Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Need Micro Truggy battery advice

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 05:37 PM
Kenmtb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Micro Truggy battery advice

Hi-
I just got a nice losi Micro Truggy and it comes with a 4.8V nimh micro battery.

I have run 10th scale before so I have an accucell6 charger.

1) Where can I get a female micro connector like the one inside the car? I would like to
solder it on to some plugs so I can charge the micro battery.

2) Are there any 7.2V nimh packs that will fit the micro truggy?
Thanks

3) Is there an inline LVC that will work If I got a lipo

Thanks!
Old 05-08-2012, 06:15 AM
Glassart007

Default RE: Need Micro Truggy battery advice

Change the plugs, including chgr to deans micro plug. Yes the 7.2 will fit. Lvc, just get turnigy trackstar 18a here
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/store/__418__182__ESC_UBEC_VR-Car_ESC.html
Its 13.05, has lvc built in. 
Old 05-08-2012, 07:54 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Kenmtb

Hi-
I just got a nice losi Micro Truggy and it comes with a 4.8V nimh micro battery.

I have run 10th scale before so I have an accucell6 charger.

1) Where can I get a female micro connector like the one inside the car? I would like to
solder it on to some plugs so I can charge the micro battery.

2) Are there any 7.2V nimh packs that will fit the micro truggy?
Thanks

3) Is there an inline LVC that will work If I got a lipo

Thanks!
if the stock is a 4.8V NiMh I wouldn't go upt to a 7.2v NiMh on the stock electronics. The one losi Micro I own (its a MHR, and is the 1st and last Losi I will ever own) I find runs just within heat tolerances for the electronics on the stock setup. To my knowledge they do sell a lipo battery for the micros and I've seen videos of them literally flying once its popped in(but remember the electronics get hotter).

As for inline LVC I find those are usually insanely expensive (most times as much as a damn ESC with one built in) and usually tell people to go the LVA (Low Voltage Alarm) route seeing they cost like $5 off ebay shipped, and make a extremely high pitched whine which will drive you insane before the battery is over drained
Old 05-08-2012, 04:32 PM
Kenmtb

awesome advice!
Thanks
Old 03-24-2013, 04:37 PM
diabolic-mind

the micro truggy can handle the higher voltage just fine, what really gets hot is the motor. i have been running the 7.4volt xceleron lipo for a few weeks now and the electronics are just fine. im using the stock 58tooth spur with the 13 tooth pinion, motor doesnt seem to get too hot but i also added a cooling port to the side. i trimmed down the one side of the chassis right next to the motor and put a screen over it to keep debris out of the motor, then on the body i cut a little flap to direct air to the motor and also added a screen to the body. motor still gets pretty warm bot not as bad. and this little truck flies! in the process of converting to brushless as i am a bit of a speed junkie and dont really do much jumping with it. stock setup with the xceleron lipo is a major inprovement over stock, i highly reccommend it