... to get more out of what the ESC motor combo offers.

I put a fuze 5800 KVin my mini flux and on 2s at 30 burst, the thing was smoking after like 5 mins, smoking as in really damn hot and the esc wasnt going in to fail safe mode, im not sure why, but there was smoke coming out of the motor wires, was it fun watching it smoke damn rights, was it fun getting the speed i was getting from the mini flux? hellyes,i didnt dare press full power because every chance i got to do that i ran out of room, was it hard on the esc? and motor i sure as hell think so i couldnt touch the motor.. but im sure the esc was under 200F because it never hit protection mode and i was too afrade that the motor was ganna bust and set my flux on fire, so i downgraded and put a 3300 kv in the flux is it as fun was it was before? not really lol but its safe.

The 5800 went in to my tamiya drift car .

For you OP that is an acceptanble range, any how u can always be safe and have a heat gun on hand